Weston state hospital

Santa Clara, CA

#1 Apr 11, 2011
Anyone taken the tour of the old Weston state hospital..I know its now called something else TALA I believe. Im interested in going and would like to know of anyones experiences there.
Been there

Charleston, WV

#2 Apr 22, 2011
I took the tour when they first started doing them. It was fairly interesting. At the time, they couldn't sghow you most of the hospital for safety reasons, so I was a little dissapointed. I hear it's a little better now, they have more of the place accesible. I'm not sure I'd make a special trip for it, but if you're in the area, it could a be a good way to spend some time.
Tattooed and Pierced

Attica, MI

#3 Apr 22, 2011
It's called Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum (TALA for short-- you were right). I had the experience of visiting in Oct of last year...WOW! If you are fortunate enough to go...can't say enough about it! I didn't see any ghosts, but it was a wonderful experience & I expect to return this spring/summer. Just going & seeing the buildings is something I did a few times over the winter. I love Weston, the people a great. They don't offer tours thru winter, but this month there was/is a celebrity tour. Go see the hospital, dine locally...you'll enjoy every minute!!

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 26, 2011
Just visited the Asylum over the Easter weekend. Our group did the overnight ghost tour. It was awesome! We didnt see any ghost however, several of us had experiences and we caught about 15 good EVP's.
Even if you are not interested in ghost hunting, I recommend visiting the Asylum for a historical tour. The building is amazing!

United States

#5 Oct 24, 2013
Does anyone know if they do the overnight ghost hunts in nov. Or when the close it to the public

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Oct 24, 2013
There is 3 ways to see it: historical tour, ghost hunting tour, and during October the haunted house.

I've been on 3 different historical tours over the years. They now have practically every area of the buildings open. The tour was very good and very informative.

We did the haunted house 2 years ago and it was honestly the best I've ever been on. Any other haunted house type event we now judge against the one at Weston!

I used to sneak into Weston when it was abandoned and never had any paranormal expierence, so I've never bought into the whole "ghost" stuff and never done that tour so I can't comment on it.

I would highly recommend a visit!
1 post removed

Rochester, PA

#8 Oct 25, 2013
I went there Wednesday and it sucked!!! Drove 1 hour and 40 min
I Know

United States

#9 Oct 25, 2013
People have different opinions. I wanna go .

Chesapeake, OH

#10 Oct 26, 2013
I like the people there

Charleston, WV

#11 Oct 26, 2013
Sounds cool
Love it

Chesapeake, OH

#12 Oct 27, 2013
I would love to do it

Chesapeake, OH

#13 Oct 27, 2013
I would like it also! Cool idea

Chesapeake, OH

#14 Oct 27, 2013
Does this still go on?

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Oct 28, 2013
Historic and ghost tours go on year round.

The haunted asylum is only the month of Oct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Halburn in jail in SC 11 min The truth 20
Lori Harmon and Tracie Wilson..in trouble (Sep '17) 2 hr JJPeanut 179
No more craigslist personals 3 hr Plz tell me 5
Will Huggins ever learn to recruit some shooters? 3 hr The truth 5
Pagans mc (Dec '14) 3 hr wow 82
NO WALL on Mexican border just a fence 3 hr Lmfao 55
Why did Craigslist take down personals down 4 hr The Reaper 3

Charleston Jobs

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages