hope

Huntington, WV

#11388 Mar 12, 2013
KingArthur wrote:
<quoted text>Concerns are legit and hold merit? Like the TSA searching people on the street?
Like the military holding drills in US cities for times of unrest?
Like the claim they are putting secret things in our food that is purposely killing people?
Like watching Alex Jones and believing his delusions to be true?
Like referencing the movie Minority Report as if it is happening?
Like claiming everyone is abnormally sick and on drugs?
Like promoting another revolution?
I could go on and on. You think these are legitimate concerns with merit? You think this person is a rational, informed thinker on the issues? If you actually believe that you are as moronic and delusional as she is.
wow. stop attacking me because i say things that upset your small-minded world. ALL of those questions are legit, your just too blind to notice that there's anything wrong. wake up, sheep.
hope

Huntington, WV

#11389 Mar 12, 2013
KingArthur wrote:
<quoted text>One more thing, our military spends TWICE as much per year as the next 6 countries COMBINED. We could cut military spending in half and it would still be a waste of money. A strong military able to defend itself, yes, but the military industrial complex this country is becoming is ridiculous.
good point. what is that $$ being spent on and why? <<just a question..you give me the answers since i'm so delusional and can't seem to figure it out.
hope

Huntington, WV

#11390 Mar 12, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones that I was referring to were...
"Why can American citizens be arrested and be detained without trial or charge?"
That has been going on for quite awhile and I do believe that to be true.
"Why are there military drills (in average US towns) for times of civil unrest?"
That also is true and has been going on for quite some time.
"Why haven't the men who committed major fraud (bankers) not being arrested?"
That too is also going on,some are caught and some are still out there committing fraud.
one last one...
"Why are corporations able to get by with what they do?"
There is a lot of corporations out there that are doing bad things or are behind some very bad things that is hurting our environment,endangering our health etc.
Some of those questions and a few more,I deem to deserve merits for because those are questions that we as American citizens should not only be asking but demanding truthful answers to and then demand something to be done about it.
Its bad that a lot of these things are going on today in our country but its even worse so if we just turn a blind eye to it and pretend that the problem doesn't exist.
thank you for understanding, sir.
hope

Huntington, WV

#11391 Mar 12, 2013
KingArthur wrote:
<quoted text>Seems for at least some part we agree. These were my previous answers to her questions, the ones you mention.
"Why can American citizens be arrested and be detained without trial or charge?"
Because our idotic politicians have allowed our rights to be taken away. This too is Unconstitutional.
"Why are there military drills (in average US towns) for times of civil unrest?"
Where are "military" drills being held in US towns "for times of unrest"? I havent seen anything to support this claim. Natural disaster readiness drills on the other hand are quite common and with purpose.
"Why haven't the men who committed major fraud (bankers) not being arrested?"
Many have been arrested. Not a real shocker people with money seem to be able to dodge the bullet easier than others. No that doesnt make it right, just reality.
one last one...
"Why are corporations able to get by with what they do?"
Because they have bribed our politicians and now heavily influence our government.
those "answers" just opens more questions.
Hello

Moorefield, WV

#11392 Mar 13, 2013
Isn't this really old news?
Patti Page

Little River, SC

#11393 Mar 13, 2013
call me a traitor but wrote:
I'm glad my mom isn't around to see this but I'm voting Republican this year for the first time in my life. I'm fed the @#$% up with present Democrats and the way things are going.
I THOUGHT OBAMA WAS GONNA FIX ALL THIS MESS' I fell for it .......last time..... I figured give him a chance. Not again.
Just my opinion
You are not a traitor...you are a wise person. I was born and raised in WV, family of Democrats. That was a different party then than it is now. I am sorry you fell for that nonsense from Obama but I can see how some would. I didn't and I'm thankful for that. Barack Obama hates Republicans but guess what...he doesn't really like the Democrats either. He cares nothing about this country or it's people,regardless of which party you belong to. Don't feel bad and vote what your conscience tells you to. Some people will follow Obama to the very end. The bitter end.
Buffalo, NY

#11394 Mar 14, 2013
Seems it is forbidden to post anything with the name Otis in the Craigsville forum. I wonder why? Who is Otis and why would the name Otis not be allowed to be mentioned? Got to love that karma.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#11395 Mar 14, 2013
once a democrat wrote:
how could u vote for any democrat? unless u want a handout. The umwa supports the democrats even though oboma is dead set against coal. Cecil Roberts was on the radio with Hoppy K. and only could say that the umwa would always back a democrat. That is why the umwa has dwendled down to nothing. Manchin is thick as theves with oboma. Take a look at this country, we are headed for a fall. Get thoes dead beats out and try someone else. That is what oboma's platform was last time. How do you like your change now?
I wonder what your beliefs are now or are you still hellbent on believing the worst about this President?

You are the worst of your kind. You make people like you feel shame for being in need. Thank God President Obama is still in office, because had the other guy gotten in the 47%, of which you are a member, would be having your asses handed to you. The republican house would be voting to privatize the SS and to gut Medicare to a voucher system where you would be taking care of your elderly mother or father.

The democrats are more than a handout and I am so proud of us. We are more than our brother's keepers, we live our Chritianity by looking out for each other. I give a hand UP to a person and that person will pay it forward and give a hand UP to the next person seeking to better their own conditions. Only a "christian republican" could regard an open hand as a handout.

There's a saying, "If you want to live like a republican, you should vote like a democrat".
Crowley

Fairmont, WV

#11396 Mar 14, 2013
WowTheBoogieDown wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder what your beliefs are now or are you still hellbent on believing the worst about this President?
You are the worst of your kind. You make people like you feel shame for being in need. Thank God President Obama is still in office, because had the other guy gotten in the 47%, of which you are a member, would be having your asses handed to you. The republican house would be voting to privatize the SS and to gut Medicare to a voucher system where you would be taking care of your elderly mother or father.
The democrats are more than a handout and I am so proud of us. We are more than our brother's keepers, we live our Chritianity by looking out for each other. I give a hand UP to a person and that person will pay it forward and give a hand UP to the next person seeking to better their own conditions. Only a "christian republican" could regard an open hand as a handout.
There's a saying, "If you want to live like a republican, you should vote like a democrat".
The ramblings of yet one more dumb ass democrat.
KingArthur

United States

#11397 Mar 14, 2013
Crowley wrote:
<quoted text>
The ramblings of yet one more dumb ass democrat.
Pointing out that talking Christian is meaningless, acting Christian is what is important is rambling? Spoken like a true "Christian" Republican. Pun intended.
James

Daniels, WV

#11398 Mar 14, 2013
Joe Manchin without a dought :-)
Love

Beckley, WV

#11399 Mar 15, 2013
What does old Joe think about the Israel Lobby?

Since the Big O is getting ready to go over to Israel next week and as we saber rattle on Iran I wonder.

THE ISRAEL LOBBY AND U.S. FOREIGN POLICY

John J. Mearsheimer
University of Chicago

Stephen M. Walt
Harvard University

March 2006

The U.S. national interest should be the primary object of American foreign
policy. For the past several decades, however, and especially since the Six Day War in 1967, the centerpiece of U.S. Middle East policy has been its relationship
with Israel. The combination of unwavering U.S. support for Israel and the
related effort to spread democracy throughout the region has inflamed Arab and
Islamic opinion and jeopardized U.S. security.

This situation has no equal in American political history. Why has the United
States been willing to set aside its own security in order to advance the intere
sts of another state? One might assume that the bond between the two countries is
based on shared strategic interests or compelling moral imperatives. As we
show below, however, neither of those explanations can account for the
remarkable level of material and diplomatic support that the United States
provides to Israel.

Instead, the overall thrust of U.S. policy in the region is due almost entirely
to U.S. domestic politics, and especially to the activities of the “Israel Lobby.”
Other special interest groups have managed to skew U.S. foreign policy in directions
they favored, but no lobby has managed to divert U.S. foreign policy as far from
what the American national interest would otherwise suggest, while
simultaneously convincing Americans that U.S. and Israeli interests are
essentially identical.1

In the pages that follow, we describe how the Lobby has accomplished this feat,
and how its activities have shaped America’s actions in this critical region.
Given the strategic importance of the Middle East and its potential impact on
others, both Americans and non&#8208;Americans need to understand and address the
Lobby’s influence on U.S. policy.

Some readers will find this analysis disturbing, but the facts recounted here are not in serious dispute among scholars. Indeed, our account relies heavily on the
work of Israeli scholars and journalists, who deserve great credit for shedding
light on these issues.
THE GREAT BENEFACTOR

Since the October War in 1973, Washington has provided Israel with a level of
support dwarfing the amounts provided to any other state. It has been the
largest annual recipient of direct U.S. economic and military assistance since 1976
and the largest total recipient since World War II. Total direct U.S. aid to Israel
amounts to well over $140 billion in 2003 dollars.2 Israel receives about $3 billion
in direct foreign assistance each year, which is roughly one&#8208;fifth of America’s
foreign aid budget. In per capita terms, the United States gives each Israeli a

direct subsidy worth about $500 per year.
3 This largesse is especially striking
when one realizes that Israel is now a wealthy industrial state with a per capita
income roughly equal to South Korea or Spain.4 ....

This extraordinary generosity might be understandable if Israel were a vital
strategic asset or if there were a compelling moral case for sustained U.S.
backing. But neither rationale is convincing.

A STRATEGIC LIABILITY ..... MUCH MORE ...
Love

Beckley, WV

#11400 Mar 15, 2013
Maybe I should add the link too.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n06/john-mearsheimer...

Since the Big O is getting ready to go over to Israel next week and as we saber rattle on Iran I wonder.

John J. Mearsheimer
University of Chicago

Stephen M. Walt
Harvard University

March 2006

policy. For the past several decades, however, and especially since the Six Day War in 1967, the centerpiece of U.S. Middle East policy has been its relationship

States been willing to set aside its own security in order to advance the intere
sts of another state? One might assume that the bond between the two countries is
provides to Israel.

to U.S. domestic politics, and especially to the activities of the “Israel Lobby.”
Other special interest groups have managed to skew U.S. foreign policy in directions
they favored, but no lobby has managed to divert U.S. foreign policy as far from
essentially identical.1

others, both Americans and non&#8208;Americans need to understand and address the

Some readers will find this analysis disturbing, but the facts recounted here are not in serious dispute among scholars. Indeed, our account relies heavily on the
light on these issues.
THE GREAT BENEFACTOR

largest annual recipient of direct U.S. economic and military assistance since 1976
and the largest total recipient since World War II. Total direct U.S. aid to Israel
amounts to well over $140 billion in 2003 dollars.2 Israel receives about $3 billion
in direct foreign assistance each year, which is roughly one&#8208;fifth of America’s

when one realizes that Israel is now a wealthy industrial state with a per capita

Obama

Charleston, WV

#11401 Mar 15, 2013
Nobody cares about you WV inbred hillbillys!
1 post removed
hope

Huntington, WV

#11403 Mar 15, 2013
Love wrote:
John J. Mearsheimer
University of Chicago
Stephen M. Walt
Harvard University
March 2006
provides to Israel.
essentially identical.1
light on these issues.
THE GREAT BENEFACTOR
thanks for posting this! I'm so proud of my country for it's support of the nation state, Israel. They hold dear to their hearts the same values as us - Racism, hatred, supporters of genocide and above all else, freedom! I've always dreamed of living in Nazi Germany and my wish has been granted!

Zionists and American citizens unite to make the world a more evil and morally disgusting place!

(satire of course)
hope

Huntington, WV

#11404 Mar 15, 2013
Love wrote:
John J. Mearsheimer
University of Chicago
Stephen M. Walt
Harvard University
March 2006
provides to Israel.
essentially identical.1
light on these issues.
THE GREAT BENEFACTOR
thanks for posting this!!

I love the nation state, Israel, they deserve our country's full support! Racism, hate, genocide, and overall moral perversion are values I can stand behind! I've always dreamed of living in Nazi Germany, and my wish is being fulfilled, all thanks to the USA!

Zionists and Americans unite! Let's bring Satan's vision of a tormented and gruesome world to life!:) Pro-Israel!!

(satire, of course)
Zaphod

Alexandria, VA

#11405 Mar 15, 2013
hope wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for posting this!!

I love the nation state, Israel, they deserve our country's full support! Racism, hate, genocide, and overall moral perversion are values I can stand behind! I've always dreamed of living in Nazi Germany, and my wish is being fulfilled, all thanks to the USA!

Zionists and Americans unite! Let's bring Satan's vision of a tormented and gruesome world to life!:) Pro-Israel!!

(satire, of course)
You're a nut.

No satire, sarcasm, or pun

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#11406 Mar 15, 2013
You people are so sick. Israel deserves our protection and care. After we delayed helping them during WWII. They deserve the land that was promised them by God when God made a promise to Abraham. I never anywhere in the Bible see where he promised the land to the Palestinians. There really never was any land called Palestine. Read through history before it was owned by the Israelites is was owed by Egypt. Egypt gave it up.
hope

Huntington, WV

#11407 Mar 15, 2013
God promised to protect Abraham's offspring.

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam come from the God of Abraham. Palestinians are included in the promise.:(

that area of the middle east is where Jesus spread His message!
hope

Huntington, WV

#11408 Mar 15, 2013
http://www.wcfia.harvard.edu/sites/default/fi...

Harvard explains what I'm trying to tell you better than I can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting in the Town Center mall 2 min abbagoochie 3
Carmen Valentinte (Mar '14) 1 hr Wifey 14
WV PSC Gives AEP More Riches - PSC MUST GO !! 1 hr Kill the PSC 1
Thieves on campbells creek (Nov '12) 2 hr a creeker 534
harmon road trash (Oct '12) 3 hr r wilmoth 5
Josh holbert 3 hr nuff said 2
Will anyone take Dr Derakhshan's prescriptions? (Sep '14) 5 hr Worried 43
More from around the web

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE