Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virginia in 2010?

Posted in the Charleston Forum

Comments (Page 889)

Showing posts 17,761 - 17,780 of43,741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Since: Sep 08

;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Hey Artie--The situation in Egypt? It's not nearly as simplistic as you think:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

Try to put your emotions in check long enough to read the entire article.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Sundog512 wrote:
Hey Artie--The situation in Egypt? It's not nearly as simplistic as you think:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
Try to put your emotions in check long enough to read the entire article.
I guess you have to be over 12 to understand the president could follow the law and still aid Egypt. But no worries, just ignore it like the rest of the mindless apathetic zombies. I will stop about Egypt since no one but me seems to care. I consider it one of the most serious violations and the future will show the precedent it helps set, that the president can ignore the law when he pleases with no consequences. I dont know why I waste my time, this country is doomed. The freedom loving country the our forefather founded is history. Most of the population is uninformed, apathetic idiots who are too stupid to understand the ramifications of what they ignore. Go ahead and make some more childish insults and continue to ignore it like the rest of the zombies.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Isn’t the United States supposed to cut off all military aid after a coup? In theory, yes. The Foreign Assistance Act, first passed back in 1961, says so quite clearly:“None of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available pursuant to this Act shall be obligated or expended to finance directly any assistance to the government of any country whose duly elected head of government is deposed by military coup or decree.”

But the U.S. government has long been flexible on this provision. As my colleague Max Fisher detailed at length,“while the U.S. often does follow this law, it tends to ignore or bypass it when it sees key national security interests at stake – which may well apply in Egypt.”

For instance, the Obama administration was slow in cutting aid to Honduras in 2009 after a coup there. And George W. Bush got a waiver to reinstate aid to Pakistan in 2001, even though then-leader Pervez Musharraf had pretty clearly come to power in a military coup.

I will ignore all the reasons the article mentions because as I said before, those are totally irrelevant to following the LAW.
I will say that just because, as the article states, "they tend to ignore or bypass it", doesnt make it right or legal. Bypassing is one thing. That is legal. And ohhh looky, your arch enemy GWB actually followed the law and got a waiver. That is all I am saying Obama should do. FOLLOW THE DAMN LAW! But who cares, dictator Obama can do as he pleases.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you have to be over 12 to understand the president could follow the law and still aid Egypt.
Well I guess that leaves you out, Artie.
Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>But no worries, just ignore it like the rest of the mindless apathetic zombies.
What? As long as we have warriors like you, Artie, we don't have to ignore it. You'll joust with windmills all day long.
Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>I will stop about Egypt since no one but me seems to care.
We can't all be 12, Artie. Besides, I am sure Cowardly cares. He doesn't like Obama either.

Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>I consider it one of the most serious violations and the future will show the precedent it helps set, that the president can ignore the law when he pleases with no consequences.
Yeah, I could just imagine the pissing and moaning you would be doing if he cut them off and they shut the Sianai Canal and your mom couldn't take you to soccer practice.
Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>I dont know why I waste my time, this country is doomed. The freedom loving country the our forefather founded is history. Most of the population is uninformed, apathetic idiots who are too stupid to understand the ramifications of what they ignore. Go ahead and make some more childish insults and continue to ignore it like the rest of the zombies.
Thanks, Artie, I will. Or would you rather I call you Norma Rae?

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Arthur wrote:
Isn’t the United States supposed to cut off all military aid after a coup? In theory, yes. The Foreign Assistance Act, first passed back in 1961, says so quite clearly:“None of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available pursuant to this Act shall be obligated or expended to finance directly any assistance to the government of any country whose duly elected head of government is deposed by military coup or decree.”
But the U.S. government has long been flexible on this provision. As my colleague Max Fisher detailed at length,“while the U.S. often does follow this law, it tends to ignore or bypass it when it sees key national security interests at stake – which may well apply in Egypt.”
For instance, the Obama administration was slow in cutting aid to Honduras in 2009 after a coup there. And George W. Bush got a waiver to reinstate aid to Pakistan in 2001, even though then-leader Pervez Musharraf had pretty clearly come to power in a military coup.
I will ignore all the reasons the article mentions because as I said before, those are totally irrelevant to following the LAW.
No they aren't, Artie. If you understood the consequences of abandoning Egypt--with their large army and control of the route that oil is shipped through, you might be reluctant to make this rash, emotional decision you are clinging to.
Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>I will say that just because, as the article states, "they tend to ignore or bypass it", doesnt make it right or legal. Bypassing is one thing. That is legal. And ohhh looky, your arch enemy GWB actually followed the law and got a waiver. That is all I am saying Obama should do. FOLLOW THE DAMN LAW! But who cares, dictator Obama can do as he pleases.
Ohhh Lawzee, Artie, you got your panties plumb in a twist here, don't you? I am sure if your fellow republicans thought they could use this law to impeach that mean old black man in office, they would. In the meantime, take a pill or something.
1 post removed
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
No they aren't, Artie. If you understood the consequences of abandoning Egypt--
You still dont get it. Obama can follow the law and not "abandon" Egypt. Its called a waiver, you know, like the one George Bush actually got. But ignore the truth and continue to defend the president breaking the law because it is inconvenient to follow it.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Crowley wrote:
<quoted text>
People like Arthur and I do care because we are not useless morons like you. We work for a living and give our hard earned money to the government who in turn passes it out to worthless pieces of crap like you in order to buy your vote. Boy, what a real man you are Stuck Fick.
No, you are useless morons like each other.

;)

Oh right, fox tells idiots like you and Arthur that all democrats are free-loaders. What they don't tell you is how to explain that the richest states in the country vote democratic and the poorest ones vote republican.

Anyone who is not like you is a "real man" Cowardly. Apparently everyone but you knows that.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

How do you know he is not getting a waiver in place? These things don't magically appear on his desk. They have to go through a process and because the situation is an on-going one in Egypt, we can't just turn our backs on them.

You don't. You just want to get all dramatic on us.

;)

How do we give that money to Egypt? Is it paid daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly? Have we given them money since the coup?
Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>You still dont get it. Obama can follow the law and not "abandon" Egypt. Its called a waiver, you know, like the one George Bush actually got. But ignore the truth and continue to defend the president breaking the law because it is inconvenient to follow it.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I guess that leaves you out, Artie.
<quoted text>
What? As long as we have warriors like you, Artie, we don't have to ignore it. You'll joust with windmills all day long.
<quoted text>
We can't all be 12, Artie. Besides, I am sure Cowardly cares. He doesn't like Obama either.
<quoted text>
Yeah, I could just imagine the pissing and moaning you would be doing if he cut them off and they shut the Sianai Canal and your mom couldn't take you to soccer practice.
<quoted text>
Thanks, Artie, I will. Or would you rather I call you Norma Rae?
Looks at all these childish insults, something a 12 year old would say. That is the best you can do? Maybe when you grow up you can have adult discussions without being rude and immature.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Sundog.....we can do off shore drilling and also on federal land. And if someone likes an idea and you do not then it is automaticlly a Fox news thing. Unlike you, I watch all and make a determination. And I could care less about the middle east. Who cares if Russia would gain controll? Plus Russia has tried before and lost big time. The people of that region are nut cases and are not affraid to die. Why must we police the world? Let us for a change, take care of our backyard and people.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks at all these childish insults, something a 12 year old would say. That is the best you can do? Maybe when you grow up you can have adult discussions without being rude and immature.
Sorry, Artie, I have a very low tolerance for butt-hurt whiners who can't see the bigger picture. Jousting with windmills is for idiots and mythical characters, and since you're not Don Quoxite, I have to deal,with you another way.

Now quit crying about the law and suck it up.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

We are doing offshore drilling and we are drilling on private land. If we are exporting gasoline, then there is not a shortage and no need to drill on federal lands. You, like most republicans, just want to bitch about something. Look up Williston ND and read all about the oil boom going on up there. Not on federal lands.

You will care if Russia gains control. Why the hell did people fight and die to stop the spread of Communism if you wimps just want to roll over and give them everything?

We're in NO position to walk away from the Middle East and neither are our allies.

The world is far too complex for your simple solutions.
Well Duh wrote:
Sundog.....we can do off shore drilling and also on federal land. And if someone likes an idea and you do not then it is automaticlly a Fox news thing. Unlike you, I watch all and make a determination. And I could care less about the middle east. Who cares if Russia would gain controll? Plus Russia has tried before and lost big time. The people of that region are nut cases and are not affraid to die. Why must we police the world? Let us for a change, take care of our backyard and people.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Sundog512 wrote:
How do you know he is not getting a waiver in place? These things don't magically appear on his desk. They have to go through a process and because the situation is an on-going one in Egypt, we can't just turn our backs on them.
You don't. You just want to get all dramatic on us.
;)
How do we give that money to Egypt? Is it paid daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly? Have we given them money since the coup?
<quoted text>
He wont bother with a waiver. He doesnt have to follow the law, he does as he pleases. Oh well. This is the country we have become and you are right, I guess I must accept the fact we have become a cowardly nanny state country with gestapo tactics with a president who ignores the law and the Constitution and does what he pleases. Life goes on... for now.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Sundog......Now you want to fight in the area? Your boy Obama has plans to be out by 2014. Going native all of a sudden. Are ya a closet republican? And it is only about oil so lets not act like it is something greater. We did not go against Hitler and Japan when they were gassing Jewish people until Pearl Harbor. So lets get off the noble crapper. When Russia was at full strength, they still could not take the middle east. And if it lead to it, do you think China and Russia could co-exist. Plus we would end up in World War 3. Maybe other countries would be involved besides us policeing the world. We are due for a real war.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>He wont bother with a waiver. He doesnt have to follow the law, he does as he pleases. Oh well. This is the country we have become and you are right, I guess I must accept the fact we have become a cowardly nanny state country with gestapo tactics with a president who ignores the law and the Constitution and does what he pleases. Life goes on... for now.
So you're not whining about the law, you're whining about Obama.

Yeah, thought so.

Seems like your fellow republicans would be all over this, Artie.

Maybe they know something you don't.

If that's the case, you're in sad shape.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Actually, we're talking about aid to Egypt. Do try to keep up.

Obama will be out of where in 2014?

Of course it's about oil. What have we been talking about all day?

Let me recap:

Egypt's security and oil.

Hope that helps.
Well Duh wrote:
Sundog......Now you want to fight in the area? Your boy Obama has plans to be out by 2014. Going native all of a sudden. Are ya a closet republican? And it is only about oil so lets not act like it is something greater. We did not go against Hitler and Japan when they were gassing Jewish people until Pearl Harbor. So lets get off the noble crapper. When Russia was at full strength, they still could not take the middle east. And if it lead to it, do you think China and Russia could co-exist. Plus we would end up in World War 3. Maybe other countries would be involved besides us policeing the world. We are due for a real war.

“what it is, is what it is!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>We are doing offshore drilling and we are drilling on private land. If we are exporting gasoline, then there is not a shortage and no need to drill on federal lands. You, like most republicans, just want to bitch about something. Look up Williston ND and read all about the oil boom going on up there. Not on federal lands.

You will care if Russia gains control. Why the hell did people fight and die to stop the spread of Communism if you wimps just want to roll over and give them everything?

We're in NO position to walk away from the Middle East and neither are our allies.

The world is far too complex for your simple solutions.
Why are we exporting oil, when at the same time importing oil from the Middle East? Why can't we just import the amount that we need and keep what we produce? That is just about as smart as what I used to do when I drove a truck. I used to pick up beer at one Bush plant and drive a thousand miles and deliver the beer to a warehouse 20 miles from another Bush plant. After that p/u a load at the plant near the warehouse I delivered at and take it to a warehouse near the first plant I p/u from. Also the beer was packaged the same and was the same beer in both loads. I know the reason why but can any of you answer it?
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Sundog....I know what we have been talking about. Now you have been sounding like a republican with your responses. And as far as troops, Obama has said it and your boys at CNN has reported he is doing it now and that was two weeks ago. I guess he will change his mind now.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're not whining about the law, you're whining about Obama.
Yeah, thought so.
Seems like your fellow republicans would be all over this, Artie.
Maybe they know something you don't.
If that's the case, you're in sad shape.
Actually I am whining about Obama BREAKING the law. SO that includes Obama and the law, get it?
And since I am not Republican by any means, once again in your delusional mind, anytime someone disagrees with you or Obama on anything they are secretly Republican. LOL
1 post removed

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

We're exporting gasoline. We're refining American oil into gasoline and exporting it. We get cheaper oil here, but we can sell gasoline on the world market at "world" prices--which are way higher than we have to pay here in the US.

Pretty smart if you ask me.
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are we exporting oil, when at the same time importing oil from the Middle East? Why can't we just import the amount that we need and keep what we produce? That is just about as smart as what I used to do when I drove a truck. I used to pick up beer at one Bush plant and drive a thousand miles and deliver the beer to a warehouse 20 miles from another Bush plant. After that p/u a load at the plant near the warehouse I delivered at and take it to a warehouse near the first plant I p/u from. Also the beer was packaged the same and was the same beer in both loads. I know the reason why but can any of you answer it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 17,761 - 17,780 of43,741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Charleston Forum right now

Search the Charleston Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kanawha county Prosecuters asleep at the wheel 14 min its about god syndrome 4
nobody knows singer dies 3 hr so sad 1
Have a Happy Easter 5 hr Reaper 18
Is old KC Shoney's going to be a Fat Patty's? 5 hr Tony 96
I'd rather __________. 5 hr Snu Snu 1
I kissed a girl & i liked it.... 5 hr TPB 4
lesbian skype (Mar '13) 5 hr TPB 103
•••
•••