can i sue the army national guard?

can i sue the army national guard?

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Winfield, WV

#1 Dec 15, 2012
Does anyone have any laws pertaining to them. Regulations?

Charleston, WV

#2 Dec 15, 2012
what are you suing them for?

Troy, VA

#3 Dec 15, 2012
You can't sue the Govt. without permission from a Federal Jdge. Basically NO.

Troy, VA

#4 Dec 15, 2012
CREEKER wrote:
what are you suing them for?
Ole He was probably too ugly to enlist.

Winfield, WV

#5 Dec 15, 2012
No I'm Enlisted. Suing for prejudice and them Being biased toward me. Withholding pay for no reason and withholding information.

Martinsburg, WV

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Dude must a got caught with another dude.
the truth

Charleston, WV

#7 Dec 17, 2012
its the armed services dumbass. you kissed most of your rights goodbye when you signed the contract. You gonna sue them the first time they put you on bread and water to? You should have at least joined the marine reserves. Teach you how to be a man and not complain and think your NCO's are out to get you
watch out

Lubbock, TX

#8 Dec 17, 2012
jed wrote:
No I'm Enlisted. Suing for prejudice and them Being biased toward me. Withholding pay for no reason and withholding information.
It's called "The Chain of Command", and it's in place for a reason. Go to the commanding officer of the individual you believe is doing you wrong, if you don't get results go to THAT person's commanding officer.

You can't just obtain a (civilian) attorney & sue the National Guard because you don't like the way you're being treated.

You don't get a say in the way you're treated once you enlist, at least that's how it was when I was enlisted.
Rangers Rule

Martinsburg, WV

#9 Dec 17, 2012
the truth
Why tell him he should have joined the Marine reserves when you know he already has gay issues? Dude the Marines will only add to his problems. They're the only branch that encourages it.
Sempa fi that!!!
Skunk holler bill

Troy, VA

#10 Dec 17, 2012
Skunk holler bill

Troy, VA

#11 Dec 17, 2012
You only have a right to bend over in your foxhole. Obama gave you that right. You can kiss and tell too.

Sanford, NC

#12 Dec 17, 2012
You gave up your right to sue the government when you signed the contract. If you truly feel you are being done wrong, then file an IG complaint. If you feel it is racial bias then go to your EO representative. Before you do any of the above, use your chain of command. If its your team leader being bias, talk to your squad leader or plt sgt. They can not fix something if they do not know about it.

Nettie, WV

#13 Dec 17, 2012
I'm an E6 with 8 years active duty with 82nd and a 11B MOS. not some damn pouge private. And I sure the hell no a marine. Gays in the military? Marines were the ones pushing for it. Look at the media. I guess that's why they call u all seamen. Anyways I joined a guard unit and I have no legal experience. I'm white and married. I don't feel that they are profiling me. But man the unit is screwed up. They keep "losing" my stuff and I see guys benefit ahead of me because they all know eachother personally and have hung out for years. Like I see commanders bsing with privates and such. It's bs man.

Masontown, PA

#14 Dec 18, 2012

Free-Dumb is a Dumb Word

Yes you can sue Nationa Guard and they been sued before?

Lynn Haven, FL

#15 Feb 9, 2014
The post is two years old, but just in case it's still a problem Jed, what you're referring to is the Good Ol Boys Club, and it's common in Guard and Reserve units, mainly due to two things, Soldiers spending their entire career in the same unit, growing up with "friends" and more importantly LAX part-time mentality leadership. They for the most part don't know Big Army, and don't run like Big Army. Plainly speaking, you're not one of the Cool Kids.

As for suing them, not about this. Yes there are times such as when they've jacked up your official record, and you've sustained monetary loss because of it you can sue in the Court of Federal Claims, but that's a last resort for special reasons, and generally wouldn't help you.

You are better taking it up your chain of command. Talk to the 1SG, but be prepared for him to be defensive about "his" unit. The good news is the CO and 1SG rotate every couple of years, and unless their homegrown you may have fresh eyes on the problem. If the 1SG and CO blow you off, take it to BN, take it to the IG, and if it's a violation of the regulations themselves take it to JAG. Remember that even State is full of Good Ol Boys, so be professional and persistent. When the State has failed, take it to both State and Federal Congress and Representitives, and to the Governor's Office. If they still don't help take it to the media, local and national.

But here's the thing, you will never be forgiven, so make sure its something that's important enough to fight, and you're on the right side of whatever you argument is. Then give them hell Brother.

Staff Sergeant, US.Army, Combat Infantry Sniper, multiple tours
Po google

Chesapeake, VA

#16 Feb 9, 2014
jed wrote:
Does anyone have any laws pertaining to them. Regulations?
You live in a free Country! You may sue any one, any body , any time you want. But you may lose your case any time you try. Hope I have answered your question. You will find that Topix is the place for all your answers, better than google.
injured and homeless

Deland, FL

#17 May 12, 2015
I was injured in the line of duty and the national guard only acknowledged it after an congressional inquiry now its been 28 months and they still won't give me my incapacitation pay or send me to a doctor for help. So after presenting enough evidence to hide a 5 ton behind there no longer remains any good reason not to pay. if this was a workmans comp case I would win millions for this abuse. now I am another homeless vet God Bless America that wont take care of there own Soldiers
2 posts removed
Sgt Carter

Philadelphia, PA

#20 May 12, 2015
The Army a National Huard oughtta be sued for letting you join.
3 posts removed

Silver Spring, MD

#24 Mar 3, 2016
First, You absolutely can sue the Military. Anyone with a computer can Google the numerous cases on this. There are strict rules on timelines and reasons on this topic. Discrimination, mistreatment, and wrongful termination are some examples. Ignore the posts from people insulting you and posting uneducated responses. There are so many Soldiers who have been removed from Active Duty during medical treatment and with conditions that necessitate continued treatment. Do your research and find a lawyer. There is a reason I.G. is there and your Congress representative can help. You signed your contract on what you are obligated to do and to serve, however contracts work both ways and you have rights. Do your research, but don't waste yours or anyone else's time simply or you were yelled at or disciplined for not doing the right thing or being a POG Soldier.

Philadelphia, PA

#25 Mar 3, 2016
Can you? I don't know. But these guys do you can ask an attorney for as little as $17

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mountaineer Auctions in Clendenin 3 hr AlumCreeker 20
Puppymill dogs and the flood 3 hr In the know 8
Lawyers - Explain this please 3 hr Dirty fingers in ... 6
Walking path by the Kanawha river 3 hr Edgar 15
Health Right on the west 7 hr Ridiculous 1
Andrew Palmer scamming flood victims 8 hr carol 3
Most beautiful news lady 10 hr Seriously 32

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages