First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lol at You

Milton, WV

#24 Feb 4, 2014
EnlightenedRedneck wrote:
Isn't it odd that there's no one on our local TV news medias who have a WV accent? Why are most of these news anchors, meteorologists from New York and other states? Does that not make any of you think? Why is it always 'them' and not us on our OWN news? There's many graduates from WVU and other colleges who are more than qualified to do it, so why isn't any of our people on any local news medias? Is it the same reason that most of the people who own small buisness' in Charleston are not from WV either? A lot of New Yorkers and other outsiders around here. Why is that?
Bet you probably think that your sister is a great kisser.
nemesis

Charleston, WV

#25 Feb 5, 2014
They all do ,a good job, and yes, they do wear shoes.
Photoshop

Stafford, VA

#26 Feb 7, 2014
WOWK- Nicky Walters and Jessie Shafer are both local. Jessie is from Pinch and went to Hoover.
gary

Minford, OH

#27 Feb 7, 2014
nemesis wrote:
They all do ,a good job, and yes, they do wear shoes.
only to work in. job requirement.
concerned

Dunbar, WV

#28 Feb 7, 2014
we need outside reporters providing critical analysis of the politicians, law enforcement, court system, etc. More times then not, the corrupt good ole' boy threat/influence puts real pressure on local reporters/journalist, i.e., 'if you like your career, you won't print or say that' or 'keep your mouth shut, you'll be set up, fired, and you will never get a job anywhere and we'll see to that' or 'you just figuring out that WV is a dictatorship and you can't really be a journalist here' or 'you can only report what you're told to report' or 'the news, media, newspapers are controlled here' or 'you want to be a reporter/journalist or do you want to work at mc donald's' etc.
sochi

Charleston, WV

#29 Feb 7, 2014
toofless mofos
Fred Jones

Charleston, WV

#30 Feb 7, 2014
Interesting point. It seems to me like most of them are robotic humanoids from the Midwest. Cannot watch or listen to it.
paw

Charleston, WV

#31 Feb 7, 2014
ya'll need jethro bodine doin the news.
gary

Minford, OH

#32 Feb 8, 2014
paw wrote:
last i heared. hes still in californee
hot tub dave

Centreville, VA

#33 Feb 8, 2014
so if they don't speak with a drawl, they ain't "country"

maybe they want to improve their place in life.

besides, you need to be able to read and write to do the news....which rules out most people from up the holler. they say they ain't got time for that.
Whats up

Cleveland, OH

#34 Feb 8, 2014
Hi
Laughing at hillbillys

Milton, WV

#35 Feb 8, 2014
hot tub dave wrote:
so if they don't speak with a drawl, they ain't "country"
maybe they want to improve their place in life.
besides, you need to be able to read and write to do the news....which rules out most people from up the holler. they say they ain't got time for that.
Need at least a couple of teeth also.
What difference does it make anyway? Most just turn on FOX News when they wake up and let them tell them what is best.
gulp

Charleston, WV

#36 Feb 8, 2014
Zoom! Zoom! inkydink!
EnlightenedRedne ck

Milton, WV

#37 Feb 10, 2014
paw wrote:
That would be a step-up from Bernie Goldstein. I bet he loves his kids as long as they are under 9. This based on the Talmud.
JStudent

Bronx, NY

#38 Apr 2, 2014
Journalism schools promote broadcasting without an accent to broaden job opportunities for grads. I'm from WV, but wouldn't get a job in CA with my accent. Off camera, I say "y'all" more than anyone probably should, but I'd never say it on camera because it isn't professional. I was close to one of WCHS's newer reporters in school and can promise that she definitely has an accent off-camera like I do, but you wouldn't know that just listening to her on camera.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hope Pain Clinic (Apr '12) 1 hr phARMed 166
Antibiotic Levaquin 2 hr Info 5
Lee Terrace Apartments (Dec '13) 4 hr Blue Guy 87
Campbells Creek (Mar '11) 4 hr Ruthie BB 182
Dakota Procter and his dysfuntional family 4 hr old timer with a ... 1
Who is the White Male Drug Addict and Street-Tr... (Aug '14) 5 hr Jonathan 60
Professional Hillbilly Panhandlers Targeted En ... 5 hr readysteadygo! 21
CHS Principal 9 hr Duerring the queen 44
More from around the web

Charleston People Search