Prosecutor: Career loss punishment en...

Prosecutor: Career loss punishment enough for Clarksburg police officers

There are 8 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Jul 13, 2013, titled Prosecutor: Career loss punishment enough for Clarksburg police officers. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

The top federal prosecutor for Northern West Virginia says he didn't give special treatment to the Clarksburg police chief and lieutenant by allowing them to step down to avoid prosecution for lying to federal agents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

Travesti

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Jul 14, 2013
Still covering up for each other
disgraceful

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Jul 14, 2013
Its not a loss of job it's more like early retirement.He gets his pension & he will never be held accountable.
true dat

Clarksburg, WV

#3 Jul 14, 2013
Cant they still be held accountable by the city for nonfederal charges such as dereliction of duty,failure to render assistance - something - anything where they are held accountable for their actions or at least lose their pensions. Why should the citizens have to pay cops who didnt truly protect or serve? Served their own interest and city council masters interest but not the people. Mrs.Lopez is a community member I doubt she feels very protected!
ron reagan

Princeton, WV

#4 Jul 14, 2013
what a scumbag judge!!!! I hope he loses his job
irish bitch

Bridgeport, WV

#5 Jul 21, 2013
none of them are ever held accountable for their actions.as always covering up things.paper work accidently getting lost.yet the feds keep comming back to investigate.doesn't do any good. i am sure good ole prosecutor makes good use of his paper shredder. especially when he doesn't want to see a man prosecuted for beating a woman.cpd takes the pictures .the pictures made it in front of gizzy davis.but oops when it comes time for the grand jury. oops no pictures. not even in the file with the police report.still cheating on your wife joe?maybe you should invest in a bullet proof vest.you may need it someday.everybody in cburg doesn't like you
Congressman AlexWeinstein

Fairmont, WV

#6 Jul 22, 2013
I wish our Prosecutor and all, prosecutors, would take that attitude with everyone. Since the BASELINE punishment for most guys who go to jail is losing their job. If that's ALL they lost maybe they wouldn't be so angry.

But for your average I don't know people up at the Courthouse person, career loss goes hand in hand with freedom loss, dollar loss, pride loss, ability to get another job loss, decent food loss, decent place to sleep at night without some other guy taking a $hit two feet away from your face at night loss. All kinds of loss.

Hey Joe. Remember that as you're going after random people for random crimes that you, know you don't really care about. Just say to the "victim" "look. As an officer and representative of the state, it HURTS THE STATE to make young and middle aged men lose their jobs and destroy their lives just so you can feel some sense of "revenge". No I Joe Shaffer am not going to do that to my community. This "criminal" is going to serve house arrest, we're not going to drug test because we don't want them to fail (and thus have to send them to jail), he's going to keep his job, pay some minor fine, and you and he are going to fix your problems without making a new one for me and our County. Love, Joe."

Fairmont, WV

#7 Jul 22, 2013
It's Always Sunny in West Virginia.

Fairmont, WV

#8 Jul 22, 2013
I, as a "citizen", "member of the community", voter, etc, do not really care about what crime someone did to you. All I care about is that someone doesn't do it, to ME! And the best way to ensure that is to make sure that the kind of person who might commit a crime when under major life pressure (pile$ of life $hit) won't COMMIT IT! because WE (The State of West Virginia) doesn't annoy the $hit out of them until they really don't care anymore.

Don't you people get this? Obviously not. Because I at least believe you "Clarksburg" would, like, to reduce crime. I believe that. Except you can't reduce crime BY PI$$ING OFF THE CRIMINALS MORE! Hello? McFly? Hello? Are you alive in there?

Alright. You've got a 25-35 year old guy who's got a job. Is doing a marginally alright job supporting his children he shouldn't have had. He brakes some stupid law. Drives home perfectly safely except slightly buzzed. Steals a $.75 candy bar just because he feels like it, because he never gets his "metaphorical" candy bar in life. Something like that. He's not winning. But he's not losing. He's not happy. But, things are alright.

Like this guy:

Now. I ask you. What's going to keep him faithful, and working and not annoying YOU, non victim taxpayer who wants to "clean up our city." You think sending him to jail and making him jump through 10000 legal hoops just to breathe is going to improve his attitude about life?

NO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Gilz selling meth out of Jefferson Adult s... 12 min Spanks 3
Captain D's or Long John Silvers 18 min Truth teller 11
Play James Brown 40 min bulk 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 41 min looney 4,250
Pretty black girl working at Ryans in South Cha... 50 min HUNTINGTON 56
NASCAR drivers not taking a knee 1 hr Monica 6
Boycotting the NFL 1 hr wallbanger 14

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance