No fight in it

Charleston, WV

#1 Jan 25, 2013
Wonder just who it is that make the choice or not if schools due to bad weather? They are closing all kanawha co schools 3 hours early due to expected bad weather. Well that is just about the time the roads are suppose to get bad. If I had kids in school I would call them and ask them why they don't let them out now to avoid the bad roads!!! And to inform them HERE'S YOUR SIGN
think a little

Chesapeake, OH

#2 Jan 25, 2013
3 hours early will be around 11:00... It takes time to get the bus drivers back to the schools and to arrange transport, plus the notice allows parents to make arrangements for the kids, and the snow is supposed to start this afternoon, they are trying to stay ahead of it...
Drug Test

Martinsburg, WV

#3 Jan 25, 2013
Ah" what I wouldn't do to go back in time and be a teacher. You work one day and off two. Come back and work another day and leave the next at noon. Before you know it it's spring break and summer break and Thanksgiving break and Christmas break and Iam sure there are other breaks I am forgetting.

You can smoke all the dope you want and NO testing

You can fail your students and still get rewarded

Oh I forgot about the every 4th friday you get off and sick days and.....

Techers are overpaid...and underworked

And can do all the illegal drugs they want!

Ah" to be a teacher in this State!
think a little

Chesapeake, OH

#4 Jan 25, 2013
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.....should check your facts before you post retarded idiotic things.......
No fight in it

Charleston, WV

#5 Jan 25, 2013
According to the radio snow is gonna start early morning. All the driver should be in by 10 am. They knew the weather was goin to get bad last night so why didn't they just close them to avoid the rush? Wait I will tell you it's all a money thing, but like I said I have know fight in it now, but I will tell you this, when I did the school board and bus garage new me by name for some of the stupid antics they pulled back then.
think a little

Chesapeake, OH

#6 Jan 25, 2013
WV ranks 39th in average teacher pay.

WV has a drug testing program in place for teachers and other other employees of the school system, and even allows testing for just a simple suspicion of use.

Teacher appraisals now hinge on the success of the kids that are teaching and have previously taught!!!
Underperforming teachers are up for disciplinary action and even released from duty

The school year is 180 days of instruction, how they break that up is set by the school system... Not the teacher.. btw they only get paid for those 180 days of education, not the entire year, incase you didn't know. So if there is a snow day or whatever, they have to make that day up later in the year
think a little

Chesapeake, OH

#7 Jan 25, 2013
It is 10:00 now? What is your definition of "early morning"?? Parents like yourself are what make it hard for educators to do their job..... If they knew you by name prior, then you should know who makes the decisions, and not complaining about it on Topix..
No fight in it wrote:
According to the radio snow is gonna start early morning. All the driver should be in by 10 am. They knew the weather was goin to get bad last night so why didn't they just close them to avoid the rush? Wait I will tell you it's all a money thing, but like I said I have know fight in it now, but I will tell you this, when I did the school board and bus garage new me by name for some of the stupid antics they pulled back then.
No fight in it

Charleston, WV

#8 Jan 25, 2013
Unless they just done that recently, they have no drug testing for teachers unless something is done to cause the need to be tested. And if teachers don't like what they do , easy fix, get another job or move! I have know teachers that spent there life teaching and not one of them went homeless or hungry that I know of. I could have left state and made better money for same job I was performing here, but I chose to stay and done the job the best of my ability
No fight in it

Charleston, WV

#9 Jan 25, 2013
think a little wrote:
It is 10:00 now? What is your definition of "early morning"?? Parents like yourself are what make it hard for educators to do their job..... If they knew you by name prior, then you should know who makes the decisions, and not complaining about it on Topix..
<quoted text>
,,, I have not had kids in school along time now,, and if the parents were more like me then ther would be changes made, and yes it is 10 and pouring the snow down!! Here your sign!!!
think a little

Chesapeake, OH

#10 Jan 25, 2013
All teachers are tested prior to being hired, and most counties employ random testing after hire, and anytime an administrator suspects a teacher is using, they can be tested... Average teacher pay is 35-40k a year not poverty, but not great either, teaching career of love, teachers teach because they want to, not because it will make them rich..
No fight in it

Charleston, WV

#11 Jan 25, 2013
Just about anywhere you go for any job now per employment drug testing is required. And to most teachers,, not all mind you are not there because they ( love) it. I have seen it time and time again push the kid thru to get him out of there hair, partly kids fault, teachers fault, and parents fault
No fight in it

Charleston, WV

#12 Jan 25, 2013
Pre*
think a little

Chesapeake, OH

#13 Jan 25, 2013
I agree that not all teachers are there because they love it
But the good ones are... But they all know that teaching.isn't going to make them rich by anymeans..
think a little

Chesapeake, OH

#14 Jan 25, 2013
And for the record, my posts about drug testing and "not knowing anything" weren't toward you "no fight", they were directed to the idiot at the top talking about how easy teachers have it..
No fight in it

Charleston, WV

#15 Jan 25, 2013
think a little wrote:
And for the record, my posts about drug testing and "not knowing anything" weren't toward you "no fight", they were directed to the idiot at the top talking about how easy teachers have it..
,,, no problem think,, I just feel they could play it safer when it comes to our children,, back in early 80's. bus driver put my 6 and 7 year old children off the bus 1 mile from our house and told them to walk home, someone picked them p and dropped them off and to this day we don't know who it was,, yeah needless to say that was last time it ever happened, so yeah they know me or did well!
2 posts removed
No fight in it

Charleston, WV

#18 Jan 25, 2013
Lol I blame it on the auto correct!!! Lol,, yeah I called school board and went to bus garage,,, they called me every time school let out early after that! Back then things weren't quite as bad as now but still had it happen ppl picking up kids, just like that guy in white van now, if they find him they should hang him!!!
that guy

Hurricane, WV

#19 Jan 25, 2013
No fight in it wrote:
That's exactly what it's about. Money.
As long as they serve lunch, it counts as a full day and no federal funding is at risk.
The safety of the students and cost to the taxpayers is secondary.
Hah

Charleston, WV

#20 Jan 27, 2013
It's funny how the people on here that have issues with teachers are the ones who can't spell anything correctly and have terrible grammar. Yikes.
nope

Northfork, WV

#21 Jan 27, 2013
Drug Test wrote:
Ah" what I wouldn't do to go back in time and be a teacher. You work one day and off two. Come back and work another day and leave the next at noon. Before you know it it's spring break and summer break and Thanksgiving break and Christmas break and Iam sure there are other breaks I am forgetting.
You can smoke all the dope you want and NO testing
You can fail your students and still get rewarded
Oh I forgot about the every 4th friday you get off and sick days and.....
Techers are overpaid...and underworked
And can do all the illegal drugs they want!
Ah" to be a teacher in this State!
you have to do dope to put up with the lil bastards
think a little

Chesapeake, OH

#22 Jan 27, 2013
Actually the law says that if the kids arrive at school, they have to be served lunch before you can release them, that's why Putnam moved their lunches up prior to dismissing them.....
that guy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly what it's about. Money.
As long as they serve lunch, it counts as a full day and no federal funding is at risk.
The safety of the students and cost to the taxpayers is secondary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
List things you're Thankful for on this holiday? 6 min Doc H 8
Marshall basketball 33 min Dan Dan 1
Ppl who hide behind fake names 1 hr Doc H 25
Kanawha Drug Court a joke 1 hr Feelgood McGurk 4
the cold spot -chaleston location 2 hr watcher 21
Cold spots wings are burnt (Dec '14) 2 hr Doc H 10
Lavar Ball gets schooled by President Trump 10 hr Triple K 12

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance