DUH

Charleston, WV

#61 Nov 3, 2013
human wrote:
<quoted text>Plenty of people lose their jobs and have to go on food stamps after they have kids. You know that. Don't be such a simpleton just to try to win an argument. Plenty of people need and use food stamps legitimately. You Republicans just have to say dumb things like "they all do it" in order to try to win illogical arguments. You're like children. Things aren't as simple as you try to make it. I know you need things to be simple to understand them, but that's not the way life is and if not for the grace of God, you could be the one in a situation where you need help and the compassion of your fellow man. Don't tempt Him with your cold-hearted attitude or you may be sorry.
You have never had to deal with these leaches like I have. Go down to the welfare office and see the rude, demanding, lazy, drunk,drugged POS that would rather stand in that line than get a job! They have a guard and panic buzzers in each room to protect the workers form those Poor food stamp receiving POS who will yell, scream and bitch at the very people who are there trying to help them. Take your ass down there and work on the front line then you can preach.
human

Hurricane, WV

#62 Nov 3, 2013
I simply believe in what the Dems stand for. I don't vote a straight ticket by checking the top of the ballot, but I do usually vote for all Dems. Why would I vote for a Republican when none of them stand for what I stand for. I don't have a problem with Republicans voting straight tickets. Basically all Dems stand for most of the same things unless they are DINOs and all Repubs stand for most of the same things. Why would you vote for someone who doesn't stand for what you do?
human

Hurricane, WV

#63 Nov 3, 2013
DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never had to deal with these leaches like I have. Go down to the welfare office and see the rude, demanding, lazy, drunk,drugged POS that would rather stand in that line than get a job! They have a guard and panic buzzers in each room to protect the workers form those Poor food stamp receiving POS who will yell, scream and bitch at the very people who are there trying to help them. Take your ass down there and work on the front line then you can preach.
Well actually I have dealt with these folks. I used to run a Christian non-profit, all of whose programs dealt with helping low-income people. I know that many people in those situations are like you describe above and on the surface, I don't like that behavior. It's just that we don't know what is in peoples backgrounds that has made them the people they are. If not for the grace of God, you and I could have been born into situations where we were brought up to behave that way. That doesn't mean that some can't overcome that, but some can't and if you were raised where that way of living was normal, then it would certainly be harder to overcome. No one is a POS in God's eyes. There's a saying in the Journalism field that it's not news when the airplane lands safely. I say that because the people who behave as you described are the ones that get the attention--not the ones that legitimately deserve and use public assistance. And, finally, since you Republicans are always telling welfare recipients to get a job like it's the easiest thing in the world, you should take the same advice you dole out and get another job if you don't like the situations you describe above. Take some responsibility for your life. Except that it's not that easy, is it?
DUH

Charleston, WV

#64 Nov 3, 2013
human wrote:
<quoted text>Well actually I have dealt with these folks. I used to run a Christian non-profit, all of whose programs dealt with helping low-income people. I know that many people in those situations are like you describe above and on the surface, I don't like that behavior. It's just that we don't know what is in peoples backgrounds that has made them the people they are. If not for the grace of God, you and I could have been born into situations where we were brought up to behave that way. That doesn't mean that some can't overcome that, but some can't and if you were raised where that way of living was normal, then it would certainly be harder to overcome. No one is a POS in God's eyes. There's a saying in the Journalism field that it's not news when the airplane lands safely. I say that because the people who behave as you described are the ones that get the attention--not the ones that legitimately deserve and use public assistance. And, finally, since you Republicans are always telling welfare recipients to get a job like it's the easiest thing in the world, you should take the same advice you dole out and get another job if you don't like the situations you describe above. Take some responsibility for your life. Except that it's not that easy, is it?
Already have another job and you are wrong it's very easy to get one if you put forth the effort. You say you are Christian but spew out insults like a sailor. Have you ever heard of separation of Church and State? Tell those who live off the tax payers money to take responsibility for their life so I don't have to! Get off you soap box and give them your money but I work hard for mine and want to keep it so you will never see my kids in the welfare line. You want to help so bad ?...what have you done? I am sure you could find someone in the welfare line that would take a car from you but I bet they will want you to put insurance on it...oh I forgot welfare pays for their insurance and gives them free cars, Maybe you could buy them a couch ...oh forgot again welfare does that, how about paying for their DUI class... Oh forgot welfare pays for that too, how about paying their utility bills every month ..oh forgot welfare does that... how about getting a cell phone so they can make their drug calls....oh forgot Obama does that... how about buying them a laptop...oh forgot welfare does that... Oh well getting a headache trying to find something you could give that welfare doesn't already give them!
human

Hurricane, WV

#65 Nov 3, 2013
DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
Already have another job and you are wrong it's very easy to get one if you put forth the effort. You say you are Christian but spew out insults like a sailor. Have you ever heard of separation of Church and State? Tell those who live off the tax payers money to take responsibility for their life so I don't have to! Get off you soap box and give them your money but I work hard for mine and want to keep it so you will never see my kids in the welfare line. You want to help so bad ?...what have you done? I am sure you could find someone in the welfare line that would take a car from you but I bet they will want you to put insurance on it...oh I forgot welfare pays for their insurance and gives them free cars, Maybe you could buy them a couch ...oh forgot again welfare does that, how about paying for their DUI class... Oh forgot welfare pays for that too, how about paying their utility bills every month ..oh forgot welfare does that... how about getting a cell phone so they can make their drug calls....oh forgot Obama does that... how about buying them a laptop...oh forgot welfare does that... Oh well getting a headache trying to find something you could give that welfare doesn't already give them!
So is that a life you're jealous of--that you wish you had?
human

Hurricane, WV

#66 Nov 3, 2013
DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW. What insults did I spew?
wow

Charleston, WV

#67 Nov 3, 2013
Blah blah blah! Get over it regardless if everyone in the nation was working there will still be people on welfare. Its called poverty its been happening sincethe beginning of time. There are people who work and pay taxes and still receive foodnstamps. The cost of living is too high to make it on a minimum wage job.
rightman

Charleston, WV

#68 Nov 3, 2013
Bertha: have your cable taken out and you would have more money for food, That would be somewhere between 54.00 to 117.00 a month more for food. You should be thinking about feeding your children , not watching tv.
WTF

Charleston, WV

#69 Nov 3, 2013
wow wrote:
Blah blah blah! Get over it regardless if everyone in the nation was working there will still be people on welfare. Its called poverty its been happening sincethe beginning of time. There are people who work and pay taxes and still receive foodnstamps. The cost of living is too high to make it on a minimum wage job.
Then they shouldn't have a pile of kids until they can afford them!
WTF

Charleston, WV

#70 Nov 3, 2013
human wrote:
<quoted text>BTW. What insults did I spew?
You are calling people unintelligent for one. Acting like you opinion is the only one that matters!
WTF

Charleston, WV

#71 Nov 3, 2013
human wrote:
<quoted text>So is that a life you're jealous of--that you wish you had?
I think his point is that he is pissed that his tax payers money is going to support people who are able to work but don't, able to support themselves but don't, able to use condoms but dont, I. Know I am pissed about it too.
Wes

Charlottesville, VA

#72 Nov 3, 2013
wow wrote:
Then you need to get two minimum wage jobs as I have done and worked 7 days a week for yrs. as I have done. I'm not on food stamps and the govt. doesn't give me phone. Sell your computer and buy some cheap McDonalds cheesburgers with the money. Quit trying to Bull shytte me. Can't doesn't accomplish one thing.
WTF

Charleston, WV

#73 Nov 3, 2013
Human: I have read all your rants and just so you know I am a Dem. And you don't speak for me so please refrain from using the term "we Dem's" because I won't no part of your attack!
Bertha

Charleston, WV

#74 Nov 4, 2013
rightman wrote:
Bertha: have your cable taken out and you would have more money for food, That would be somewhere between 54.00 to 117.00 a month more for food. You should be thinking about feeding your children , not watching tv.
Are u dumb? I never said anything about watching tv
1 post removed
Well...

Pittsburgh, PA

#76 Nov 4, 2013
Observation wrote:
[QUOTE who="Well..."]<qu oted text>
Well then, what exactly is your take on a family with two working adults and a small child who need food stamps to supplement what they can't afford? That's a real situation, it's my situation. We buy $100 a month in food because that's all we can afford and that doesn't even begin to feed two adults and a growing boy. We use food stamps to help us survive. We have jobs, we don't get welfare or whatever we just do the best we can. Before you think everyone who gets help is selling them for drugs or buying junk food constantly, you are mistaken. There are many good, hardworking people that just need help. "

Sounds like if you didn't pay for the internet and/or cell phone plan are you using to access this website, you would have more money for food.
I actually do not pay for internet service. My mother provides me with a data plan to use the internet, my phone, has been a Christmas present for the last 3 years.
Well...

Pittsburgh, PA

#77 Nov 4, 2013
FYI wrote:
[QUOTE who="Well..."]<qu oted text>
Well then, what exactly is your take on a family with two working adults and a small child who need food stamps to supplement what they can't afford? That's a real situation, it's my situation. We buy $100 a month in food because that's all we can afford and that doesn't even begin to feed two adults and a growing boy. We use food stamps to help us survive. We have jobs, we don't get welfare or whatever we just do the best we can. Before you think everyone who gets help is selling them for drugs or buying junk food constantly, you are mistaken. There are many good, hardworking people that just need help. "

Then turn off your cable, your Internet, your cell phone, get a cheaper car and live like most of us had to until you can afford the extras!
Also, we have no car and travel by bus.
Well...

Pittsburgh, PA

#78 Nov 4, 2013
I really am amazed at most of you. I don't "pop" out children, I have one. Again WE HAVE JOBS we DON'T HAVE CABLE. You are a bunch of selfish worthless people who think me and my family are just sitting here enjoying cable and internet and a smartphone when none of that is the case. We have free phones because we can't have a cell phone plan because *wait for it* WE CAN'T AFFORD IT. Is no one entitled to help? Can no one be deserving of a helping hand? Seriously, jackasses wake up and get out of your tiny little box you live in. Oh and mind you, we also pay our own rent, every single month.
seriously

Tampa, FL

#79 Nov 4, 2013
[QUOTE who="Well..."]I really am amazed at most of you. I don't "pop" out children, I have one. Again WE HAVE JOBS we DON'T HAVE CABLE. You are a bunch of selfish worthless people who think me and my family are just sitting here enjoying cable and internet and a smartphone when none of that is the case. We have free phones because we can't have a cell phone plan because *wait for it* WE CAN'T AFFORD IT. Is no one entitled to help? Can no one be deserving of a helping hand? Seriously, jackasses wake up and get out of your tiny little box you live in. Oh and mind you, we also pay our own rent, every single month.[/QUOTE]
you receive food stamps so clearly you aren't going to understand why those of us who work and have always worked are pissed. we pay into it but can't use it. I am a single mother and I have never been given a dime of assistance. I do everything by myself. and not everyone abuses the system but most do. my own cousin sells her find stamps to buy heroin. I've reported her to the dhhr as have many family members and guess what... she still gets them. it's a crying shame that people who won't work get them and won't even feed their kids but people who work and would buy groceries are told no. I struggle so it's not funny to me
creeker

Charleston, WV

#80 Nov 4, 2013
human wrote:
<quoted text>There are plenty of people who are doing okay or even are wealthy and care about the poor. I'm not wealthy, but I have been blessed with enough financially to take care of my family, so instead of being mad that I don't have more, I show God my thanks by advocating for the poor like He tells us to do in the Bible. Maybe if you'd like God into your life, you'd be more satisfied with what you have and less angry at those that you think cheat the system. I wouldn't think you'd want to trade your life with their's, but you gripe about them like you're jealous of them.
At one time early in life, I too worked two jobs - even walked far to catch a bus to work, etc.- had no telephone in the house, etc. Now I'm retired and have all my bills paid off BUT - from a young child to now, when I personally seen or knew people who were having a rough time I bought their children clothes - took food into their homes, gave a little cash now and then. Just followed my heart. I don't give to charities - I look the people in the eyes I help and see their tearful eyes and hear their thank you's and KNOW they are not druggies or drunks that I have helped. Now on the street smetimes I've given my lunch, the coat off my back and a little change not really knowing if the person needed it for good things, but It's better to take a chance at times than to turn your head away from a needy person.
Ted

Charlottesville, VA

#81 Nov 4, 2013
WTF wrote:
Human: I have read all your rants and just so you know I am a Dem. And you don't speak for me so please refrain from using the term "we Dem's" because I won't no part of your attack!
You will if he says so. What are you going to do Shytte in your depends??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Salvation Army is BUSTED 54 min Sal Army supporter 11
Quarry Creek Thread 58 min Batman 7
Mohawk aka "rat" 1 hr lisa 1
Black Lives Matter 1 hr Bullconner 13
Blacks and their Jordans 2 hr GTFO here 5
Whatever happened to Billy Vickers ? 3 hr Steven 7
doh 3 hr nemesis 1
Charleston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web