W.Va. cultural budget cut 8 percent

W.Va. cultural budget cut 8 percent

There are 2 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from May 16, 2013, titled W.Va. cultural budget cut 8 percent. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

Fairs, festivals and cultural events around the state will feel the impact of the state budget crunch, with funding cut by more than 8 percent in the 2013-14 budget.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

professor of studies

Oakvale, WV

#1 May 18, 2013
I'm a professor of Appalachian Studies at the University of Virginia, and believe me, 8% off of nothing makes zero percent total difference of the actual cultural impact of West Virginia. No offense, but there are way more important concerns, such as environmental and sociopolitical issues to be addressed prior to this sort of news stand sensationalism.
scooby

Goochland, VA

#2 May 20, 2013
professor of studies wrote:
I'm a professor of Appalachian Studies at the University of Virginia, and believe me, 8% off of nothing makes zero percent total difference of the actual cultural impact of West Virginia. No offense, but there are way more important concerns, such as environmental and sociopolitical issues to be addressed prior to this sort of news stand sensationalism.
So you're a professor in a useless field of study? Maybe you should consider a career change and get a "real" job?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Youngs department store racist ! (Jul '13) 2 min Truth 54
Supreme Court says gays can marry in all states! 34 min Ernest 78
Campbells Creek (Mar '11) 2 hr AdamWHackney 214
hospital employees pay 3 hr Wishful thinking 1
Man gets 235 years - Woman gets home confinement 3 hr JustMe101 5
Roger Influ & Wesley the great 4 hr Liberal till I die 1
Who has the best pizza in Charleston? 4 hr People like you 73
More from around the web

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE