First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious

United States

#1 Nov 10, 2010
Can someone tell me how their cakes are? Price-wise and also taste.. Any info would be appreciated.
reading post

Berkeley Springs, WV

#2 Dec 5, 2010
Yes they are good. I can't tell you the prices but they are good cakes. Also try the hotdog pastries. They are yummy!
Agreed

Beckley, WV

#3 Dec 11, 2010
Those hot dog pastries are Blue Ribbon winners.

I love Spring Hill Pastry. I just wish they had a location in Beckley
Life long Customer

Hinesville, GA

#4 Dec 11, 2010
I can remember my birthday cakes as a young girl from there and I'm in my 30's now. They have always been a bit pricey but believe me you totally wont care what you paid for it once you and your guest taste the quality of what you have. Time honared recipes and traditions, well worth it. I'm a military wife and travel the world and my taste buds still compare everything to Spring Hill Pastry....
they

Grundy, VA

#5 Feb 21, 2011
awesome place. good prices and great food!
Bummed Bride

Charleston, WV

#6 Feb 21, 2011
Everything tastes wonderful. Prices are reasonable. However service when ordering a specialty cake like for a wedding is the worst. Very unprofessional. I had a terrible experiance and have come across many with the same issues. With such good baking it's a shame there service is so unreliable!
mountain doo

Charleston, WV

#7 Feb 21, 2011
I find their cakes just so-so... There just doesn't seem to be much for a bride to pick from here in Charleston, which is why people find it necessary to cater to Spring Hill. When I go to their bakery, I'm looking around to see what I might want, and either they seem very impatient with me, or they just ignore me. They need some competition to shake 'em up a bit. I only go when my mom sends me for something when she's craving sweets.
local

Lubbock, TX

#8 Feb 22, 2011
Love Spring Hill Pastry! Great local bakery! Not sure about the prices, but the quality is outstanding!
Sweet Cakes

Charleston, WV

#9 Feb 23, 2011
Some of their pastries are really good however, really just depends on what you get. I think this is everywhere you go, I will agree on the service - this does leave a very bad taste in your mouth.
Cakelover

Huntington, WV

#10 Feb 23, 2011
Wonderful and inexpensive.
Hot Dogs

Lubbock, TX

#11 Feb 25, 2011
I used to date a girl that worked there. The hot dogs are the best.
mountain doo

Charleston, WV

#12 Feb 25, 2011
What are "hot dogs"? Seriously, every bakery has a name for certain of their confections--what is the hot dog from Spring Hill? Is that like a cream-filled pastry?
visitor

Lubbock, TX

#13 Feb 25, 2011
mountain doo wrote:
What are "hot dogs"? Seriously, every bakery has a name for certain of their confections--what is the hot dog from Spring Hill? Is that like a cream-filled pastry?
It is a pastry that kind of resembles a "hot dog bun" filled with cream filling. They are very rich and VERY good.

“Oo-de-Lally.”

Since: Jun 11

Lots of places, USA

#14 Jun 22, 2011
Their pastries and cakes are delicious. However, their service leaves something to be desired.
I won a cake for my birthday via 100.9 birthday club, picked up my certificate for the cake from the station (who was completely nice about everything, by the way) the same day I won and then spoke with an employee of Spring Hill Bakery over the phone and placed my order for a chocolate on chocolate sheet cake to be picked up the next day.
The next day, they didn't have it. And the owner was completely rude about the whole thing. But maybe she was just having a bad day. Regardless, she made me have a bad birthday, as I was without cake and branded with sadness by her sour attitude.
Nosey

Clayton, NC

#15 Jun 22, 2011
The hot dogs are the best thing in the place. The cakes are just plain old sheet cakes and the icing is nothing special.
sally ann

Charleston, WV

#16 Jun 22, 2011
Colonel B wrote:
Their pastries and cakes are delicious. However, their service leaves something to be desired.
I won a cake for my birthday via 100.9 birthday club, picked up my certificate for the cake from the station (who was completely nice about everything, by the way) the same day I won and then spoke with an employee of Spring Hill Bakery over the phone and placed my order for a chocolate on chocolate sheet cake to be picked up the next day.
The next day, they didn't have it. And the owner was completely rude about the whole thing. But maybe she was just having a bad day. Regardless, she made me have a bad birthday, as I was without cake and branded with sadness by her sour attitude.
They fired the only woman down there that knew what she was doing
Love them

Saint Albans, WV

#17 Oct 4, 2012
We used to get birthday cake there every year, they were wonderful!! 2-layer round cakes with yummy icing! I am trying to find the prices from there now also. Incidentally, when I was there last, about 2 months ago, the gentleman that waited on me was very polite and patient.
Customer

Saint Albans, WV

#18 Oct 6, 2012
Their hot dogs are to die for, as well as the German Chocolate cake. The employees that work there are terrible, however the owner is first class!
Just Saying

Charleston, WV

#19 Oct 6, 2012
If you dont mind Pepper Eran baking your cakes then go right ahead and eat there.. I will never purchase another cake or anything there as long as she works there.. ewww!!
Bill

San Angelo, TX

#20 Oct 9, 2012
Very good pastries Their hotdogs are great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joey Fife (May '13) 8 min Loveboat 14
Trump First 100 Days: More Bullshit 10 min LOSER 15
Why is my posts being deleted?? 20 min Firefly2 12
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 20 min Not his fault 1,461
When I say Tom you say Clark 38 min Lester 2
Just saw a lady fall at the Outback 42 min Dingo 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 58 min Sheesh 4,081

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages