Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#54252 Jun 24, 2014
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#54253 Jun 24, 2014
joe manchin is a flip flopper .. google it if ya dont believe me. get rid of him. he clucking you.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#54254 Jun 24, 2014
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
http://www.motherjones.com/env ironment/2014/06/tackling-clim ate-change-would-grow-global-e conomy-world-bank-says
Part 2
In an article in the New York Times, Henry Paulson, secretary of treasury under George Bush, called for a carbon tax and said it would be folly for the US to remain heavily invested in a carbon-intensive economy.
"We're staring down a climate bubble that poses enormous risks to both our environment and economy. The warning signs are clear and growing more urgent as the risks go unchecked," he wrote. "I feel as if I'm watching as we fly in slow motion on a collision course toward a giant mountain. We can see the crash coming, and yet we're sitting on our hands rather than altering course."
Paulson is due to come out with his own report on climate risks later on Tuesday.
In the World Bank report, economists looked at the effects of specific policies in six regions—Brazil, China, the European Union, India, Mexico, and the United States—that are both leaders in the world economy and global emissions.
None of the policies involved putting an economy-wide price on carbon emissions. Instead, the bank used computer modelling to gauge the effects of specific measures—such as installing dedicated bus lanes in India or clean cook stoves in China, or introducing more efficient air conditioning and other building systems in Mexico.
The annual benefits of those policies included GDP growth of between $1.8 trillion and $2.6 trillion—which was an estimated 1.5 percent higher than under a business as usual scenario, the bank said.
It said the pro-climate policies would have other knock-on benefits including avoiding 94,000 deaths a year due to air pollution.
whats wrong with the climate ? you do know global warming has fizzled out the last 5 years. however there are still some alarmists clutching for funding to keep their jobs. in two years they will be gone. no more mooolah.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#54255 Jun 24, 2014
im always asking ... whats wrong with the climate and no one seems to be able to answer.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#54256 Jun 24, 2014
while skipping around in google for the list of lies mother jones has printed i found this ..... http://www.cato.org/blog/why-obama-trying-mak...
Yes it is me

Dunbar, WV

#54257 Jun 24, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
joe manchin is a flip flopper .. google it if ya dont believe me. get rid of him. he clucking you.
No he is not a flip flopper. He is human and humans need time to think things over and ponder on changes around them and the beliefs they have. Joes biggest problem is he has a very kind heart and is a very emotional person. Some people see this as a weakness but I don't. When we had the coal mining tragedies in WV Joe went to the mines and comforted families, friends and all who cared to listen. I watched him stay long hours to be with everyone and there was no political motivation in it for him. He did it because he is a good man and his heart goes out to people in times of tragedy. I have guns and I have owned them all of my adult life but I also wish I knew a way to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people, criminals or any other undeserving person. He saw all of the innocent children being killed and it made him ponder his own deeply rooted beliefs. Big deal roo. Of all people you know what guns can do but I'll bet you still have some around your house. I have a memory that you would not believe and hang on to every word my topixs partners utter. I am not picking on you but you have thought long and hard about this issue...give him a chance to kick it around as well but you will find in the end he is WV through and through...guarantee.
West Virginia Land owner

Belpre, OH

#54258 Jun 24, 2014
http://www.motherjones.com/env ironment/2014/06/tackling-clim ate-change-would-grow-global-e conomy-world-bank-says
Part 2
In an article in the New York Times, Henry Paulson, secretary of treasury under George Bush, called for a carbon tax and said it would be folly for the US to remain heavily invested in a carbon-intensive economy.
"We're staring down a climate bubble that poses enormous risks to both our environment and economy. The warning signs are clear and growing more urgent as the risks go unchecked," he wrote. "I feel as if I'm watching as we fly in slow motion on a collision course toward a giant mountain. We can see the crash coming, and yet we're sitting on our hands rather than altering course."
Paulson is due to come out with his own report on climate risks later on Tuesday.
In the World Bank report, economists looked at the effects of specific policies in six regions—Brazil, China, the European Union, India, Mexico, and the United States—that are both leaders in the world economy and global emissions.
None of the policies involved putting an economy-wide price on carbon emissions. Instead, the bank used computer modelling to gauge the effects of specific measures—such as installing dedicated bus lanes in India or clean cook stoves in China, or introducing more efficient air conditioning and other building systems in Mexico.
The annual benefits of those policies included GDP growth of between $1.8 trillion and $2.6 trillion—which was an estimated 1.5 percent higher than under a business as usual scenario, the bank said.
It said the pro-climate policies would have other knock-on benefits including avoiding 94,000 deaths a year due to air pollution.
Here is the nut job speaking about toilet paper who wrote your article in Mother Jones :
Suzanne Goldenberg
She is nothing but a wacko tree hugger , climate change alarmist.
If you believe what she says you would believe anything.

"American taste for soft toilet roll 'worse than driving Hummers': Extra-soft, quilted and multi-ply toilet roll made from virgin forest causes more damage than gas-guzzlers, fast food, or McMansions"

- Headline from an article in 'The Guardian.'

'

"People don't understand that softness equals ecological destruction." - Allen Hershkowitz

Better yet, maybe these clowns should stop wiping all together.**
West Virginia Land owner

Belpre, OH

#54259 Jun 24, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
while skipping around in google for the list of lies mother jones has printed i found this ..... http://www.cato.org/blog/why-obama-trying-mak...
Mother Jones is about as credible as the BS about climate change and liberal politics as you can read in Rolling Stone magazine...A bunch of burnt out air heads/pot heads..
West Virginia Land owner

Belpre, OH

#54260 Jun 24, 2014
Here you liberal idiots...jump on board this scam...I suppose you really believe in this BS.?
http://www.carbontax.org/
Abolish the IRS

Belpre, OH

#54261 Jun 24, 2014
Lets do away with the IRS and go to a national sales tax. IE : for example 5 %...You pay 5% on a loaf of bread or 5 %on a yacht...
Every time someone buys something they pay the same percentage no matter what the item is. The illegal immigrants , the tourists , the criminals ,the welfare recipients would not be able to avoid paying the tax. Quit taxing interest earned on savings etc , the only time you would be taxed on it is when you spent any of the money. This would be the only fair way to tax people or corporations.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#54262 Jun 24, 2014
Yes it is me wrote:
<quoted text> No he is not a flip flopper. He is human and humans need time to think things over and ponder on changes around them and the beliefs they have. Joes biggest problem is he has a very kind heart and is a very emotional person. Some people see this as a weakness but I don't. When we had the coal mining tragedies in WV Joe went to the mines and comforted families, friends and all who cared to listen. I watched him stay long hours to be with everyone and there was no political motivation in it for him. He did it because he is a good man and his heart goes out to people in times of tragedy. I have guns and I have owned them all of my adult life but I also wish I knew a way to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people, criminals or any other undeserving person. He saw all of the innocent children being killed and it made him ponder his own deeply rooted beliefs. Big deal roo. Of all people you know what guns can do but I'll bet you still have some around your house. I have a memory that you would not believe and hang on to every word my topixs partners utter. I am not picking on you but you have thought long and hard about this issue...give him a chance to kick it around as well but you will find in the end he is WV through and through...guarantee.
i just dont like him siding with obama then talking out the side of his mouth. one min for obama care the next min he flip flops. so i guess none of us really know what he thinks. that way he pleases everybody and hopes he can remain in office. wasnt he just elected for another round in 2012 ? hes safe then.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#54263 Jun 24, 2014
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#54264 Jun 24, 2014
West Virginia Land owner wrote:
Here you liberal idiots...jump on board this scam...I suppose you really believe in this BS.?
none of this chit is going to happen libbys. your tax to control mother nature will not be approved. nobody likes spewing smoke stacks but as time goes by the grandfathered in factorys etc will drop off to the wayside. right now we need them. in 100 tears they will be gone youll see. dont be alarmists. ok.? obama/gore have you running scared, worried to death, anxious and afraid. you have to cope, cope by asking yourselves ... do obama/gore lie ? then your will not worry so much about what they tell you libs..

“Save light, save coal.”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

#54265 Jun 24, 2014
West Virginia Land owner wrote:
If you bothered to read the article I posted, you would know that all the economic and energy adjustments in the calculations were done without any carbon tax.
I posted that to annoy BS george, but this must be his bowling night, or there's a Clint Eastwood marathon on some movie channel.

“Save light, save coal.”

Clarksburg, WV

#54266 Jun 24, 2014
Abolish the IRS wrote:
Lets do away with the IRS and go to a national sales tax. IE : for example 5 %...You pay 5% on a loaf of bread or 5 %on a yacht...
Every time someone buys something they pay the same percentage no matter what the item is. The illegal immigrants , the tourists , the criminals ,the welfare recipients would not be able to avoid paying the tax. Quit taxing interest earned on savings etc , the only time you would be taxed on it is when you spent any of the money. This would be the only fair way to tax people or corporations.
The current situation of massive incomprehensible paperwork, and filling out a form just so you can enter zero on a line somewhere else, is indefensible and convoluted. Something needs to be done to simplify it for the average person who can't afford a week's pay for a preparer. Give everyone an exemption up to whatever the current poverty level is, and then 10% on the balance, or a sales tax, something simple and fair. Accountants can find plenty to do without tax prep busywork. Let's raise some tariffs, for starters.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#54267 Jun 24, 2014
and by the way .... whats wrong with the climate ? ive been around 58 years and ive seen alot of seasonal shifting weather patterns thats for sure.... rain, ice, floods, heat, cold, windy, frosty, snowy, blue skies, grey skies, dust storms, ice storms, hurricanes, typhoones, wind shears, tornados .. and many other chit. now whats wrong with our climate ? or were these things none existent a few hundred years ago when we cooked and stayed by the fireplace.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#54268 Jun 24, 2014
http://www.rense.com/general60/couldglobalwar... oh my god. you libs are scaring me.
West Virginia Land owner

Belpre, OH

#54269 Jun 24, 2014
<quoted text>
If you bothered to read the article I posted, you would know that all the economic and energy adjustments in the calculations were done without any carbon tax.
I posted that to annoy BS george, but this must be his bowling night, or there's a Clint Eastwood marathon on some movie channel.
Bowling night or Clint Eastwood marathon on some movie channel...That's too funny.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#54270 Jun 24, 2014
<quoted text>
The current situation of massive incomprehensible paperwork, and filling out a form just so you can enter zero on a line somewhere else, is indefensible and convoluted. Something needs to be done to simplify it for the average person who can't afford a week's pay for a preparer. Give everyone an exemption up to whatever the current poverty level is, and then 10% on the balance, or a sales tax, something simple and fair. Accountants can find plenty to do without tax prep busywork. Let's raise some tariffs, for starters.
now your cookin ! your man for that plan is gasp..."the donald".

“Save light, save coal.”

Clarksburg, WV

#54271 Jun 24, 2014
Goo, here's some of what's wrong with the climate. It's hot, and getting hotter, and will be dangerously hot, if we don't take steps to slow our greenhouse gas emissions.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/0...
We Just Experienced the Hottest May on Record
The average land and ocean surface temperature for May was the highest ever. And 2014 is shaping up to potentially be the hottest year yet.

This story originally appeared in the Guardian and is republished here as part of the Climate Desk collaboration.

Last month was the hottest May globally since records began in 1880, new figures show.

The record heat, combined with increasingly certain predictions of an El Niño, means experts are now speculating whether 2014 could become the hottest year on record.

Data published by the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration on Monday showed the average land and ocean surface temperature last month was 0.74C above the 20th century average of 14.8C, making it the highest on record.

Previously, the warmest May was 2010, followed by 2012, 1998 and 2013.

Worldwide, March-May was the second warmest ever by NOAA's records—2010 holds the record for that period. April 2014 was also the hottest April ever by NOAA's records.

There are two other main global temperature records in addition to NOAA's, one kept by NASA and the other by the Met Office's Hadley Centre in the UK. The three are combined by the UN's World Meteorological Organization, which ranks 2010 as the warmest on record, and says that 13 of the 14 warmest years on record occurred in the 21st century.

Some forecasters are now predicting a 90 percent chance of El Niño—the weather phenomenon that can cause drought in Asia and Australia and lead to higher temperatures—happening this year, opening the possibility that 2014 will be the hottest year yet.

Kevin Trenberth, a climate scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colo., told the Guardian's environment network partner, ClimateCentral: "I agree that 2014 could well be the warmest on record, and/or 2015, depending on how things play out."

By 2200, if business as usual continues, the eastern US will have 30 to 40 days a year when the combined heat and humidity will make it too dangerous to be outside. And using more AC will just make the situation worse.
http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2014/0...
These Maps Show How Many Brutally Hot Days You Will Suffer When You're Old

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is he coming onto me ?? 15 min Nancy 20
Male doctors are perverts... 31 min NancySlimeSlit 57
Pizza Hut FOOD POISONING 1 hr Dr Eats 18
Kingery and Company LLC 2 hr Losing Clients 7
Tracy Clark McCallister 2 hr Jeff 10
South Central Regional Jail (Sep '11) 6 hr Kuzin 92
Holli Lucenti 6 hr Wonderer 6

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance