Attorney for custody modification?

Attorney for custody modification?

Posted in the Charleston Forum

Desperate Mom

Cornelius, NC

#1 Apr 6, 2013
I am seeking help in modifying a court order ( Judge Montgomery) in which my ex has sole custody and I have no visitation.I live in NC and have been alienated from my son for 12 years! He is 15 now but has been poisoned against me by my ex but also his grandmother who works in the court system there in Kanawha County. They both have used intimidation tactics for years and even served the court papers years ago on my old business that had closed so the hearing took place without my knowledge.I have felt defenseless with no $ to fight them or court or even HOW to do it. But now that my son is 15, I would like a chance for him to decide to know me.
I know the family courts are so corrupt so I am seeking any info on attorneys that know this judge or would be able to help me with a modification, at least for visitation. Please help me. Anyone????
Info from a mom

Chesapeake, OH

#2 Apr 7, 2013
At the age of 14 a child in WV basically can say where they want to live and visit. No judge that I'm aware of will go against a 15 year olds wishes if they don't want to be around a parent. I'm sorry if your child has been brainwashed as this happens too often. If you moved to NC away from your son 12 years ago you did however alienate yourself. I would have stayed as close as possible and fought for rights, lawyer or not! As far as Montgomery he is a very fair judge and is interested in the best for the child. Hope this helps.
Desperate Mom

Cornelius, NC

#3 Apr 7, 2013
Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.No, the biggest mistake I made was trusting my ex's mother to "help" my ex and I with our son when he was first born. It was never supposed to be this way. I never lived in West Va but a brief time as that is where my ex is from. Long story but I never alienated him. They slowly made it impossible for me to see him using various tactics. She is an attorney in Charleston and I have always been up the river where that is concerned. I am hoping to find an attorney who has knowledge of parental alienation, as though my son stated he wanted to see me and my family, she has now brainwashed him into believing we are evil and dangerous. So without his desire to see me now ( since he is being heavily influenced by her) it will be hard for me to have any success! I want him to have the right help to guide him through this emotionally. This will effect him long term so horribly. I have made this known to them and they simply dont care about anything but being right. Thank you again for your advice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who shot who in Rand last night? 17 min Jamal 4
WVU Basketball 26 min Herd 91 5
Five Guys closes store location in Charleston 1 hr schloppy 11
Rump rangers 2 hr Fruitloop 21
News Ex-hotel employee gets prison for embezzlement 4 hr Bugaboo 1
Lost city of Atlantis found 4 hr Bugaboo 1
Negro's loitering at the Transit doing nothing. 5 hr Bugaboo 51

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages