First Prev
of 2
Next Last
smiles

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Mar 16, 2013
I had to hire a lawyer and fight them for 2 yrs. My injury ended up alot worse due to the wait. And still to this day i will never be the same. My life changed and nobody cared. I ended up homeless and was lucky if i ate 2 times a week. I understand people are svammers BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ONES THAT ARENT?
x-WCemp

Charleston, WV

#22 Mar 17, 2013
All injured workers who can't work, need to apply for SSI, FOOD STAMPS, etc. until they can settle their WC case. You are allowed to own a home/car - just not have a lot of cash, savings, etc. to qualify when disabled. Don't lose all you have while waiting.

Heresay? How about common sense. You are hurt, you are in pain - your employer has insurance on you - YOU SHOULD GET HELP? hmmm. Your employer, Brickstreet (any insurance company) neither want you to win and most attorneys will only take slam dunk cases so you are on your own.
funnieee

Charleston, WV

#23 Mar 28, 2013
Federal prosecutors said Thursday that 52-year-old Brickstreet Insurance auditor Arville Sargent pleaded guilty to mail fraud and tax evasion.

Above in newspaper today 3/28/13 - shows you fraud happens even in the "wonderful world of oz - known as Brickstreet aka WV WC Fund"
MrsSmith

Beckley, WV

#24 Mar 28, 2013
I know wrote:
Brickstreet is a top notch company that have excellent employees that strive to give their customer the best care and protection available. They care about the community and the state and will give back when possible.
But in Wv they did make major big time money , by being paid huge sums of money by companies in Wv to negotiate and determine justifed compensation money & medical claims . To select physcians & health care facilities and providers to provide care for these individuals . Or as my husband says , Their only there to beat the real working people out of what is their right , and to keep the companies making money and forget the workers issues , and I agree Just a company that made big money from taking ours.
funnieee

Charleston, WV

#25 Mar 28, 2013
MsSmith

Absolutely, they got interest free loan from OLD WC,paid it back quick as they got rich instantly by denying, denying, denying injured workers. They
constantly touted how "crooked state WC run system was" - and now it was found in their own house - and we all know the employer and insurance company does not want to pay any benefits and most attys now work for Brickstreet in this state as they get paid more.

It's a no win situation for the injured worker.
I care

Bluefield, WV

#26 Mar 30, 2013
To Mskamish:

I through went you hire a lawyer he told you what you are entitle to. One lawyer told me you are entitle to a grat deal of money. then several month later after talk to the company he work for he quick the case . I had two differ law firm to do the same thing. The first miss about 12 hearing out of 14 hearing. WC was going to close the case because did not show for the hearing nor noifty them why not. In this honest has paid a dime worth that is to say 8,ooo for 30+years cancer,heart attach,backoperation,nerve damage brain damage,blood clots , pain and sufering drug bills,liver damage 2 stomach operation over 25times in hospital. Place yourself here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oakwood Apt FLOP-HOUSE/Melissa Perrelly (May '15) 5 min Pittie 5
campbells creek druggies and thieves 23 min DisasterArea 44
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr Easy 4,397
there is no god, no heaven, but there is a HELL 2 hr KINGkrapo 1
Jillian Bowen (Jan '12) 4 hr Dude 10
Risk OfCardiac Stents vs.By-Pass Heart Sugery 4 hr Public Health 1
Kanawha Library doesn't like Homeless people 6 hr WoW 17

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance