Nearly 7,000 to lose jobless benefits

Nearly 7,000 to lose jobless benefits

There are 22 comments on the Weirton Daily Times story from Dec 24, 2013, titled Nearly 7,000 to lose jobless benefits. In it, Weirton Daily Times reports that:

The expiration of funding for long-term federal unemployment benefits will affect nearly 7,000 West Virginians who have been jobless for at least 26 weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Weirton Daily Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 29, 2013
Well at least they got theirs. The bastards cheated me out of 26 weeks.
Here ya

United States

#2 Dec 29, 2013
Paul Masley wrote:
I say you make all of them politicians take a pay cut they work what six weeks out of the year and we pay them and give them free health insurance. The American people are being had and robbed. REVOLUTION.
2 posts removed
The solution

Beckley, WV

#5 Dec 29, 2013
Maybe all these people should go out and get a job, plenty out there to be had..... Take what you can get.. This generation if frucked up and thinks they are entitled to everything
1 post removed

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#7 Dec 29, 2013
Ya know..When you are on Unemployment.. You have to CONTACT job sources.. AND if you are called for an interview.. YOU have to Go..

So, perhaps these Folks Messed their interviews on PURPOSE.. to Hold Out for their benefits to continue..

If a JOB is presented to YOU while on Unemployment.. GRAB IT!!
As IF

Washington, DC

#8 Dec 30, 2013
I know the unemployment numbers are lower now... but from what I see, it would still suck to look for a job right now. Things are still hard out there!

The good paying jobs for sure are hard to find.

There has to be a limit though... It's time to cut it off.
Victor Casserta

New York, NY

#9 Dec 30, 2013
There is not much opportunity in WV. People need to leave here if they can.
1 post removed
Thankful

Saint Albans, WV

#11 Dec 30, 2013
I am thankful for my husband who was recently laid-off from the coal mines not being one of those who are affected. My heart does go out to those who are affected. Although my husband only gets roughly 300.00/per week from unemployment - which isn't much. It's still something. This nation needs to change!!!!!
2 posts removed
lol

Beckley, WV

#14 Dec 31, 2013
If he gets as much on unemployment as he does when he works where is the inscentive to get a job?

There should be no such thing as unemployment. you should save your own money and keep a savings incase something happens.
1 post removed
tracy

Mckeesport, PA

#16 Dec 31, 2013
Thankful wrote:
I am thankful for my husband who was recently laid-off from the coal mines not being one of those who are affected. My heart does go out to those who are affected. Although my husband only gets roughly 300.00/per week from unemployment - which isn't much. It's still something. This nation needs to change!!!!!
Obama said he would shut down coal mining and West Virginia democrats voted for him to be President anyway. Blame them.
lug

Parkersburg, WV

#17 Dec 31, 2013
tracy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama said he would shut down coal mining and West Virginia democrats voted for him to be President anyway. Blame them.
BLAME SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!! JUST BLAME SOMEONE, PLEASE!!! THEN YOU'VE DONE EVERYTHING YOU CAN.
WVU

Huntington, WV

#18 Dec 31, 2013
tracy wrote:
<quoted text>
No Obama lost in West Virginia. Facts really hurt your argument you idiot.
1 post removed
Easyanswer

Beckley, WV

#20 Jan 4, 2014
If I was a state that didn't support the President that got in office, I would expect to get screwed daily from that president and deservingly so! If you didn't vote for me, I wouldn't give you shit :) Dumbass West Virginian's deserve everything they voted for. Sucks to be YOU :D

Bug Ridge

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#21 Jan 4, 2014
Easyanswer wrote:
If I was a state that didn't support the President that got in office, I would expect to get screwed daily from that president and deservingly so! If you didn't vote for me, I wouldn't give you shit :) Dumbass West Virginian's deserve everything they voted for. Sucks to be YOU :D
AMEN!
1 post removed
wah wah wah

Ridgeview, WV

#23 Jan 4, 2014
stop whining and get a job . plenty of help wanted signs in Charleston. that's what people did before the extended benefits law. time to get back to the real world. the big greenTit has dried up.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#24 Jan 4, 2014
Easier said than done..AS I said BEFORE!!

When on Unemployment.. YOU are required to Make Job Contacts.. AND if you are Lucky..You will get an interview..

IF ya screwed the interview UP on purpose..THINKING your benefits WILL be extended OR a Better job OFFER will come along..THEN you BASICALLY put your family at RISK!!

And..YOU are to BLAME!!

Folks get LAZY on Unemployment.. they lose their "CAN DO" altitude.. It's easier to just SETTLE for WHAT you are receiving..and LIVE WITH IT!!
1 post removed
White and Proud

Hockessin, DE

#26 Jan 4, 2014
Paul Masley wrote:
You were not "cheated", you were not "granted".

Unemployment is NOT an entitlement.
White and Proud

Hockessin, DE

#27 Jan 4, 2014
Colorado Chick wrote:
Easier said than done..AS I said BEFORE!!

When on Unemployment.. YOU are required to Make Job Contacts.. AND if you are Lucky..You will get an interview..

IF ya screwed the interview UP on purpose..THINKING your benefits WILL be extended OR a Better job OFFER will come along..THEN you BASICALLY put your family at RISK!!

And..YOU are to BLAME!!

Folks get LAZY on Unemployment.. they lose their "CAN DO" altitude.. It's easier to just SETTLE for WHAT you are receiving..and LIVE WITH IT!!
Typical lazy mentality
me

Hockessin, DE

#28 Jan 4, 2014
Sure seems like it is.
vic

Charleston, WV

#29 Jan 4, 2014
WVU wrote:
<quoted text>
No Obama lost in West Virginia. Facts really hurt your argument you idiot.
yeah he is shuting them down idiot' he also lost over 50 billion tax payers money' on his idiot solar engery plan' they took the money and run' dumbist ass we ever had in office obozo' bet thats the last blk kenya born person you will see in office' jive talker
Tin Foil

Hockessin, DE

#30 Jan 4, 2014
vic wrote:
<quoted text>yeah he is shuting them down idiot' he also lost over 50 billion tax payers money' on his idiot solar engery plan' they took the money and run' dumbist ass we ever had in office obozo' bet thats the last blk kenya born person you will see in office' jive talker
I hope him and the rest of the red coats go back to chimpville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fraud Andrew Palmer collecting donations for fl... 3 hr OhPlease 12
union mission south park corrupt (Jan '14) 3 hr OhPlease 7
Jason laduke (Feb '12) 4 hr MAKES ME SICK 10
Loving Me Some Pollocki 5 hr dumbblonde 1
we have a winner! 6 hr magicmike 1
Prescription Drug Addiction Solution Right Here 6 hr Frank Underwood 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 6 hr Hickabilly BR549 1,341
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages