Can Shelly Moore Capito beat Rockefel...

Can Shelly Moore Capito beat Rockefeller?

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Turkey leftovers

Martinsburg, WV

#1 Nov 26, 2012
Congresswoman Shelly Moore Capito is going to take on Rockefeller for for US Senator in 2014. My question is does she have any chance at all in winning? I say no way unless Senator Rockefellers health is bad and he steps down before hand. otherwise he wins by a landslide.

Since: Sep 11

Charleston, WV

#2 Nov 26, 2012
I'm not sure. There are a lot of people that like Capito these days.
Her dad steals

Martinsburg, WV

#3 Nov 26, 2012
Her father is a thief! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
nemesis

Glasgow, WV

#4 Nov 26, 2012
That's all we need, is another dose of Corporate Capito, and we'll stay at the bottom of the heap.

Charleston, WV

#5 Nov 26, 2012
nemesis wrote:
That's all we need, is another dose of Corporate Capito, and we'll stay at the bottom of the heap.
Most people don't hate corporations. They understand that corporations don't force you to buy their products.

Charleston, WV

#6 Nov 26, 2012
Her dad steals wrote:
Her father is a thief! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
I've never heard this. Do you have a link to a story or something?
Turkey Leftovers

Martinsburg, WV

#7 Nov 26, 2012
Louda please tell me you are kidding? Her dad stole and embezzled millions from this state. He did time in Federal prison. I mean millions not thousands, but millions. He did a little time in a country club prison and came out and is still spending what he stole. He stole so much he can never spend it all. I am sure some will be used to help fund his daughters unsuccessful Senate run.

Just Google Arch Moore Junior and start reading.

Charleston, WV

#8 Nov 26, 2012
Turkey Leftovers wrote:
Louda please tell me you are kidding? Her dad stole and embezzled millions from this state. He did time in Federal prison. I mean millions not thousands, but millions. He did a little time in a country club prison and came out and is still spending what he stole. He stole so much he can never spend it all. I am sure some will be used to help fund his daughters unsuccessful Senate run.
Just Google Arch Moore Junior and start reading.
I'm still missing what it has to do with her.
Herd 91

Martinsburg, WV

#9 Nov 26, 2012
Louda your are out of your league SON.....when it comes to politics stay on the porch....BOY!

Turkey Leftovers

Shelly can and will beat the Rockster if she plans a good well thought out campaign. he is beatable and she knows how to win.

And lay off her father.. That is old news. Over 20 years ago. Move on.

again Louda stay on the porch. You'll only make a bigger fool of yourself.

Charleston, WV

#10 Nov 26, 2012
Herd 91 wrote:
Louda your are out of your league SON.....when it comes to politics stay on the porch....BOY!
Turkey Leftovers
Shelly can and will beat the Rockster if she plans a good well thought out campaign. he is beatable and she knows how to win.
And lay off her father.. That is old news. Over 20 years ago. Move on.
again Louda stay on the porch. You'll only make a bigger fool of yourself.
I haven't made a fool of myself. I just wondered why this person was so positive that Moore had committed that fraud since Moore himself doesn't even seem to know for sure. He tried multiple times to recant his guilty pleas to no avail.
Arnie

Saint Albans, WV

#11 Nov 26, 2012
It was Manchin that lost all that money, gambling in the stock market. Moore had a "slush fund" he used to grease the wheels of government. He was set up and fell for the con job created by his opponents when he had the infamous incinerator meeting.
He took counsel's advice and pled, then realized their case against him was weak. Due to the political leanings of the judges he was not allowed to recant his plea.
Turkey leftovers

Martinsburg, WV

#12 Nov 26, 2012
Arnie you are such a fool to believe that crap. That thief was given so much cash by certain coal barons it is ridiculous. He took kickback after kickback and was caught red handed. His records are sealed and if the public really knew how much of a low-budget con-artisr thief he really IS his off daughter wouldn't even be allowed to run for dog catcher. There is no way on earth you believe what you said. No way!

like I said the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.

Charleston, WV

#13 Nov 26, 2012
Capito isn't a criminal just because her father is. That's ignorant.
Herd 91

Martinsburg, WV

#14 Nov 26, 2012
Louda weren't you told to stay on the porch...SON? I'm a Capito supporter and you may also be I don't know, but even if you are you still don't know squat about politics. I mean how could you?

Go back to the wvwho topics where you feel more comfortable and at ease.

Turkey Boy

You have no clue as to what you are saying. You're just plain ol wrong and....an idiot!
Earl

Bluefield, WV

#15 Nov 26, 2012
Turkey leftovers wrote:
Arnie you are such a fool to believe that crap. That thief was given so much cash by certain coal barons it is ridiculous. He took kickback after kickback and was caught red handed. His records are sealed and if the public really knew how much of a low-budget con-artisr thief he really IS his off daughter wouldn't even be allowed to run for dog catcher. There is no way on earth you believe what you said. No way!
like I said the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.
Arch covered up the Buffalo Creek disaster (still covered up to this day as "an act of god") and profited from it, he used the National Guard not only to keep out outsiders but from news media or any occupation related to cameras or film from entering the hollow and record incriminating damage.
That is how coal kills in this state, cover up the true evidence.
just wonderin

Charleston, WV

#16 Nov 26, 2012
i've only been in wv for a few years but the one thing that i've noticed is that Jay Rockefeller doesn't share information with the citizens of WV. i don't remember one time seeing Rockefeller talk to the news about his plans to help WV. everybody across the nation heard about senator Byrd and recognized he was trying his best to help WV. everybody across the nation absolutely know the name of Jay Rockefeller BUT his name is not because of his efforts to help WV citizens. when will Rockefeller start developing a relationship with the average WV citizen? where does Rockefeller stand regarding the many issues that impact our state? where can the average citizen in WV find out what bills before the U.S. Senate were vetoed or approved by Sen. Rockefeller. maybe Rockefeller should spend some time with the citizens in WV and stay away from Washington,D.C. for awhile.
nemesis

Glasgow, WV

#17 Nov 27, 2012
She heard the rumor that Rockefeller is going to retire, and it's a blatant power- grab by the Republicans. She has helped drag this State down long enough. Put her in and you've got another Mitch McConnell, and grid-lock will be even worse.

Charleston, WV

#18 Nov 27, 2012
Herd 91 wrote:
Louda weren't you told to stay on the porch...SON? I'm a Capito supporter and you may also be I don't know, but even if you are you still don't know squat about politics. I mean how could you?
Go back to the wvwho topics where you feel more comfortable and at ease.
Turkey Boy
You have no clue as to what you are saying. You're just plain ol wrong and....an idiot!
I've posted more on politics than on sports lately. You need to do your research on people before blindly trying to insult them. You keep telling people that they don't have a clue and then you offer nothing except simultaneously attacking people who agree and disagree with you. Again, what Arch Moore did or didn't do decades ago has nothing to do with what Capito will do today. It's ignorant to try to connect her to her dad's shortcomings.
nemesis

Glasgow, WV

#19 Nov 30, 2012
She stated that 40% 0f the Miners and Coal truck driver were drug addicts. Boy, she sure is off to a good start trying to take Rockefeller's job.
Facts

Martinsburg, WV

#20 Nov 30, 2012
Her pappy stole more money than Rockefeller is worth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kris noks 21 min NonBlonde 1
If stopped by the police 38 min Mutha 15
If Hillary wins 1 hr Nancy 12
Hillary Clinton won't win! 1 hr Diana Brawn 1
Hillary needs Bernie 1 hr Nancy 2
Melissa Kidd 2 hr Concerned 1
Trump leads Clinton new poll 4 hr donald 30
Kanawha Electric Cuts Pay & hours 4 hr atlantis bahamas 139

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web