First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I Care

Bluefield, WV

#1 Mar 8, 2013
How did brickstreet accumulate so much money to donate to WVU? Was it through denied workers their Worker Comp. and full benefits thet were due?
I know

Charleston, WV

#2 Mar 8, 2013
Brickstreet is a top notch company that have excellent employees that strive to give their customer the best care and protection available. They care about the community and the state and will give back when possible.
what about the auditor

United States

#3 Mar 8, 2013
I know wrote:
Brickstreet is a top notch company that have excellent employees that strive to give their customer the best care and protection available. They care about the community and the state and will give back when possible.
the one that just got arrested from taking money form coal operators to cook the books???
I know

Charleston, WV

#4 Mar 8, 2013
There's a bad apple in every bushel. Banks, law offices, government, CPA firms, car dealerships, department stores, and yes even insurance agencies have a bad seed on occasions.
Badbusiness

Danville, WV

#5 Mar 8, 2013
First hand experience. Son got hurt on job. Brickstreet has treated very poorly along with employer. Seriously considering hiring lawyer. Cannot believe how they have handled the situation.
Bunch of crooks.
Fact of the matter is

Charleston, WV

#6 Mar 8, 2013
Your boy probably is faking his injury. One could get by with that back in the day when it was run by the state, but now that a real company has the controls it's different.
REAL fact of the matter

Charleston, WV

#7 Mar 8, 2013
Brickstreet works for employers NOT employees. Fact is a lot of people don't realize they are dealing with the devil when they are trying to get their benefits that are due them for workplace injuries. Not everyone is faking but they look at every case as if they are.
People

Huntington, WV

#8 Mar 8, 2013
Well people sucked the system dry for to long there are people that built there house out of workers comp they were ease and let people get a way with everything. Nows a different story no more fake back acks no more money people lol
John Q Tax Payer

Charleston, WV

#9 Mar 8, 2013
Ditto! Brickstreet put an end to the scam artists! I am sure there may be a few who will get through the cracks, but not many.

Brickstreet has been nothing less than a Godsend to the honest hard working tax payers of this state.
truth

Charleston, WV

#10 Mar 9, 2013
People wrote:
Well people sucked the system dry for to long there are people that built there house out of workers comp they were ease and let people get a way with everything. Nows a different story no more fake back acks no more money people lol
claimant fraud was a VERY SMALL PART of WC going under. Big coal companies owed millions and were given an "amnesty" deal to pay WC pennies on each dollar owed. Physicians over billed and gave sparse exams and was on side OF WHICHEVER was paying them.

Most of the attorneys who used to represent claimants now ARE ON BRICKSTREET's payroll. And taxpayers did give MILLIONS in an interest free loan for them to become millionaires - as they STRIVE to deny every claim no matter how valid it is. Also Politicians gave high paying director jobs to buddies who did nothing but go on free VACATIONS called , them work seminars - also they were allowed to work what hours they wanted without chargeing time off - Yes WC was crooked - but 80% was not the claimant's fault.

That money they "gave away" is money that should have went to workers who cannot work nor get help from Brickstreet!!!! Besides that when they took it over - Burton had meetings with staff and swore nobody would lose their jobs? Several got fired, some demoted and BURTON's buddies given hgh paying jobs. Insurance Commission took part of the Legal staff but turned down about four attorneys who ended up without jobs and then found a way to fire one. They did lose in a lawsuit on one in which they fired an attorney who took them to court. Insurance Commission is in on the crooked deals with Brickstreet. And they take lifetime disabiity awards from claimants also WRONGLY - they are a huge force in WV and hard to beat!!!!
I Care

Bluefield, WV

#11 Mar 12, 2013
I been trying to get WC for over 30 Yrs ,and they change my claim number so mant times they don't know what they are doing.
I have call about been reinburse and sent in bill and can get no result. The last time i talk to a lawyer that i had hire in 1999 about not been paid i was told don't worry every taking care of. My opion every one involue in this case has benefited in so way. All i have benefit from is my family has had to suffer ,my daughter had to work her way thru college due to me been disable from working 12yrs in toxic chemcil. I could afford to do thing with my family due to sickness.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#12 Mar 12, 2013
They may have changed your Claim Manager, but a Claim Number? Unless you were shifted to a different provider, like to Sedgewick, that seems unrealistic. They have to be able to track a claim thru time, so they need to keep the Claim Numbers consistant for an incident or for EACH Claim. Some people have more than one.

As for people not getting what they THINK they maybe entitiled to; It's like that with ANY Insurance product. People think they may be ENTITLED to something that they simply are not. There are qualifiers for everything. I know of VERY FEW ATTORNEYs that would pass up truly viable claim awards they could cash in on. Something may be amiss with your claim that disqualifies your benefits, at least at this point...30 years? Even a company that was bankrupt, benefits would pay from the Uninsured Fund. This just seems odd to me.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#13 Mar 12, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
claimant fraud was a VERY SMALL PART of WC going under. Big coal companies owed millions and were given an "amnesty" deal to pay WC pennies on each dollar owed. Physicians over billed and gave sparse exams and was on side OF WHICHEVER was paying them.
Most of the attorneys who used to represent claimants now ARE ON BRICKSTREET's payroll. And taxpayers did give MILLIONS in an interest free loan for them to become millionaires - as they STRIVE to deny every claim no matter how valid it is. Also Politicians gave high paying director jobs to buddies who did nothing but go on free VACATIONS called , them work seminars - also they were allowed to work what hours they wanted without chargeing time off - Yes WC was crooked - but 80% was not the claimant's fault.
That money they "gave away" is money that should have went to workers who cannot work nor get help from Brickstreet!!!! Besides that when they took it over - Burton had meetings with staff and swore nobody would lose their jobs? Several got fired, some demoted and BURTON's buddies given hgh paying jobs. Insurance Commission took part of the Legal staff but turned down about four attorneys who ended up without jobs and then found a way to fire one. They did lose in a lawsuit on one in which they fired an attorney who took them to court. Insurance Commission is in on the crooked deals with Brickstreet. And they take lifetime disabiity awards from claimants also WRONGLY - they are a huge force in WV and hard to beat!!!!
There is NO SUCH THING as a LIFETIME Disability Award. EVERY Claimant continuing on benefits goes to Social Security automatically at 65.
ouch

Charleston, WV

#14 Mar 12, 2013
Of course THRERE WAS AT ONE TIME lifetime disability benefits from WC injuries - when SS time came, the SS given was enough to give them what THEY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN from SS alone - no, wc wasn't let off the hook.

UNTIL PAST ten-fifteen years. At one point Brickstreet, simply went and and stopped LIFETIME disability awards to the widows when their deceased hubby would have turned 65 and Manchin stopped that. We all know widows SS on their husband's record is not much.

Insurance is about MONEY - always was always will.- they want your money bad, but don't wanna pay out a dime. I had an UNSEEN water leak under my house and several days from the time I discovered it, and contacted insurance, the damages were not covered because it had been X number of days according to the the time it appeared damage occurred - and it had not been reported.(Allstate did that). Did not matter that I was an elderly woman living alone with nobody to help me either - I had no clue about a leak until water bill slowly raised monthly and finally the HISS from escaping water could be heard in the house!!! Insurance is set up to NOT PAY if at all possible - and they know all the tricks.

As for different claim no's at WC/brickstreet- each new injury is assigned a new number unless it is a reoccurence of an old one. And attorneys in WV know Brickstreet would be one STRONG COMPANY to go up against, so yes they'd turn down claimant's if it was not going to be a slam DUNK - just like with SS, they know who can get it or not when they interview the individual..
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#15 Mar 13, 2013
The WV Code for the Governance of Workers' Compensation Benefits, applicable to ANY Insurer, employer or employee not ONLY in relation to Brickstreet, is available on line:

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/WVCODE/Chapter 23
ouch

Charleston, WV

#16 Mar 13, 2013
I keep getting server area on the chapter 23 code.

So when was the code effective - before or after Brickstreet - or people selecting other companies for WC coverage for empoyees. There was a "slush" fund for use for total disability if employer was bankrupt also. So many attorneys took cases in which the Last company the disabled person worked for only paid minimal on the pension - THE REST ate up the slush fund. Of course the "minimal" employer made agreement's with claimant's attorneys to not fight the case AND AGE was supposed to protect it - anyway the SLUSH fund went broke from "collussion" between parties knowingly...

At one point WC totally was mandatory unless empoyer's were self insured which they had to put up a bond for that purpose to show good faith. When a person is disabled under SS, they are not placed on the old age retiree plan til they are 65, 66, 67 or so and now they are trying to change the age to age 70 to be defined as such. The old age retiree plan is only mandated to not decrease your disabled ss plan - so if lifetime disability from WC was more - what is the code for SS then to not decrease income?
ouch

Charleston, WV

#17 Mar 13, 2013
Meant AG (attorney general) instead of AGE
I care

Bluefield, WV

#18 Mar 14, 2013
I'm under the old Wc i have all my records from 1982 to present. My claim no has been change serval time and i have all thr prove and i had 5 differn lawyer on this case and no one has told me what i'm entitle to but they told me e very thing i'm not entitle to. If Mskamiwsh would like to see the prove i will meet you in charleston at his appoint time. I believe this may have done on purpose. I like your reply.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#19 Mar 15, 2013
I care wrote:
I'm under the old Wc i have all my records from 1982 to present. My claim no has been change serval time and i have all thr prove and i had 5 differn lawyer on this case and no one has told me what i'm entitle to but they told me e very thing i'm not entitle to. If Mskamiwsh would like to see the prove i will meet you in charleston at his appoint time. I believe this may have done on purpose. I like your reply.
One thing I have learned in working in the Insurance Industry and with WComp, Policies and Regulations Change; Benefit Rates and Services offered do as well. If you have had 5 different attorneys working your case, and NO one has explained the process to your satisfaction, that indicates to me that somewhere you may have thought some things were available to you that simply are not. Especially prior to the switch to privitization, it is hard for me to understand why someone, would pick you of all the people in the world, with your case, selectively CHOOSE not to deliver services that are required under WV Code. I am not saying that didn't happen, but I have often people explained the rules to people that have an expectation of coverages that simply aren't true, with the misunderstanding coming from simply hearsay instead of facts.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#20 Mar 15, 2013
ouch wrote:
I keep getting server area on the chapter 23 code.
So when was the code effective - before or after Brickstreet - or people selecting other companies for WC coverage for empoyees. There was a "slush" fund for use for total disability if employer was bankrupt also. So many attorneys took cases in which the Last company the disabled person worked for only paid minimal on the pension - THE REST ate up the slush fund. Of course the "minimal" employer made agreement's with claimant's attorneys to not fight the case AND AGE was supposed to protect it - anyway the SLUSH fund went broke from "collussion" between parties knowingly...
At one point WC totally was mandatory unless empoyer's were self insured which they had to put up a bond for that purpose to show good faith. When a person is disabled under SS, they are not placed on the old age retiree plan til they are 65, 66, 67 or so and now they are trying to change the age to age 70 to be defined as such. The old age retiree plan is only mandated to not decrease your disabled ss plan - so if lifetime disability from WC was more - what is the code for SS then to not decrease income?
Sadly there is none, than I am aware of. People who are injured early in their careers suffer the most, because they often have the LEAST invested. Workers Compensation Coverage is Required by Federal Law, but governed by individual State Laws, just as Unemployment Insurance requirements, Department of Labor Regulations and such. But coverages can and do vary from State to State.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashton Medical Associates 1 hr Curious 3
Professional Hillbilly Panhandlers Targeted En ... 3 hr Hillbilly Panhand... 33
News Ridgeview pastor charged with sexually abusing ... (Oct '14) 3 hr 1O11OO 46
Those King Boys 3 hr 1O11OO 27
Tom Clark is a real person 3 hr Trishspradling MD 3
randy moss (Nov '14) 4 hr suddentoot 24
Hillary Nibert 4 hr Rachel 23
More from around the web

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]