Delegate fighting to reinstate death penalty

Mar 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Charleston Gazette

This image provided by West Virginia Legislative Services shows Del. John Overington, R-Berkley, In Charleston, W. Va.

Comments
21 - 40 of 41 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2013

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the correct term is Trophy Wife
Trophy wife, Gold digger, Party girl, office tramp, so on ad nausea.

Theres no shortage of women in this world who will use their gender and its "assets" to get what they want that has nothing to do with the sex trade.

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

But LL is right, one does not preclude the other.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Lesson Learned wrote:
Now I don't know personally that this list is correct but it's pretty convincing that innocent people are sometimes found guilty.
Last exoneration December 21, 2012 (#142)
For Inclusion on DPIC's Innocence List:
Defendants must have been convicted, sentenced to death and subsequently either-
a. Been acquitted of all charges related to the crime that placed them on death row, or
b. Had all charges related to the crime that placed them on death row dismissed by the prosecution, or
c. Been granted a complete pardon based on evidence of innocence.
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/innocence-lis...
Im sure by the same logic that just as many guilty people are found innocent. one trial one sentencing one swift hanging. If a person is on trial, there are witnesses, dna, confession, murder weapon, ect. And they are found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Take them straight to the middle of the town where there crime was committed and give them a long drop with a short rope.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

oldstoner wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sure by the same logic that just as many guilty people are found innocent. one trial one sentencing one swift hanging. If a person is on trial, there are witnesses, dna, confession, murder weapon, ect. And they are found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Take them straight to the middle of the town where there crime was committed and give them a long drop with a short rope.
I bet if you were innocent of a crime but were found guilty you might change your mind on that...lol

Try putting yourself in someone else's shoes for a change...you might get a whole new perspective.
Winky

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

As soon as they are found guilty give them an immediate head toppling on the guillotine. Put it in the court room.

Since: Feb 11

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Why a Guillotine, why not pulling the arms and legs with 4 Horses or boil them in hot oil or burn them a the stake or skin them alive or hold them under water until they drown or shoot them by firing squad or hang them by the neck until dead or put a plastic bag over their head and suffocate them to death or sneak up behind them and shoot them in the back of the head or put them in a chair and execute them by electricity or shove them off a tall building and watch them splatter on the concrete or do it the bible way, stone them to death. Get real.

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Hell just give em a coal mining job they will die sooner or later.

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>A woman who "trades her body" to get what she wants is a prostitute, whether you call her that or not.
You were SOL .. LOL :-)

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

I say set them free in a valley and let them outrun tje wolves.
require certain evidence

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

death penalty should be reinstated but require 100% proof. exclude eyewitness testimony because no one can be trusted. exclude inferences drawn from evidence like fibers because you can't trust people's inferences. only hardcore 100% proof = like video or the compilation of several eyewitnesses who do not know each other, etc.
murder

Belle, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Bring back death pentalty - CHANGE LAWS ABOUT LENGHTH OF APPEALS - do it same time.

Our crime ratio is now huge. In WVa 50% of us are older retired people - about 10% work - the other 40% are drug dealers, criminals of all sorts and murderers. There is no fear factor to stop the crime.

Now they are working on letting out early - THOSE THAT COMMITTED non-criminal acts. Well after been in prison and raped and mistreated - they come out as psychos - so just the same as putting a murderer right out on the streets. Murder's are drug addicts who lose their link with reality due to the desperte need to get their drug and due to their hate of society - so they esculate over the years. My God - keep them longer, not less..
Phil

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Loan your delegate a loaded pistol.
Phil

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Jack_4ral wrote:
Why a Guillotine, why not pulling the arms and legs with 4 Horses or boil them in hot oil or burn them a the stake or skin them alive or hold them under water until they drown or shoot them by firing squad or hang them by the neck until dead or put a plastic bag over their head and suffocate them to death or sneak up behind them and shoot them in the back of the head or put them in a chair and execute them by electricity or shove them off a tall building and watch them splatter on the concrete or do it the bible way, stone them to death. Get real.
I wish we had had you as an interrigator in Vietnam. You certainly have a warped mind. You would have been perfect for the job. We wouldn't have had to turn them over to the S. Koreans for interrogation if we had had you. Way to Go Jack Off.
parts guy

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

In my opinion, the way it would need to work is that if there is at least three eye witnesses then they get the lethal injection within 30 days... no questions... no appeals. If there are less than that, and no dna evidence is found then they get one appeal within six months and if not overturned, then they get the injection within the next 30 days. There also has to be three officers involved in any investigation thT will involve capital punishment, that way, there is less chance of missed evidence or improper handling of evidence.
Mockingbird

Chapmanville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

rockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
It's cheaper to kill them than support them in prison. I don't get it why people are against. I bet it your family member was murdered you'd want the SOB dead. I know I would, I'd like to be the that does it
Where does your information come from that's its cheaper to execute a criminal than a sentence of life in prison without possibility of parole?

And what studies can you point to that shows the death penalty deters crime?

And yes, you're absolutely right, I could probably excecute a guilty person for the death of a loved one, but know will I know for sure he or she is guilty?
stupid

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

oldstoner wrote:
Thats the problem. If you are found guilty of violent crimes or crime against children or the elderly, you die that day. Go straight from the courthouse to the firing line. No last meals no last requests. Just a free trip to hell. The person that was murdered didnt get to appeal anything, or the little girl that got raped didnt have a chance appeal anything. Personally, i think the victims family should be allowed to pull the trigger.
It's ridiculous how the death penalty works its kinda pointless to even have it since the majority end up dead while waiting to be put to death. I don't understand why it takes so long thy should be put to death right away.
death

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

rockstar wrote:
<quoted text>It's cheaper to kill them than support them in prison. I don't get it why people are against. I bet it your family member was murdered you'd want the SOB dead. I know I would, I'd like to be the that does it

That doesn't make sense because most of the time the prisoner waits a very log one before they are even put to death and they usually end up dying in prison while waiting.
disgusting

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

oldstoner wrote:
<quoted text>Im sure by the same logic that just as many guilty people are found innocent. one trial one sentencing one swift hanging. If a person is on trial, there are witnesses, dna, confession, murder weapon, ect. And they are found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Take them straight to the middle of the town where there crime was committed and give them a long drop with a short rope.
The fact that people would really get excited to see someone being hanged in front of everyone is sickening to me. Does a serial rapist get what he deserves by getting the death penalty? Yes. But that doesn't mean I would like to watch him die and cheer on.
Ridiculous!!

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Life in prison would be fine with me if they didn't include all of these luxuries they are getting now. If you are sentenced to prison you should actually get punished and it should actually be a prison not a hotel.

Since: Feb 11

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Phil wrote:
<quoted text> I wish we had had you as an interrigator in Vietnam. You certainly have a warped mind. You would have been perfect for the job. We wouldn't have had to turn them over to the S. Koreans for interrogation if we had had you. Way to Go Jack Off.
I was there 67-68, Infantry, served many times as Judge, Jury and Executioner. No Human animal should be placed in a position to decide if another Human animal should be put to death. As a former C.O. I can inform you that incarceration IS punishment. Try it some time and see how you like it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Charleston Forum right now

Search the Charleston Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Mountedqueers Weenie Smallwood arrested 23 min Herd 91 11
Regional jail inmate dies after altercation 55 min weirdo 50
erika buchanan 2 hr Erika 13
best buffet restaraunts in the area 2 hr Ryans Rocks 8
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 hr George 54,185
Town Sl*ts & Holler Wh•res 3 hr wolfknifes 5
Patrick Morrisey - Don't say I didn't warn you - 3 hr Wanda 10
What happened to chase carter 17 hr TruthB 88
•••
•••
•••
Charleston Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Charleston Jobs

•••