KVYFL Midget League Football
Coachs Wife

Charleston, WV

#21 May 7, 2013
Funny wrote:
I posted before and stated that adults are ruining sports for the kids. 95% of coaches are only coaches to make sure their child is a star because they know they cant prove that they are to any other coach because he is out there making sure his kid is being a star. What they dont realize is once the kids get into middle school and high school their talent is seen and IF they make the team they are sitting on the bench. Hate to say this but I have found it amusing to see names on the High School Rosters yet they dont see the field at all and would you believe it, it is that same kid that was only 3 feet tall yet he was the Quarterback for "A" Team coached by no other than his daddy! PRICELESS... Now I see league are wanting to leave KVYFL why is that oh because the big dawgs are coming in and they cant hang! You think your kid has a choice IF he makes it to the NCAA or NFL? Yeah, nope he is gonna play who his franchise schedules him to play... grow up people let the damn kids play football!
95%? I take it you are not a mathematician. I don't think you realize ALL that a COACH, and that Coach's family sacrificies for OTHER PEOPLES Kids. It's NOT so that their kids can be "the Star". n Usually the Coach's kid has to play twice as hard to be recognized by their own parent, moreless the others. You sound really angry that your's isn't a starter. Words to the "wise"; make sure your kids study hard; ball is for youth, education is forever, and Poor, well it feels like a much longer ride than any "glory of youth...!"
huh

Charleston, WV

#22 May 7, 2013
Say whu wrote:
So the word is out? KC is being left behind with the CVYFL franchises that they tried to screw over. Karma
What do you mean?
itstheparents

Saint Albans, WV

#23 May 7, 2013
Thank you!! Glad u liked my posts.
smh

Lewisburg, WV

#24 May 9, 2013
Is the next board meeting open to the public? Isn't it Monday?
itstheparents

Faber, VA

#25 May 9, 2013
smh wrote:
Is the next board meeting open to the public? Isn't it Monday?
Yes!!!
1 post removed
JustAsk

United States

#27 May 9, 2013
I heard the "left behind teams" will be in a new league called the TASOKVFL.
Two Leagues Again

Charleston, WV

#28 May 10, 2013
Ok what do we have here? Two leagues? 1 and a half. What gives?
Be Real

Saint Albans, WV

#29 May 10, 2013
Two Leagues Again wrote:
Ok what do we have here? Two leagues? 1 and a half. What gives?
No, JustAsk was just being a smart a$$

Since: May 12

Charleston, WV

#30 May 13, 2013
The league is divided once again St. Albans posted on their Facebook page. St. Albans, poca, elk district, sissonville, Winfield, nitro, Cc. All that is in kvyfl is KC, sc, s hills, western, belle, Dunbar, tornado. I wonder why the split happened after western and Dunbar were added?
dragon dad

Chesapeake, OH

#31 May 13, 2013
sha_cor wrote:
The league is divided once again St. Albans posted on their Facebook page. St. Albans, poca, elk district, sissonville, Winfield, nitro, Cc. All that is in kvyfl is KC, sc, s hills, western, belle, Dunbar, tornado. I wonder why the split happened after western and Dunbar were added?
The other teams were tired of the rules changing to benefit a few. And, who likes being bullied to gain entry into a league? I guess some teams didn't want the Chemical valley drama. As a dragon, I couldn't be happier.

And, to your point. Western and Dunbar are trouble.
Be Real

Saint Albans, WV

#32 May 13, 2013
I get so tired of hearing that we are running from talent. Yes, they will have to play each other in middle and high school, but at least when that happens, there will be a standard of conduct that is acceptable for children! What people want to leave is the drama! No one wants their elementary kids surrounded by a bunch of thugs that don't know how to act!
dragon dad

Chesapeake, OH

#33 May 13, 2013
Be Real wrote:
I get so tired of hearing that we are running from talent. Yes, they will have to play each other in middle and high school, but at least when that happens, there will be a standard of conduct that is acceptable for children! What people want to leave is the drama! No one wants their elementary kids surrounded by a bunch of thugs that don't know how to act!
Amen Be Real!
itstheparents

Faber, VA

#34 May 13, 2013
Well said Be Real. As I read Facebook the Trouble makers are all ready crying.

Since: May 12

Charleston, WV

#35 May 13, 2013
Nobody crying on my end. I just can't believe how grown folks can't act right and let the kids just play football. Every team has problems some are just not as vocal as others. Before you start talking about thugs running teams you might want to look at your teams; you would be surprised at what you might find.
huh?

Chesapeake, OH

#36 May 13, 2013
sha_cor wrote:
Nobody crying on my end. I just can't believe how grown folks can't act right and let the kids just play football. Every team has problems some are just not as vocal as others. Before you start talking about thugs running teams you might want to look at your teams; you would be surprised at what you might find.
(Looking). No thugs here! Oh yeah they're all in KVYFL now! LOL

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#37 May 13, 2013
Not all teams have the drama & this split is not about competition!

It's about being force fed expansion year after year, being manipulated, changing rules to benefit a few, etc., etc., etc. I could go on and on, but there is no reason to. It is what it is, move on. Both sides have enough teams to play football, every kid still has somewhere to play football or cheer so whats the big deal. It's done, there's no turning back so move on.
really

Lewisburg, WV

#38 May 14, 2013
So is that what happened at the board meeting? What is the new league called? Which teams are in which leagues?
Winning

Point Pleasant, WV

#39 May 14, 2013
7 teams collectively resigned from the Kanawha Valley Youth Football League at last night's meeting - Poca, Campbell's Creek, Elk River, St. Albans, Nitro, Sissonville and Winfield.

These teams have formed Mountain State Elite Cheer & Football League.

CreekRulz is right - there are plenty of teams for kids throughout this valley to play or cheer. Play your kids where they live or take them somewhere else to play. It's your call. If they don't play, that's your issue - not an entire league's.

so many of you are quick to holler about the injustices of youth sports. My whole hearted suggestion is this: there are elections every single year for board members and always openings for volunteers - Always openings for volunteers. Get involved and make an effort to change things instead of complaining and slinging accusations towards the parents who are trying to better the league. Many times it's the same parents in football that are involved in baseball or wrestling or whatever sport their children play. And dude, don't talk about how busy you are - we are all busy.

I am involved - and it's not because I'm reliving my football dreams. It's because someone has to do more than their fair share because the majority of you don't do any of your share. You wait for someone else to hold signups, to stock the concession stand, to order uniforms or to pick up trash all the while you roll in to a game 15 minutes before it starts, complain about the font size on the jerseys and leave the minute your kid is off the field.

Football starts in 68 days, peeps. It's time to get over the whining and the gnashing of the teeth and get happy, happy, happy.
Octavia Cordon

United States

#40 May 14, 2013
I find it sad that many of you folks speaking on things you simply have no clue about. Thugs, etc and other comments being said but yet you are part of the problem and dont have a solution to the problem. Division is being created among our children because of adult issues. We all know many of the teams that left probably dont want to to play with kids from the west whose majority is black. Thugs, ghetto, drama has no bearing on their choice not to involve themselves with these 3 teams. I see many cowards among us hiding behind screen names and speaking in code at meetings because they are afraid to address problems like grown people do. No team is perfect. Everyone has had problems within their organization and it should be left up to that program to handle it internally. Ive endured racial remarks, appropriate comments at games from hurricane, winfield and poca and will never discredit an entire organization for one persons shortcomings. I have know and have worked with many people within 90% of these leagues. I would hope we all can come to and understanding that will allow our children to play together in all areas.

Octavia Cordon, VP
Midwestern Football League
itstheparents

Faber, VA

#41 May 14, 2013
So sick an tired of "adults" running their mouths about other teams. A few years ago this happened an everyone did their own thing. How can you say it's a racist thing? People throw the race card when you can't have your way. There is 7 teams in both leagues now. What the hell does it matter. Take your kid to KVYFL OR MOUNTAIN STATE.. That simple. Your choice. The people on here causing trouble are exactly why there was a split. No one wants DRAMA. Grow up an let the kids play ball. Get up an make a difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 min louege 4,206
Bum who sits at the intersection of Patrick St ... 30 min Correctimundo 26
Pres. Trump 57 min Bert 7
Trump is for uneducated poor people 1 hr Bert 26
Trump releases more TOP SECRETs to Phillipine P... 1 hr Bert 4
Julia Shalhoup Charleston WV Lawyer!!! 2 hr Annoyed 14
Jim Justice farts in Tim Armstead's face 3 hr Greg Butcher 11

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages