Why so many Casto Tech trucks at WV S...

Why so many Casto Tech trucks at WV State Captiol

Posted in the Charleston Forum

Watchdog

Nitro, WV

#1 Jun 6, 2010
I would like to know why the State is conrtacting out work to Casto Tech when they have qualified people that can do the work.
On one holiday I counted 12 Casto Tech Vans setting on the parking lot and have noticed that there are at least 4 there everyday.
ZERO

Nitro, WV

#2 Jun 6, 2010
Last year Casto Tech did over 13 million dollars of work for the State of West Virginia according to State Auditors Web page.
I would like to know if this work was bid according to Law and if the workers were paid prevailing wage.
Facts

Nitro, WV

#3 Jun 6, 2010
Here is where you can go and get the facts on just how much casto is being paid by the state

https://www.wvsao.gov/vista/scr/global/accoun... ?
Asking

Nitro, WV

#4 Jun 9, 2010
Went to site and checked out some payments looks like all payments are being paid on OE Contract GSD076402A. Why are these contracts not being bid
seperate that are for over $25,000 thought state law required these to be bid out and are the workers being paid prevailing wage on these jobs.
1 post removed
INDISTRESS

Charleston, WV

#6 Sep 17, 2011
Prevailing wage is a communist idea that simply robs the taxpayer of their hard earned dollars. If a contracor runs a tight ship, controls his overhead and can bid the same work for less, then the taxpayer is a winner. Casto is a local non union contractor. Therefore, your tax dollars are kept locally and spent locally by Casto employees. Who is the State to tell a private company how much they need to pay their employees?
hvaccontractor

Summersville, WV

#7 Sep 18, 2011
Watchdog wrote:
I would like to know why the State is conrtacting out work to Casto Tech when they have qualified people that can do the work.
On one holiday I counted 12 Casto Tech Vans setting on the parking lot and have noticed that there are at least 4 there everyday.
Seriously? Do you really think if they were qualified they'd stay there and make $30-40k a year, when they could go work for a contractor for twice that?? Big difference in a maintenance man and an experienced commercial HVAC Technician.
Oh I forgot, when you work got the state it doesn't matter what you really know...not like profit is at stake, lol.
INDISTRESS

Charleston, WV

#8 Sep 19, 2011
Do as I say, not as I do. The State requires contractors to pay prevailing wage when working at the Capitol but it doesn't pay it's own employees a fraction of that for the same work. Hypocrits!
copenhager

Summersville, WV

#9 Sep 20, 2011
There are three different contractors currently in the bid process for the work at the Capitol, one of them is Casto, another has all ex Casto employees, and the third is a fairly new company. The state is in no hurry to award this contract. The low bidder has been determined, but may be disqualified?? Who knows. What's the hold up?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kanawha County Schools closings 37 min omg 1
Josh Engaged to Sweathog 1 hr Thats just nasty 15
hollie doub,jada martin, kc troglin 1 hr ()()()()() 10
Does anyone know scary Jerry from Boone co 1 hr Thats just nasty 2
Is Tom Clark and Luther engaged 3 hr Robert 24
Sharone Rice shook his baby 3 hr abbagoochie 5
Crorrupt lawyers Tim Carrico 3 hr Judy 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages