Shooting at the Charleston Moose. Wha...

Shooting at the Charleston Moose. What gives?

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Moose heart

Charleston, WV

#1 Oct 4, 2013
Anybody got the skinny on what happened at the Moose last night? The news was sketchy saying only it was around 100 college age kids getting rowdy.

What are young teenagers doing drinking at the Moose in the first place?

What gives?
MEE

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Oct 4, 2013
HOOD RATS!!!!
One Nut

Charleston, WV

#3 Oct 4, 2013
Hood rats huh? Oh well hopefully the one who got shot took it in the balls and won't be able to reproduce. It'll save the tax payers untold thousands in the long run.
1 post removed
Moose heart

Charleston, WV

#5 Oct 4, 2013
The Moose will do anything for a buck. Nothing but low life thiefs work there.

Anyone ever have a doubt that the gambling inside isn't rigged? Anybody? Ah" the stories I could tell from back in the day. Bet it's all the same.

Those second chance drawings are nothing compared to the firat place drawings and so on.

Wink! Wink!
1 post removed
Frog Man

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Oct 4, 2013
If you don't like the Moose then stay the ""F"" out.
Frog Man

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Oct 4, 2013
Moose heart wrote:
The Moose will do anything for a buck. Nothing but low life thiefs work there.
Anyone ever have a doubt that the gambling inside isn't rigged? Anybody? Ah" the stories I could tell from back in the day. Bet it's all the same.
Those second chance drawings are nothing compared to the firat place drawings and so on.
Wink! Wink!
You would fit in much better at the NAACP meetings.
Moose heart

Charleston, WV

#9 Oct 4, 2013
I do stay out I haven't been in so long I can't recall the last time. The women there behind the bar are all thiefs and the men are just there lap puppets (Frog man must be one of their puppets). Nasty ass skanks behind the bar. They'll steal pennies off a dead mans eyes and that's the truth.

Yes a man can go in there and find a HOE to spend the night with if he wants, but to have to put up with the two bit HOE's pouring the watered down drinks is just too much for this man.

The Moose is just a place where people go to get swindled. What a scam the Moose is.

My hand on the bible I just told the truth.
Tried

Faber, VA

#10 Oct 4, 2013
These kids should not have been in there drinking underage, Barry Wood has been letting to many non members min here. it's like he trying to show he is doing a better job,When in fact he's turning it into a downtown BAR.Is the ABC or whatever going to shut it down for them underage drinking?
Wilbur

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Oct 4, 2013
Moose heart wrote:
I do stay out I haven't been in so long I can't recall the last time. The women there behind the bar are all thiefs and the men are just there lap puppets (Frog man must be one of their puppets). Nasty ass skanks behind the bar. They'll steal pennies off a dead mans eyes and that's the truth.
Yes a man can go in there and find a HOE to spend the night with if he wants, but to have to put up with the two bit HOE's pouring the watered down drinks is just too much for this man.
The Moose is just a place where people go to get swindled. What a scam the Moose is.
My hand on the bible I just told the truth.
Your attitude about people with your hand on the bible will still send you to hell for lying. You just generalized every member as a liar or thief. What kind of person are you. Certainly not of a caliber I would associate with. Stay away from the Moose with your piss poor attitude. The reason they hire skanks as you call them is because they can deal with low life like you.
Hmmmm

Indiana, PA

#12 Oct 4, 2013
I can bet you this group had their own liqueur hidden in their purses etc. really don't think this establishment would serve underage kids! If these kids were running in and out to vehicles I guarantee that's how the drunkeness happened. Don't knock the place for trying to get new members and make it a better place. There is no where up this way to go anyway.
3 posts removed
Hmmmm

Lyndora, PA

#16 Oct 4, 2013
Proposed to a "west side hoe"?
tja

Charleston, WV

#17 Oct 4, 2013
Of all the places to go, the Moose is the best by far. Hopefully one day business will pick back up. Economy sucks everywhere.
Dwayne

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Oct 4, 2013
I have been a member of the Moose for several years. Not the one in Charleston. Never have I ever encounter any type of trouble. I usually go for Breakfast on Sat. and Sunday mornings and for dinner on Friday nights. Sometimes they have a good band. The food is good and the members offer help when someone is sick. The Moose riders (MC club has rides and donate money to the childrens home and several good charities. If you have a problem with being a good citizen I do hope you will find a membership somewhere other than the Moose Club. I try to follow the rules my father gave me. If you don't have something good to say keep your mouth shut. I do hope you don't take offense to my comments.
A Westsider For Life

Charleston, WV

#19 Oct 4, 2013
98.7 the BEAT was there hosting....everywhere they go crap like this happens, but it NEVER gets out that they were in attendance.....STOP PROMOTING THUGLIFE 98.7 THE BEAT.....YOU JUST THINK YOU GOT FLAVOR WOODROW WOODY....SERIOUSLY....YOU ARE FAT, SHORT AND GET NASTY UGLY CHIKKS......GO BACK TO INDIANA!!!

Stop all the gangsta wannabe crap!!!

Woody promotin the party on FB and Twitter, then another shooting....WOW!!!
Delbert

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Oct 4, 2013
A Westsider For Life wrote:
98.7 the BEAT was there hosting....everywhere they go crap like this happens, but it NEVER gets out that they were in attendance.....STOP PROMOTING THUGLIFE 98.7 THE BEAT.....YOU JUST THINK YOU GOT FLAVOR WOODROW WOODY....SERIOUSLY....YOU ARE FAT, SHORT AND GET NASTY UGLY CHIKKS......GO BACK TO INDIANA!!!
Stop all the gangsta wannabe crap!!!
Woody promotin the party on FB and Twitter, then another shooting....WOW!!!
Are you for real??
1 post removed
Luke

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Oct 5, 2013
Leon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!
Immature---------WOW!
2 posts removed
Anthony Weiner

Charlottesville, VA

#25 Oct 5, 2013
RealChick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well i haven't heard any gangsta rap coming from 98.7 the beat but if you don't like whats on the radio then buy a good CD off the internet or burn your own CD. Most of my friends buy their own CD's and make their own CD's but they mostly buy CD's off the internet, they never listen to any of the radio stations in WV. Most of the radio stations in WV play rock, country, gospel and the new R&B crap thats out, that's why me and most of my friends either buy our own CD's from a or make our own CD's.
""F"" music get a job.
Creeker

Cedar Grove, WV

#26 Oct 5, 2013
The Moose used to be an upscale restaurant and bar. When restrictions stopped on dress attire and allowed women to become members, then men and women from all over were signing people in and it turned into a regulr riff raff bar.

People from all over go to the college at Institute, some may be 21 as a senior (the age to drink) So anybody found out who the shooter was?
Anthony Weiner

Charlottesville, VA

#27 Oct 5, 2013
All new members have to be voted In. If you think someone shouldn't be in the Moose you should speak your peace. If there is a member below par you have a right to bring it to light with voting members. If not "" SHUT UP"".
NO SURPRISE

Capon Bridge, WV

#28 Oct 5, 2013
Does not surprise me there was a shooting. It really is messed up though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Live On the Levee 1 hr Honestly 1
How do you get a topix deleted? 2 hr Honestly 13
Where is the Justice? Hard to let it go! 8 hr burgerbob 32
Divorced dating 9 hr Honeysuckle 27
Most beautiful news lady 12 hr Honestly 22
Is The HCA of WV Doing Its Job? (Dec '15) 13 hr Politics 68
News Drug Addiction Epidemic Town Hall Meeting set f... 14 hr Politics 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages