Felman Power Rate

There are 27 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Sep 11, 2013, titled Felman Power Rate. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

Charleston , Kanawha County , West Virginia Felman Production company is asking state regulators to approve a special power rate for its idled plant in New Haven.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Yes it is me

United States

#21 Feb 18, 2014
If you are talking about the reduction side the answer is no. 600+ employees lost their jobs. They still have a few people there such as maintenance and a few office people but that is about it. Fabrication is up and running with quite a few good contracts I hear but have experienced a large number of problems with machinery lately. They have hired back some of the laid off people on that side. I wish they would fire up the reduction side to get more money flowing around here not to mention jobs.
????

Point Pleasant, WV

#22 Feb 19, 2014
Yes it is me wrote:
If you are talking about the reduction side the answer is no. 600+ employees lost their jobs. They still have a few people there such as maintenance and a few office people but that is about it. Fabrication is up and running with quite a few good contracts I hear but have experienced a large number of problems with machinery lately. They have hired back some of the laid off people on that side. I wish they would fire up the reduction side to get more money flowing around here not to mention jobs.
They said Felman not Century!!!! How can you confuse the two????
Yes it is me

United States

#23 Feb 19, 2014
Uhh...I was to lazy to actually read the story. Remember, our elected officials never read Obama Care and voted yes, so you should not be so hard on an old man.
Concerned mom

Metz, WV

#24 Apr 29, 2014
I am glad the contract passed and I hope that ALL employees are called back to work. But I heard that the new contract does not promise that will happen. Nor does it say the employees will get needed raises in the future. I hope it turns out well for all of the families involved and that the company really makes an effort to keep the plant going at full production so that everyone will benefit. God bless all of the employees and their families.
Pappy

Point Pleasant, WV

#25 Apr 30, 2014
In todays world, anything could happen.
worker

Lumberport, WV

#26 May 1, 2014
Plant retiree wrote:
Did this plant ever put all the people they had layed off back to work?
There is nothing new about the plant any longer in regular news. Last I heard, even the slag unit had stopped working.
no but they are calling back,and yes the slag plant is still running, in couple months it will be balls to the wall making metal,
worker and taxpayer

Burton, WV

#27 May 9, 2014
Should change the name to Welfare Felman now, we pay the electric bill and profits go to the Ukrainians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why was Chad Green depressed? 1 hr Agry39 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr Clarksburg Forum 1,281
Why can't I just have some candy?? 1 hr Tom Clark 3
Breeders ARRESTED 1 hr 40cal 1
News Sissonville VFD needs $450,000 (Nov '10) 1 hr THE COMIC 39
Ex GOP Chair Busted For CHILD__MOLESTATION 1 hr Thump her 2
Two Church Pastors Among 32 Arrested 1 hr Altar Boy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages