Intermodal Center questionable due to...

Intermodal Center questionable due to stalled legislation, economy

There are 4 comments on the Bluefield Daily Telegraph story from Jul 1, 2012, titled Intermodal Center questionable due to stalled legislation, economy. In it, Bluefield Daily Telegraph reports that:

When the Princeton Avenue Parking Garage came down last month, the city of Bluefield was left with prime real estate that could be attractive to prospective new industries and businesses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bluefield Daily Telegraph.

I KNOW

Circle Pines, MN

#1 Jul 1, 2012
That center in the opinion of MANY is a foolish pipe dream in the WRONG DIRECTION. If someone wants the property to develop by ALL MEANS sell it and abandon this foolish notion.

The development in Bluefield has to be SOUTH near the 460 bypass and out to John Nash to the INTERSTATE...that is where the traffic flow and PEOPLE coming in are!There will be some "spinoff" of this development to the downtown but the thrust has to be with traffic flow.

The downtown is what it is-it will NEVER be the retail center it once was as is the case in MANY MANY American towns.
10 posts removed
Rick Jones

United States

#12 Jul 3, 2012
[email protected] Rahall and anyone that votes for that drink son b!tch...all he cares about is Beckley.

The state of West Virginia has long written off Bluefield, and we won't even have a legislator thanks to prune Judge Frazer.
railroaderone

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Jul 11, 2012
ok this intermodal center would be good if a passnege train still ran thur bluefield. We havent had on of those sence the late 1970s
I KNOW

Circle Pines, MN

#14 Jul 11, 2012
RIGHT where the IDIOTS are wanting to locate it serves absolutely NO PURPOSE.The whole concept is totally ignorant.Would have been GREAT when the trains were running...could have had train and bus( city bus) and Trailways or Greyhound bus and cabs all located in one nice central area.....nothing goes into that part of town now.The DEVELOPMENT needs to be in the direction of the INTERSTATE and 460 bypass WHERE THE TRAFFIC AND PEOPLE ARE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taking down statues 19 min Slavery 21
Anyone wanna do it 26 min im your guy 3
Jalil Myers - Another Dead Thug 37 min Lee Roy 55
Charlottesville Crazinesss 42 min southern at heart 19
Most White people in West Virginia are nothing ... 1 hr Upset WVirginian 33
Brietta myers.tell me your thoughts on her plz 1 hr Tom Clark 4
Do you ever sit wonder why you are appearing bu... 7 hr Realtalk 1

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance