Magistrate Dismisses Woman's Drug Cha...

Magistrate Dismisses Woman's Drug Charge, Then Hires Her

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Judge

Charleston, WV

#1 Feb 29, 2012
Drug Justice?

A DUI and drug arrest could have much bigger implications. The woman arrested worked as a maid for Kanawha County Magistrate Carol Fouty and was driving Fouty's car, but it's what the magistrate did before and after the arrest that's raising some red flags.

Police say Melea Fisher was driving the magistrate's car while she was high and had prescription pills and marijuana in her purse.

"I never had any idea she had a drug problem, it shocked me," Fouty says.

But Magistrate Fouty should have known that Fisher had been arrested before for marijuana. Fisher was charged with simple possession on New Year's Eve, but unknown to the prosecutor's office and the arresting officer magistrate Fouty dismissed the charge about a month later, no reason given. Then a few days after dismissing the charge, Fouty hired Fisher to be her maid. Fouty says she hired Fisher because she knew her family and didn't realize she had dismissed a drug charge for her.

After Fisher's DUI arrest magistrate Fouty called the magistrate on duty and asked her to go easy on Fisher. Magistrate Julie Yeager didn't and Fisher remains in jail. Fouty says when she called she only thought her made was facing a traffic violation.

"There shouldn't be any favoritism whatsoever and that's why the rules of judicial ethics are in place," Kanawha County Prosecutor Mark Plants says.

When asked if there is an investigation into Fouty, Plants said he cannot comment on any case where there has not been an arrest made so he can't confirm or deny.
looking for justice

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Feb 29, 2012
Doesn't surprise me a bit. That one charge was dismissed or that the prosecutor claims he didn't know about it. They hide alot of things for one another down there in that court house!
1 post removed
Sissy

Charleston, WV

#4 Feb 29, 2012
Carol Fouty is crooked duh! She always has been and always will be.
carol fouty is trash

Charleston, WV

#5 Feb 29, 2012
let me guess bill forbes will represent her
birds of a feather flock together
1 post removed
Carol and Forbes

Charleston, WV

#7 Feb 29, 2012
THE DREAM TEAM AT ITS BEST
I Agree

Charleston, WV

#8 Feb 29, 2012
As a attorney myself I have seen Magistrate Fouty throw out some very serious cases. Due to personal intrest.
Sam

Charleston, WV

#9 Feb 29, 2012
looking for justice wrote:
Doesn't surprise me a bit. That one charge was dismissed or that the prosecutor claims he didn't know about it. They hide alot of things for one another down there in that court house!
Your words are so very true. How can we the people keep electing the same bunch year After year and then we cry when our favorite politicians Break the law.
talk talk talk talk talk

Elkview, WV

#10 Mar 1, 2012
Fouty NEVER gets in trouble. She will get out of this. Always does and always will.
fouty corrupt

Charleston, WV

#11 Mar 1, 2012
If we let her by this time were crazy
And Her Daughter

Charleston, WV

#12 Mar 1, 2012
Is it true that Carol and her daughter own property with Forbes
Carols Daughter is Trash

Charleston, WV

#13 Mar 1, 2012
I hope her and her daughter go to jail.
2 posts removed
Snowshoelover

Charleston, WV

#16 Mar 1, 2012
Yealp Fouty has always been a criminal.
CAROL IS DISGUSTING

Charleston, WV

#17 Mar 1, 2012
Mark Plants should prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law.
theriverrunsdeep

Prichard, WV

#18 Mar 1, 2012
You
1 post removed
sandi

Charleston, WV

#20 Mar 1, 2012
It's not just Fouty, they all do it. You cannot blame just one judge for all of the people released and back out on the street before the officers can get the reports completed. Whose fault is this? OURS. If you want something to change you have to do something differently.
bslater

Demotte, IN

#21 Mar 1, 2012
You dont think mark plants haves let people go?
bslater

Demotte, IN

#22 Mar 1, 2012
Tell me this mark plants lets people go when they get caught for drugs because they rat on people whats differnts from him carol that kills he act like he doesnt do anything wrong
1 post removed
theriverrunsdeep

United States

#24 Mar 1, 2012
bslater wrote:
Tell me this mark plants lets people go when they get caught for drugs because they rat on people whats differnts from him carol that kills he act like he doesnt do anything wrong
I very much like your post, there is a difference mark plants does use people to do there job. Carol does her job, she a good women, but don't take. The kindness for weakness, she is very smart & strong women !!!!!!
hildalgo

Charleston, WV

#25 Mar 1, 2012
The big thing here for all of you to remember is this....WHEN IT IS TIME TO VOTE. DONT VOTE THIS PERSON IN FOR THIS ELECTION. DONT DO IT.
bslater

Demotte, IN

#26 Mar 1, 2012
i will vote for carol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adelphia sportsbar & grille 13 min Tami 3
Suddenlink not delivering advertised speed (Mar '15) 22 min The truth 28
Hate Trumps Hillary 38 min Cain7000 4
Most Romantic Place In Charleston 41 min Happy 3
Kanawha Electric Cuts Pay & hours 57 min Howd duty 178
Timothy call Tom Clark 1 hr Simon 6
President Hillary Clinton speaks tonight 1 hr Nancy 16

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance