Brenda

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2006

I know Stan Pierson and it is so tragic he did not just leave a dysfunctional marriage full of financial, drug related, gambling related and abuse BY HIS WIFE instead of killing them.

I'm sure he separated from reality for just a few minutes and I know that won't bring the victims back or soothe the hurt the family feels, but it will help everybody who knew these folks to admit the victims treated Stan very very bad.
neighbor

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2007

How well did you know Stanley and his wife?
Did you ever spent any time with them?

Are you saying Stanley played NO ROLE in the finances, drugs, gambling, and abuse?

In WHAT WAY will it help everybody who knew these folks to admit that the victims treated Stan bad?

Are you SURE Stan seperated from reality for just a few minutes? Or did he plan his course of action in advance?

Did his wife or 20 year-old stepdaughter have any medical issues that you know of?

How well do you know the members of these families?
in kanawha valley

Willis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2007

I also was a neighbor to these folks and I only know what I heard and seen outside, usually late of the night.

Fighting and fussing with the physcial and verbal abuse coming from the victim Lisa.

Of course the only folks who know (frist hand) of any drug abuse are the ones who sold or bought them from the victims and surely they could not go to the police.

So there should not be much evidence forthcoming about that matter. Rumors about the surgeries of the two victims reducing their weight and the need for pain medication were also rampant - and it is understandable if addiction was caused by such and pain medicine obtained without prescriptions - though expensive!!!!

According to Sans employer he worked a lot of overtime as well as his regular shift so it appears maybe he would not have had much time to indulge in drugs and gambling - but who knows?? Also some of the employees there told the family about him needing a ride home for lack of use of a vehicle.

And the Bankruptcy and price of the house bought by them were in the paper - a matter of record

Many neighbors in that area talk about different things they observed and most of them seemed to feel sorry for Stan as well as the victims and their families.
Wondering Out Loud

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2007

in kanawha valley wrote:
I also was a neighbor to these folks and I only know what I heard and seen outside, usually late of the night.
Fighting and fussing with the physcial and verbal abuse coming from the victim Lisa.
Of course the only folks who know (frist hand) of any drug abuse are the ones who sold or bought them from the victims and surely they could not go to the police.
So there should not be much evidence forthcoming about that matter. Rumors about the surgeries of the two victims reducing their weight and the need for pain medication were also rampant - and it is understandable if addiction was caused by such and pain medicine obtained without prescriptions - though expensive!!!!
According to Sans employer he worked a lot of overtime as well as his regular shift so it appears maybe he would not have had much time to indulge in drugs and gambling - but who knows?? Also some of the employees there told the family about him needing a ride home for lack of use of a vehicle.
And the Bankruptcy and price of the house bought by them were in the paper - a matter of record
Many neighbors in that area talk about different things they observed and most of them seemed to feel sorry for Stan as well as the victims and their families.
I thought where Stan worked that they did drug testing? If this is the case, then he would have to have been clean unless he knew a way to beat the test. I'm not sure but I always thought guards were drug-tested.
neighbor

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Brenda wrote:
I know Stan Pierson and it is so tragic he did not just leave a dysfunctional marriage full of financial, drug related, gambling related and abuse BY HIS WIFE instead of killing them.
I'm sure he separated from reality for just a few minutes and I know that won't bring the victims back or soothe the hurt the family feels, but it will help everybody who knew these folks to admit the victims treated Stan very very bad.
How well did you know Stanley and his wife?
Did you ever spent any time with them?
Are you saying Stanley played NO ROLE in the finances, drugs, gambling, and abuse?
In WHAT WAY will it help everybody who knew these folks to admit that the victims treated Stan bad?
Are you SURE Stan seperated from reality for just a few minutes? Or did he plan his course of action in advance?
Did his wife or 20 year-old stepdaughter have any medical issues that you know of?
neighbor

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Wondering Out Loud wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought where Stan worked that they did drug testing? If this is the case, then he would have to have been clean unless he knew a way to beat the test. I'm not sure but I always thought guards were drug-tested.
If a person hands every dollar they earn to someone addicted to a drug,(knowing what the money will be spent on), is that person guilty of a crime?
Wondering Out Loud

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person hands every dollar they earn to someone addicted to a drug,(knowing what the money will be spent on), is that person guilty of a crime?
My opinion would be that if they knew that is where the money was going then they should have some sort of responsibility regarding the drugs. I personally have refused money time and time again to my stepson because I knew he was on drugs but his mom gave him the money (of course I am the bad guy) but I feel that if you knowingly enable an addiction then you should be held accountable if it is an illegal addiction.
in kanawha valley

Willis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually if someone SELLS or gives drugs to someone and they die, they are resonsible, it's murder!!!. If they "front" money for the person to buy drugs and share the profit - they are guilty of a crime.

If someone is in their own car letting a drunk drive or it can be proven they handed the keys to someone who was already drunk - GUILTY of a crime. Remember if the person is giving the keys out to a sober person with operaters and he gets drunk out of the sight of the owner - they are not GUILTY.

So no matter if another person is addicted to FOOD, CIGARETTES, ALCOHOL - or whatever if the person who works to pay all the bills can't protect all assetts or monies from the addicted person or BELEIVES the money they give money to is to be spent on something else - then I'd say NO they are not guilty. If they give money freely and volntarily and say "hey go on and get it" (their choice of addiction) they are an enabler.

Usually if drugs (of an amount to constitute possession WITH INTENT to sell) or drug making, especially meth are found in a home - they seize the home whether everybody inside were guilty or not - I have read occassions were elderly folks that really DIDN'T REALIZE were allowed to keep their home but it would take a good lawyer.

There may be accessory charges or something there - not sure of the law inside a home if there is a user or small time dealer with small amounts. The one earning the money may be away all the time and not know definitely either even though there would be "hints and rumors of such"

All just my opinion (with a little reading and of course LA LAW
neighbor

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

Brenda wrote:

Brenda

Willis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
the repeated posting of these questions is evidently a need to get a response. Well::::
Actually I don't know the family well - but we all lived in the same area for years. Dwayne was my neighbor for a while and of course I knew Patty, the gal who moved in with Lisa afterwards most of her life. I suppose Dwayne told his family about the day he took Patty from that house to marry her and the horrible fighting that went on?? Also My sister married Stan's cousin and her and her family know his family.
I was asked if I knew of any medical problems the gals had:: Yes
I had "heard" rumors about the operations both ladies had to lose weight - but likewise I heard about all the supposedly "illegal prescription and street drugs they bought" - supposedly after they got addicted from taking pain pills after their surgeries. The key word here is "I heard" On the things I witnessed - "I saw" I did actually hear Stan beg Lisa not to go gamble (thats the only two things I know, the fights, loud screaming and busting up of "stuff" and the comments about the gambling)- so the rumors I HEARD that both victims were compulsive gamblers and had a drug problem sounds like it had merit?//?

If the man worked double shifts most of the time and the people he lived with didn't work yet money was gone and no bills paid which the bankruptcy obviously proved - I'm sure he was distraught with his life. I'm the first one to say HE SHOULD HAVE JUST LEFT !!!!!! In no way have I ever said HE SHOULD HAVE HURT THEM - only that if he did, perhaps he snapped !!!

It will be up to a jury to decide. Anybody who would lose members of a family in this horrible way would be angry, full of hate and want revenge I'm sure. Until anyone walks a mile in their shoes, we won't know how we'd feel. I am sorry if any of the family hate me for things I saw and heard and "felt". The family has never done anything to me and I didn't vent out of pettiness - it just hit home hard in the small little hollow of the horrible deaths of those two. I didn't even stop to think that I was SENDING INFORMATION for millions to read - I figured it was a very local thing and not too many people would even read it.

Statistics have been printed about WVa and the horrible consequences of drug addiction and gambling woes. I just feel that was more the problem than a domestic situation. So here was all the elements of disaster - DRUGS, MONEY PROBLEMS, GAMBLING and a head of the house who evidently worked hard to bring money into the home.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

104 Users are viewing the Charleston Forum right now

Search the Charleston Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 min fitness-guru 44,100
2nd shooting of the day on the WestSide 16 min But hey 10
voter registration 20 min Old Lady 1
Bigotpallooza 24 min fannie 52
Where can I buy dope in Charleston (Mar '13) 1 hr that guy 79
WV 2 dead in explosion at W.Va. chemical plant (Dec '10) 1 hr jimmy love found raped 3,909
Plants frees dangerous criminal 1 hr CHAD 9
Questions for the real TPB 5 hr TPB 34
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE