Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“what are you talking about you”

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

#19885 Jul 18, 2013
Wrecks666 wrote:
<quoted text>frig your girlfriend, she or it is a girl?
*nod*
http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/cooterink/m...
frig my lifes!

schlappington, by god

#19886 Jul 18, 2013
Wrecks666 wrote:
<quoted text>Mongrel get that dog off there! You mommy, sister licker and brother, daddy sucker. You don't deserve to breath air, you should breath farts.
*shayks hed*
yuns mayks perfekt cents

frig my lifes
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#19887 Jul 18, 2013
We are moving towards the movie Demolition Man. Having a government that tells you what to eat, have sex, tracks your every move, tells you what you can and not have as far as clothes, what to watch. Free Trade Agreement, Nafta, patriot act, IRS is more corrupt then was first reported, our govenment is more corrupt then ever before with spying on other countries as well as its own people. Doing amnisty twice instead of dealing with law breaking illegal aliens and the countries that allow it. We have become a nation of thinned skinned whimps with political correctness and minority rules. I am not talking race but if there is a vote and out of a 100 people 10 say no then we do not do it for fear they will have their feelings hurt. We spy now with our people with cameras and liscence plates. They set up ridiculas bills that are five telephone books with stuff in there that has nothing to do with the original bill to pass it by because they bury it in paperwork and to read every bill would take years to pass. Both sides do it and both sides proffit while we as a nation have been divided and conqured due to our own selfishness. We might as well take of United off and be state of america for we are no longer a free country
Connie Lingus

Washington, DC

#19888 Jul 18, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
We are moving towards the movie Demolition Man. Having a government that tells you what to eat, have sex, tracks your every move, tells you what you can and not have as far as clothes, what to watch. Free Trade Agreement, Nafta, patriot act, IRS is more corrupt then was first reported, our govenment is more corrupt then ever before with spying on other countries as well as its own people. Doing amnisty twice instead of dealing with law breaking illegal aliens and the countries that allow it. We have become a nation of thinned skinned whimps with political correctness and minority rules. I am not talking race but if there is a vote and out of a 100 people 10 say no then we do not do it for fear they will have their feelings hurt. We spy now with our people with cameras and liscence plates. They set up ridiculas bills that are five telephone books with stuff in there that has nothing to do with the original bill to pass it by because they bury it in paperwork and to read every bill would take years to pass. Both sides do it and both sides proffit while we as a nation have been divided and conqured due to our own selfishness. We might as well take of United off and be state of america for we are no longer a free country
Been going on for decades, it ain't going to change. Get used to it..........
Arthur

United States

#19889 Jul 18, 2013
Connie Lingus wrote:
<quoted text>Been going on for decades, it ain't going to change. Get used to it..........
You are wrong about that. It will change. Hopefully peacefully but if it continues on this track for very long I suspect it might not be so peaceful. The question is how soon til people wake up and take back their country. Vote these chumps out and lets return to the liberty loving country we once were.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#19890 Jul 18, 2013
Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>lets return to the liberty loving country we once were.
When exactly was that? When our founding fathers wrote "All men are created equal" but allowed slavery for another 100 years? Was it the early 1900s, when women couldn't vote? What about the 1950s when women could be legally beaten by their husbands and blacks were lynched? How about the last 50 years through today, when most states allow gay people to be fired from jobs or evicted from homes just because of their sexual preference? When exactly were we a "liberty loving country?" I'm interested...
Arthur

United States

#19891 Jul 18, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
When exactly was that? When our founding fathers wrote "All men are created equal" but allowed slavery for another 100 years? Was it the early 1900s, when women couldn't vote? What about the 1950s when women could be legally beaten by their husbands and blacks were lynched? How about the last 50 years through today, when most states allow gay people to be fired from jobs or evicted from homes just because of their sexual preference? When exactly were we a "liberty loving country?" I'm interested...
Nobody is perfect. Yes we made mistakes, but that doesnt mean we should throw up our hands and let the government run rampant.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#19892 Jul 18, 2013
Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody is perfect. Yes we made mistakes, but that doesnt mean we should throw up our hands and let the government run rampant.
Made mistakes? The republicans are currently fighting to forbid health insurance (37 congressional votes) to poor people. They're willling to obstruct anything that expands freedom to gay people. They'll do whatever it takes to keep women's bodies legislated by government. And your worried about traffic cameras? The security-freedom balance is nothing new. Granted, Bush knocked it out of whack with his illegal wars on Chinese credit cards, but it's a give-and-take that's been meted out since we had to go door-to-door to check for British spies. The problem is when people, like you, are duped into thinking you've lost something because big brother has cameras on a traffic lights while the GOP passes LAWS that state women have to have their vaginas probed for no reason whatsoever, just because she and her doctor decided a pregnancy should be terminated.

You want liberty and freedom? Then fight for PEOPLE. Not bullshit. Fight for the rights of gay men and women to be equals in the eyes of the law. Fight for poor people to have the right to see a doctor and get the medicine they need. Fight for blacks to have the right to vote no matter what. But nope - you're too worried about your goddamn phone bill. Wonder who wants it that way, the people who need liberty or the people looking to strip it?
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#19893 Jul 18, 2013
Bacon hater....you finally made some good arguments. We would not need Obama care if we had manufacturing jobs that were not shipped out. Plus if we would open the states for health insurance to start competition the rates would be cheaper. Plus it was not suppose to be a tax and it was. So they all lie on both sides. I feel abortion should be used in cases of rape, incest and if there is harm to mother or child. Not to be used just because you do not want a kid and decided to kill the child.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#19894 Jul 18, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
Bacon hater....you finally made some good arguments. We would not need Obama care if we had manufacturing jobs that were not shipped out. Plus if we would open the states for health insurance to start competition the rates would be cheaper. Plus it was not suppose to be a tax and it was. So they all lie on both sides. I feel abortion should be used in cases of rape, incest and if there is harm to mother or child. Not to be used just because you do not want a kid and decided to kill the child.
Then don't get an abortion except under those circumstances. As for your personal "feeling" about it - nobody cares. Personal "feelings" are not to be legislated. But the tea baggers keep trying - with everything from religion to abortion to health care (of course, like everything they do, they're all failures). We need a national health care plan regardless of the state of our economy. Our current one NEVER WORKED. It has always been the single largest drain on our economy and has never been of a quality to compete with most other modern countries (currently ranked 22nd by the WHO). ANd if you don't like outsourcing, blame the tea bagger. Obama got a bill through the senate to cut outsourcing and the dumb tea baggers blocked it. Along with jobs and infrastructure bills. Funny, they bitch about the economy while preventing anything from improving it and refusing to make even suggestions to advance it. But, that's the dumb tea bagger logic.

schlappington, by god

#19895 Jul 18, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>

frig my lifes
Arthur

United States

#19896 Jul 18, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Made mistakes? The republicans are currently fighting to forbid health insurance (37 congressional votes) to poor people. They're willling to obstruct anything that expands freedom to gay people. They'll do whatever it takes to keep women's bodies legislated by government. And your worried about traffic cameras? The security-freedom balance is nothing new. Granted, Bush knocked it out of whack with his illegal wars on Chinese credit cards, but it's a give-and-take that's been meted out since we had to go door-to-door to check for British spies. The problem is when people, like you, are duped into thinking you've lost something because big brother has cameras on a traffic lights while the GOP passes LAWS that state women have to have their vaginas probed for no reason whatsoever, just because she and her doctor decided a pregnancy should be terminated.
You want liberty and freedom? Then fight for PEOPLE. Not bullshit. Fight for the rights of gay men and women to be equals in the eyes of the law. Fight for poor people to have the right to see a doctor and get the medicine they need. Fight for blacks to have the right to vote no matter what. But nope - you're too worried about your goddamn phone bill. Wonder who wants it that way, the people who need liberty or the people looking to strip it?
I do support all peoples rights under the law and Constitution and do not support the Republican platform , but regardless it doesnt mean I should remain silent on the constant violations of the Constitution of millions. You imply by objecting to illegal spying and illegal camera surveilance that it means I ignore all the other issues. One can and should do both. Because you think one issue is more important than another you seem to suggest I should ignore the ones you think lesser of. I will speak out about whatever I choose, not what you think I should. And I strongly object to this illegal spying by the government and the police.
Arthur

United States

#19897 Jul 18, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way, I support a womans right to decide what to do with her own body....and object to the government granting itself illegal powers to violate the 4th amendment.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#19898 Jul 18, 2013
Bacon hater.....you started so good then went downhill. To say women get abortions just because of the moral issues we talked about is not true and if you truly think that then that is a blind observation. Free trade agreement hurt this country bad. I do not care if a republican came up with it and a democratic president signed it. Both are worthless and did not think of this country first. Hard for programs and even Obamacare without a tax base with money comming in. We should stop foriegn aid all over until we are on our feet again. We have problems with social security and the intrastucture and the trillons we send out could be spent on the people here.
1 post removed

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#19900 Jul 18, 2013
We all disagree with it. But it's nothing new and it pales in comparison to denying equal rights both in terms of constitutional importance and its effect on people. You can't compare surveillance cameras on traffic lights to firing gay people for being gay. One is nuisance. The other is a destroyer of lives. I think that your anger is misguided intentionally by those that want your concern aimed elsewhere. Much like the way ignorant people spend their lives bitching about welfare while the top one percent hide their money, pay no taxes and move their corporate profits overseas. One is a miniscule problem so small it's hard to even measure. The other is trillion-dollar issue that affects how our cosiety functions. It's a bait-and-switch. Don't look here, LOOK OVER THERE! Leaders who decote their lives to protecting loopholes for the rich and denying freedoms to minorities WANT and NEED you to worry about traffic cameras. They don't you want you spending any time and energy on fighting them.
1 post removed
Arthur

United States

#19902 Jul 18, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
We all disagree with it. But it's nothing new and it pales in comparison to denying equal rights both in terms of constitutional importance and its effect on people. You can't compare surveillance cameras on traffic lights to firing gay people for being gay. One is nuisance. The other is a destroyer of lives. I think that your anger is misguided intentionally by those that want your concern aimed elsewhere. Much like the way ignorant people spend their lives bitching about welfare while the top one percent hide their money, pay no taxes and move their corporate profits overseas. One is a miniscule problem so small it's hard to even measure. The other is trillion-dollar issue that affects how our cosiety functions. It's a bait-and-switch. Don't look here, LOOK OVER THERE! Leaders who decote their lives to protecting loopholes for the rich and denying freedoms to minorities WANT and NEED you to worry about traffic cameras. They don't you want you spending any time and energy on fighting them.
I dont need you to decide what should be important and what should be ignored. In your opinion certain things have more Constitutional importance and effects on people. That is your opinion, but mine is one of the greatest threats to this country and its effect on people is the governments illegal spying. It is far more than a nuisance to many liberty loving Americans. You must be borderline narcissist because you seem to think only the issues important to you should be the only issues important to everyone else. You can fight for gay rights, and btw I do think gay people should have the same rights as everyone else, but that doesnt mean it is the only thing I will speak out against. I will decide for myself what to speak out on, and you can do the same, but stop trying to force your opinions on me. I think the dangers to the foundation of the country by the governments illegal spying is far greater than a gay person denied marriage and dont need you to tell me what is important and what to speak up about.
Steven

Brooklyn, NY

#19903 Jul 18, 2013
Manchin
1 post removed
Arthur

United States

#19905 Jul 18, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
I think that your anger is misguided intentionally by those that want your concern aimed elsewhere.
I think it is you who is misguided, you are so focused on gay people that you cant see the government granting itself illegal and increasingly oppressive powers. If you think gay peoples right are oppressed now, just continue to ignore the governments illegal spying and see what happens. It will be far worse. I think you have your priorities out of order.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#19906 Jul 18, 2013
Crowley wrote:
Calm down Arthur, you're going to make another emotionally weak dumbocrat cry. They are not used to being challenged, and Oliar has told dumbocrats repeatedly that their opinion is the only one that matters.
Challenged? By a dumb tea bagger? Never happened.

Art, I'm not saying you shouldn't be concerned or not speak out. I'm just saying that your concerns appears misguided intentionally by people who want you to look at things that have a small impact on people while they do things that have a drastic impact.

And you never answered my question from before. Keeping in mind that this country has never in its entire history considered "all men equal," when was the time you were referring to when you said "return to the liberty-loving country we once were." When?
Arthur

United States

#19907 Jul 18, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Art, I'm not saying you shouldn't be concerned or not speak out. Keeping in mind that this country has never in its entire history considered "all men equal," when was the time you were referring to when you said "return to the liberty-loving country we once were." When?
Actually that is exactly what you said, that I shouldnt be speaking out about illegal spying and illegal police tracking because we have more important things to worry about like gay marriage.

A liberty loving country was a time before the government ignored the Constitution most importanly. A time when the government spied on its enemies, not its own citizens. A time when wars were fought because we had to, not out of greed. A time when the police used their time and resources going after criminals, not illegally tracking law abiding citizens. The time of liberty wasnt that long ago, and it is impossible to say specifically when it was lost. It has been a gradual thing but is greatly increasing in pace. The frog in the pot story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Build a new Civic Center..but can't drive on t... 3 min Trapper John MD 15
Dui 11 min Otis 24
Who is Heather? 21 min Paul allen 1
Bill Charnock - suicide 1 hr Anonymous 17
BREAKING NEWS: Bobbi Kristina dies 1 hr Fred 11
Create your own Forum 1 hr Concerned 334
Subway icon Jarred in BIG trouble 3 hr lettuce 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages