Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Obama Flip Flops

Clarksburg, WV

#9673 Oct 15, 2012
D.C. Handgun Ban

Obama supported the D.C. hand gun ban before agreeing with the Supreme Court decision that it “went beyond constitutional limits.”

School Voucher Program

Barack Obama suggested he would support a D.C. voucher program before opposing it and eventually cutting funding to it.

Decriminalizing Marijuana

Obama told students in 2004 he supported decriminalizing marijuana usage, but opposed it during his run for president. He has yet to take significant steps to decriminalize marijuana as President.

Union Support

“In January [2008], the Obama campaign described union contributions to the campaigns of Clinton and John Edwards as ‘special interest’ money. Obama changed his tune as he began gathering his own union endorsements. Since gaining his own union support, Obama refers respectfully to unions as the representatives of ‘working people’ and says he is ‘thrilled’ by their support.”

Abortion

Obama disagreed with the Supreme Court decision upholding a ban on partial birth abortion and had a 100% NARAL rating in 2006, 2007 and 2008, but while being interviewed by a Christian magazine Obama said that “mental distress” should not count as a “health of the mother” exception to a ban.

Wearing a U.S. Flag Pin

Obama refused to wear a flag pin during the 2008 primaries because he considered them a substitute for “true patriotism”, but he started wearing it again once the primaries were over.

Welfare Reform

Obama called Bill Clinton’s 1996 Welfare Reform legislation “disturbing” at the time it was passed, but he celebrated the reforms and what they resulted in once running for president.

Jeremiah Wright

When videos of the controversial remarks of Obama’s long time pastor and mentor, Reverand Jeremiah Wright, first appeared, the President said he can no more disown Wright than his white grandmother. Once it became even clearer that Wright was an extreme individual, Obama did disown and disassociate himself from Wright.

Accepting Donations from Lobbyists

Obama had a campaign pledge to not accept political contributions from lobbyists, yet Obama accepted money from registered airline lobbyist Ron Klein.

No Lobbyists

President Obama promised and made a campaign issue of not have a revolving door of lobbyists joining and leaving his administration, but has consistently violated this pledge by providing waivers to circumvent this promise.
JCK

Clarksburg, WV

#9674 Oct 15, 2012
Of course, when you don't agree with a black man your racist. What are you then? What is someone who disagrees with a white man called? "Chicken Eyes" thanks for educating us.
hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text> ROMNEY has CHICKEN eyes.
Just curious

United States

#9675 Oct 15, 2012
I'm not as long winded nor do I have the time that you obviously do to spend on here. I just have a few questions.

Who is making money off sending our american jobs overseas?

Who has fired american workers and eliminated thousands of american jobs?

Who keeps his millions of dollars in out of country banks?

Who has millions of dollars invested in China?

Due to his actions, who should be held responsible for the struggles these displaced workers are now dealing with?
Farmgirl

Rupert, WV

#9676 Oct 15, 2012
Obama Flip Flops! Way to go. I sure did not mind reading it all in one condensed, truthful, factual place. Glad you took the time to enlighten those that probably don't read that much in a month. I appreciated all the information in one condensed format. I read nothing to suspect you of racism. I think you did a great job.. You did what I would not take the time on this formum to even try. Love it!! Always hard to fight facts you don't want to believe unless with degrogatory remarks.
when

Summersville, WV

#9677 Oct 15, 2012
where
JCK

Clarksburg, WV

#9678 Oct 15, 2012
Oh how misleading your questions are.
Many people holler and wail about Bain Capital costing people their jobs. Keep in mind, Bain founded and funded several companies, which created and saved jobs. When they weren't doing this, they were acquiring companies. Once acquired, some of these companies would see layoffs as a means to cut operating costs and become profitable.

Once profitable, these companies were either sold or nurtured further along and continued to grow. 90% of the time or more, these companies hired more people than were originally laid off. Very few companies that were funded, acquired or founded by Bain were not successful. A few went bankrupt. Interestingly, all of them went bankrupt after Romney was no longer leading Bain Capital. He had the loss of his parents in the mid-90's as well as illness to his wife. After that he went and led the olympic games. You could argue that had he stayed those companies may not have gone under and those employees may have kept their jobs. Different discussion.

The truth is, if you look at the net job creation or job loss, Bain Capital directly created thousands if not millions of jobs. You might be surprised to hear about some of the companies they helped with funding. You might be surprised to know about some of the companies they founded. You might be surprised to know about some of the companies they once acquired and later sold. Of course, the Left and anti-Romney Republicans want you to focus on those few companies that went bankrupt or those that had jobs cut after acquisition. Keep in mind, they cut those jobs to make the company profitable again so that it could grow. Many of them did grow and hire people again. If you look at just the point of acquisition that might look bad. If you take a holistic look at what Romney and Bain accomplished, they were responsible for the growth of hundreds of very successful companies who have hired thousands if not millions of people collectively.

Overseas misconceptions were addressed during debate.

My company is laying off 30 employees next year. Who can I blame for that?
Just curious wrote:
I'm not as long winded nor do I have the time that you obviously do to spend on here. I just have a few questions.
Who is making money off sending our american jobs overseas?
Who has fired american workers and eliminated thousands of american jobs?
Who keeps his millions of dollars in out of country banks?
Who has millions of dollars invested in China?
Due to his actions, who should be held responsible for the struggles these displaced workers are now dealing with?
Angel

Springfield, NJ

#9679 Oct 15, 2012
Farmgirl wrote:
<quoted text> Basically the incidence of suicide is directly related to the long your legs to an explosive device or
they cross borders back and forth from Syria and
Iraq? These people thrive on unrest and
bloodshed. It is historically proven. I'm most sorry
we ever became involved, but remember Who
demolished the World Trade Center. Is it so
easy in a comfortable lifestyle to forget about
them. I think that people who feel so strongly that
USA is such a horrible country, should packr
ups by the Cabinets at this point, I'm not sure
who knows what is going on. I don't like either
candidate, but to delay decisions about situations
like Libya and our troops, Medicare and so many
other items, until after election is repugnant to
me. AND please don't forget they were
murdering entire villages of their own people
before we ever stepped on their soil. Have you
forgotten the torture and atrocities committed by
Hussein, his sons and his thugs? Maybe you are
even one of those people that thinks the
Holcaust never even happpened. It is not all
black and white. I hope I misunderstood your
inference that our soldiers are killing themselves
because of the things they are doing while
deployed. If that is in fact your opinion, you sure
don't knowmany soldiers.
Okay, this post will be a long one, I hope you
read it all.
I do suggest that soldiers are killing themselves For what they've seen and done overseas. You can get on several support sites and read their stories. It is unjust for u aswell to make assumptions. You really think men are committing suicide because they miss their families and mess up relationships? Yeah...right. That kind of stuff happens to ppl all the time and they are able to live with themselves. You r so blind and in denial about the harshness of the subject. If ununderstand basic psychology, you will realize a soldiers situation.
And I wish almost more than anything that I could move out of this country. I am not however free to do so. Capitalism has me trapped into financial slavery.
Our government controls USA foreign policy. Duh. Have u heard of the pentagon? You're even saying yourself that there are coverups, Wikileaks are uncovering them!!!!!!! Look up who Bradley manning is. He is a real American hero.
Do not dare insult Julian assange or wiki leaks! It's one of the most important things to happen in our lifetime. It's real journalism, Julian assange should be given the Nobel peace prize. Wikileaks allow us to see governnt documents and real footage of the stuff that is hidden from us. How is it like a gossip train??? Please explain further?! Jerk. I reiterate, search Bradley manning.
Next, u say that Hussein was commuting acts of murder and torture against his citizens so somehow that gives our military the right to do it,
that's stupid. Murder is always wrong. Just
because we claim that it's in the name of
patriotism, freedom, and democracy does not
make it okay.
Last, I don't understand how my post would leave u to believe that I am a holocaust denier.
More like the exact opposite. I've been to
auschwitz, I've seen the remnants of it, that
experiencer gas made me extra sensitive to
those people who are being harmed and treated
in such an inhumane way.
The reason this war has gone on so long is
because of ppl like you, who are in denial about
how disturbing this war is. If you would wake up
then maybe the American ppl could gather
enough strength to demand our leaders to stop it. Someday the truth will surface and u will feel very foolish.
Farmgirl

Rupert, WV

#9680 Oct 15, 2012
I hope you find a way to leave my country. You omitted the comments of long deployments, maiming, body disfigurement, brain injuries and the list is endless. I have served "my" country. My son has served in this war. I would like it to be over tomorrow, but unfortunately all wars have not been only political. You have the right to your opinion on a public forum such as this because of those that served and sacrificed. I'm sure if finances is your only hold back from leaving, many AMERICANS would be happy to start a fund to get you out of our country.
Farmgirl

Rupert, WV

#9681 Oct 15, 2012
Oh, I did forget to tell you I have visited Auschwitz and have spent probably more hours than you've been alive supporting and counseling those in the exact situations you think you know so much about. Granted, I read your entire reply. I think you are an ungrateful person that does not deserve to call themselves an American and I hope you sure find a way to leave our country and FAST! Don't bother to reply to my comment as you could have absolutely nothing I would want to hear. Have a good life somewhere else.
Q

Logan, WV

#9682 Oct 16, 2012
call me a traitor but wrote:
I'm glad my mom isn't around to see this but I'm voting Republican this year for the first time in my life. I'm fed the @#$% up with present Democrats and the way things are going.
I THOUGHT OBAMA WAS GONNA FIX ALL THIS MESS' I fell for it .......last time..... I figured give him a chance. Not again.
Just my opinion
U r probably to young to remember Reagan as president. U think its bad now. If Romney gets elected their will b a whole lot more miners out of work. I thought the same as you. I voted for Ronald Reagan for President & I ended up in the Army. Things got a whole lot worse around here. Mark my words. I want u to remember what Romney does for WV. We have been mining record amounts of coal to spite Obama. I hope u r one of the 53% of Americans that Romney thinks will do well under his administration. I'm telling u now it will be 1% of the people & they r filthy rich already.
War

Belle, WV

#9683 Oct 16, 2012
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, this post will be a long one, I hope you
read it all.
I do suggest that soldiers are killing themselves For what they've seen and done overseas. You can get on several support sites and read their stories. It is unjust for u aswell to make assumptions. You really think men are committing suicide because they miss their families and mess up relationships? Yeah...right. That kind of stuff happens to ppl all the time and they are able to live with themselves. You r so blind and in denial about the harshness of the subject. If ununderstand basic psychology, you will realize a soldiers situation.
And I wish almost more than anything that I could move out of this country. I am not however free to do so. Capitalism has me trapped into financial slavery.
Our government controls USA foreign policy. Duh. Have u heard of the pentagon? You're even saying yourself that there are coverups, Wikileaks are uncovering them!!!!!!! Look up who Bradley manning is. He is a real American hero.
Do not dare insult Julian assange or wiki leaks! It's one of the most important things to happen in our lifetime. It's real journalism, Julian assange should be given the Nobel peace prize. Wikileaks allow us to see governnt documents and real footage of the stuff that is hidden from us. How is it like a gossip train??? Please explain further?! Jerk. I reiterate, search Bradley manning.
Next, u say that Hussein was commuting acts of murder and torture against his citizens so somehow that gives our military the right to do it,
that's stupid. Murder is always wrong. Just
because we claim that it's in the name of
patriotism, freedom, and democracy does not
make it okay.
Last, I don't understand how my post would leave u to believe that I am a holocaust denier.
More like the exact opposite. I've been to
auschwitz, I've seen the remnants of it, that
experiencer gas made me extra sensitive to
those people who are being harmed and treated
in such an inhumane way.
The reason this war has gone on so long is
because of ppl like you, who are in denial about
how disturbing this war is. If you would wake up
then maybe the American ppl could gather
enough strength to demand our leaders to stop it. Someday the truth will surface and u will feel very foolish.
Let me see,this war is for what? To free some folks? Who started is war? Is the one who said lets go to war fighting in it? Why do people join the military?Is it because the are brave?Or is it because they want a job and they are not rich? How come the vietnam vets have the same problems as these vets?
hillbilly

United States

#9684 Oct 16, 2012
War wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see,this war is for what? To free some folks? Who started is war? Is the one who said lets go to war fighting in it? Why do people join the military?Is it because the are brave?Or is it because they want a job and they are not rich? How come the vietnam vets have the same problems as these vets?
I think "WE should take a study group of young people the same size as an army division and see how their life go's along?.
hillbilly

United States

#9685 Oct 16, 2012
Q wrote:
<quoted text>
U r probably to young to remember Reagan as president. U think its bad now. If Romney gets elected their will b a whole lot more miners out of work. I thought the same as you. I voted for Ronald Reagan for President & I ended up in the Army. Things got a whole lot worse around here. Mark my words. I want u to remember what Romney does for WV. We have been mining record amounts of coal to spite Obama. I hope u r one of the 53% of Americans that Romney thinks will do well under his administration. I'm telling u now it will be 1% of the people & they r filthy rich already.
Mr.ALL you have too do is look at republican congress to see what is wrong with this country.And if you let ROMNEY in ",poor MEXICANS," WILL BE WORKING YOUR JOB.
Angel

Ardsley, NY

#9686 Oct 16, 2012
Farmgirl wrote:
I hope you find a way to leave my country. You omitted the comments of long deployments, maiming, body disfigurement, brain injuries and the list is endless. I have served "my" country. My son has served in this war. I would like it to be over tomorrow, but unfortunately all wars have not been only political. You have the right to your opinion on a public forum such as this because of those that served and sacrificed. I'm sure if finances is your
only hold back from leaving, many AMERICANS
would be happy to start a fund to get you out of
our country.
I only deleted part of your comment because of the limit on characters. Please start that fund for me, I beg you! I have the right to this because of ww2, since then America has had no real threat from any other country. This war has nothing to
do with my freedom. I'm not ungrateful towards
Anyone. I am not attacking our soldiers, I
Respect them. And just because you didn't see battle doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
Angel

Ardsley, NY

#9687 Oct 16, 2012
War wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, these are the questions everyone should be asking themselves. The answers reveal a lot about the nature of our military.
Angel

Ardsley, NY

#9688 Oct 16, 2012
Farmgirl wrote:
Oh, I did forget to tell you I have visited Auschwitz and have spent probably more hours than you've been alive supporting and counseling those in the exact situations you think you know so much about. Granted, I read your entire reply. I think you are an ungrateful person that does not deserve to call themselves an American and I hope you sure find a way to leave our country and FAST! Don't bother to reply to my comment as you could
have absolutely nothing I would want to hear.
Have a good life somewhere else.

Oh, these are words not from my mouth but someone else's
http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2007/07/stor...

There are hundreds of these sites available.

If anyone truly cares about the war, check it out.
Hank Fazon

Charleston, WV

#9689 Oct 16, 2012
Joe Manchin will get my vote. John Raese walked out of a DEBATE because of the Mountain Party Candidate. What type of person walks out?
JCK

Clarksburg, WV

#9690 Oct 16, 2012
I am assuming that was sarcastic, right. Romney will let the Mexicans in......OMG
hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text> Mr.ALL you have too do is look at republican congress to see what is wrong with this country.And if you let ROMNEY in ",poor MEXICANS," WILL BE WORKING YOUR JOB.
JCK

Clarksburg, WV

#9691 Oct 16, 2012
He walked out bc he saw quickly that he was set up. No coincidence that the Mountain Party dude was called last minute. Also no coincidence that the MP dude has no chance so him even being there made no sense. Obviously something Manchin cooked up for someone to have his back. Just like Obama.....can't run on his own record so instead instills fear into voters.
Hank Fazon wrote:
Joe Manchin will get my vote. John Raese walked out of a DEBATE because of the Mountain Party Candidate. What type of person walks out?
JCK

Clarksburg, WV

#9692 Oct 16, 2012
http://www.gopusa.com/freshink/2012/10/15/coa...

Did you hear about how Obama made a commercial in Ohion lying about coal miners and Romney? Well, this site lets you view the actual commercial being aired in Ohio as well as the YouTube statement the miners recorded. Shocking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Car wash 26 min Jessie 1
Supreme court says NO to strict abortion law 52 min FOVR 9
Clean Coal Joe (May '14) 1 hr LAWYERS 84
Where is the Justice? Hard to let it go! 1 hr My opinion 44
Cut want his vette back 1 hr LeaveMeAlone 1
andrew palmer scamming flood victims 1 hr flood donations 1
Suddenlink Charging for Flood Damaged Boxes 1 hr Listen Up Bill Cole 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages