Delegate fighting to reinstate death penalty

Mar 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Charleston Gazette

This image provided by West Virginia Legislative Services shows Del. John Overington, R-Berkley, In Charleston, W. Va.

Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Average Citizen

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Reinstating the death penalty would be a great way to advance our image as one of the most primitive and backwards states in the country. Apparently that's what Delegate Overington wants for us.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

I think its a great idea. Murderers and pedophiles should be put to death. Instead we would rather pay for there food shelter and medical care the rest of there worthless lives.
1 post removed
scooter

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

im with oldstoner kill the sick f.,,s. Tired of
paying to take care trash

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/states-and-wi...

STATES WITH THE DEATH PENALTY (33)

Other State Information:
•State by State Information
•Summary of State Statutes
•Execution Information
•Sentencing Information
•Clemency Process by State
•Murder Rates by State

Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky

Louisiana
Maryland
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
North Carolina
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon

Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Washington
Wyoming

ALSO
- U.S. Gov't
- U.S. Military

STATES WITHOUT THE DEATH PENALTY (17)(YEAR ABOLISHED IN PARENTHESES)

Alaska (1957)
Connecticut**(2012)
Hawaii (1957)
Illinois (2011)
Iowa (1965)
Maine (1887)
Massachusetts (1984)
Michigan (1846)

Minnesota (1911)
New Jersey (2007)
New Mexico*(2009)
New York (2007)#
North Dakota (1973)
Rhode Island (1984)***
Vermont (1964)

West Virginia (1965)
Wisconsin (1853)

ALSO
Dist. of Columbia (1981)
wow

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

we need the death chamber back, fix all these dickheads out killing!!
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

As much as I support the death penalty in principle, the sad truth is we simply can not afford it. With all the appeals the scumbags get, it would cost millions of dollars per inmate just to put them on death row for 20 years and not execute them anyway.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Thats the problem. If you are found guilty of violent crimes or crime against children or the elderly, you die that day. Go straight from the courthouse to the firing line. No last meals no last requests. Just a free trip to hell. The person that was murdered didnt get to appeal anything, or the little girl that got raped didnt have a chance appeal anything. Personally, i think the victims family should be allowed to pull the trigger.

Since: Feb 11

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Saying: It is better to let 10 murders go free than to execute one innocent person.

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Jack_4ral wrote:
Saying: It is better to let 10 murders go free than to execute one innocent person.
I would be inclined to agree with this..........If we didnt have about 5-6 BILLION too many people on this planet right now.

Just because someone "might" be innocent, does NOT mean they are not just another of the millions and billions of wasted potential not fit for the skin they are printed on.

Just because someone is innocent does not mean they are doing no harm.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Now I don't know personally that this list is correct but it's pretty convincing that innocent people are sometimes found guilty.

Last exoneration December 21, 2012 (#142)

For Inclusion on DPIC's Innocence List:

Defendants must have been convicted, sentenced to death and subsequently either-

a. Been acquitted of all charges related to the crime that placed them on death row, or

b. Had all charges related to the crime that placed them on death row dismissed by the prosecution, or

c. Been granted a complete pardon based on evidence of innocence.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/innocence-lis...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

VirVoX Populi wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be inclined to agree with this..........If we didnt have about 5-6 BILLION too many people on this planet right now.
Just because someone "might" be innocent, does NOT mean they are not just another of the millions and billions of wasted potential not fit for the skin they are printed on.
Just because someone is innocent does not mean they are doing no harm.
I can't believe you posted this nonsense. Someone may not have been guilty but maybe they cheated on the tax return so they should get the death penalty? Care to retract this comment?

Since: Feb 11

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Bottom line: The Human equation can not be relied on in determining the death of another Human. Too many innocent persons have been put to death or released from death row to continue rolling the Dice. The possibility of two evils, keeping a innocent person in prison for life or executing that innocent person.
rockstar

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Average Citizen wrote:
Reinstating the death penalty would be a great way to advance our image as one of the most primitive and backwards states in the country. Apparently that's what Delegate Overington wants for us.
It's cheaper to kill them than support them in prison. I don't get it why people are against. I bet it your family member was murdered you'd want the SOB dead. I know I would, I'd like to be the that does it
1 post removed

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe you posted this nonsense. Someone may not have been guilty but maybe they cheated on the tax return so they should get the death penalty? Care to retract this comment?
I DO in fact mind very much to retract that statement because I will do no such thing. Someone might not have been guilty but has lived at home in mommys basement till age 40. Someone else might not be convicted but has traded her body since her teens to get what she want without it ever being a direct monetary transaction. Someone might never have been apprehended but neglected their 4 children by 3 mothers.

MOST people are absolutely useless and unneeded. The only thing they do is serve to make a crowded planet more crowded and fill every consumable space with vapid stupidity. Never contributing to make this world a better place and only serving to make it worse. Does not matter if guilt is involved or not, they are still a waste of flesh.

So, even if an innocent here and there were killed indirectly I am still confident that we as a species are not losing the cure for cancer or anything of any true merit from their absence. Simply put we are LONG overdue to thin out the herd. If we dont do something we will quite literall yfuck our way into extinction. Hell, just look how close much closer each year we come to idiocracy. Do you really think the species has another thousand years at this pace?

Ive made this point before, and Ill stop the argument there, because I have said it in the past... I would gladly be second in line because I KNOW what my life is in the scheme of human development. So turning it around on me doesnt really make a difference.
Gizmo

Lookout, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

I worked at Mount Olive and was told by a couple higher ups it won't happen simply for the cost it takes to house, care for and pay their lawyer fees. If they are setting up new rules for drug offenders and prison overcrowding then they certainly don't have the money for death row inmates. But what some of those men did to other people and especially children, it could convince some the money is worth it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

VirVoX Populi wrote:
<quoted text>
I DO in fact mind very much to retract that statement because I will do no such thing. Someone might not have been guilty but has lived at home in mommys basement till age 40. Someone else might not be convicted but has traded her body since her teens to get what she want without it ever being a direct monetary transaction. Someone might never have been apprehended but neglected their 4 children by 3 mothers.
MOST people are absolutely useless and unneeded. The only thing they do is serve to make a crowded planet more crowded and fill every consumable space with vapid stupidity. Never contributing to make this world a better place and only serving to make it worse. Does not matter if guilt is involved or not, they are still a waste of flesh.
So, even if an innocent here and there were killed indirectly I am still confident that we as a species are not losing the cure for cancer or anything of any true merit from their absence. Simply put we are LONG overdue to thin out the herd. If we dont do something we will quite literall yfuck our way into extinction. Hell, just look how close much closer each year we come to idiocracy. Do you really think the species has another thousand years at this pace?
Ive made this point before, and Ill stop the argument there, because I have said it in the past... I would gladly be second in line because I KNOW what my life is in the scheme of human development. So turning it around on me doesnt really make a difference.
I thought maybe I had misread your comment but I guess not. So someone who is living in their mommy's basement until they're 40, or someone who is a prostitute, or someone who neglects his children, etc., etc. should just be executed? Those are not admirable people but last I heard those were not death penalty offenses. Maybe that 40 year old takes care of his mother, maybe that prostitute has a heart of gold but can't help herself, maybe that deadbeat dad gives a kidney to his sibling. No one is all bad.

I'm glad you volunteered to be second in line...but why not first?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is all bad.
note didnt say prositiute. doesnt matter if they are bad. their existence is. sorry for response. on new mobile key.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

1billion chinese 1 billion indian, 300 mill us. simple ratio. ill take my turn. but not before a whole lot of these causing the prob

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

VirVoX Populi wrote:
<quoted text>
note didnt say prositiute. doesnt matter if they are bad. their existence is. sorry for response. on new mobile key.
A woman who "trades her body" to get what she wants is a prostitute, whether you call her that or not.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman who "trades her body" to get what she wants is a prostitute, whether you call her that or not.
I think the correct term is Trophy Wife

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Charleston Forum right now

Search the Charleston Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Felony charges dismissed against Charleston att... 46 min Hater 6
Slumlords in the area (Jul '13) 1 hr OLD TENANT 27
Bobby 2 hr Dont be angry 1
What happened to chase carter 2 hr spidey 58
Bunny/Bobby 2 hr bobby 29
dirty girl mud 5 k 3 hr I stopped giving 12
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 hr bacon hater 53,519
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••