Since: Feb 13

Salem, WV

#36215 Jan 1, 2014
Leighla wrote:
I am going to say something very unpopular . Why does society frown upon a mother staying home and caring for her children and home. Now I am not saying that is a womans place but I think it should be a choice and not frowned upon by society. I think if a man wants to stay home while the wife works that is great if that is what they both choose. We decided a while back that we would give it a try and so far it is working out well. We are eating healthier because I cook from scratch. I do not travel as much so I am helping the environment. My job went to a man with four kids who really needed the job. My point is wouldn't we have more jobs if the people who do not HAVE to work and are OK with staying home did just that. I hear everyone fight for women to have rights well shouldn't taking care of there families be one of them if they are able to do so?
I'm going to say something equally unpopular. I do not like "stay-at-home" moms. I have little respect for them (they don't respect themselves) and I would not have one as a friend. It has been my experience that the few girls I grew up with who became "stay-at-home" moms fulfilled one or all of these criteria
:
1. They were uncommonly lazy and could not only not get up for work, but also didn't work when they were there.

2. They only went to college to find well-off men that would take care of them and allow them to keep up with well-off family and friends.

3. They married jealous/religious scumballs that felt that their wives must stay at home so they can maintain control of them or can prevent them from being around other men.

4. They are women that are often "loose" in morals and must be "controlled" by being kept at home as they have no ability to respect the boundaries of a relationship and would only get involved with other men at work.

5. They have no personality of their own and have no basic need to contribute to society.

6. They married religious nuts and conform to their husband's religious beliefs due to their having no personality of their own.

I also believe its sick to have more than two children even if one can afford it (looking at you Duggers), and although I realize that it was the norm for only men to work in the 50s and early 60s, I also know that corporate tax rates at those times was 40% and unions were at the strongest allowing for high wages and development in infrastructure which created a prosperity that allowed for one-income homes.

This might not be a popular opinion but I stand by it. As I said, the women I have known who "stay-at-home" fulfill most of the criteria I listed above. I've even seen women ruin truly decent men working their butts off for them to provide a better life by leaving them for men solely because those men can afford to keep them as a trophy wife so they never have to do real work.

Get a job ladies. Hillary and Elizabeth are making you look bad.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#36216 Jan 1, 2014
That is NOT fair! If a mother can afford and want to stay home and raise their kids, they should have that right. And stop with the labeling.
I respect Leighla more than I can say, having a special needs child and wants to stay home and help that child.
And you fucking men should keep your nose out of our business.
You go our and bang these women, they get pregnant, you won't support the child and bitch because she is on welfare because her job at the hamburger joint won't cover shit!

Ravenswood

#36217 Jan 1, 2014
Leighla wrote:
I am going to say something very unpopular . Why does society frown upon a mother staying home and caring for her children and home. Now I am not saying that is a womans place but I think it should be a choice and not frowned upon by society. I think if a man wants to stay home while the wife works that is great if that is what they both choose. We decided a while back that we would give it a try and so far it is working out well. We are eating healthier because I cook from scratch. I do not travel as much so I am helping the environment. My job went to a man with four kids who really needed the job. My point is wouldn't we have more jobs if the people who do not HAVE to work and are OK with staying home did just that. I hear everyone fight for women to have rights well shouldn't taking care of there families be one of them if they are able to do so?
Leighla, I'm sorry you have to read all this bullshit. You have the hardest job there is. If one of these asses had do do half what you do, they would die.
1 post removed

Since: Feb 13

Salem, WV

#36219 Jan 1, 2014
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
That is NOT fair! If a mother can afford and want to stay home and raise their kids, they should have that right. And stop with the labeling.
I respect Leighla more than I can say, having a special needs child and wants to stay home and help that child.
And you fucking men should keep your nose out of our business.
You go our and bang these women, they get pregnant, you won't support the child and bitch because she is on welfare because her job at the hamburger joint won't cover shit!
It's a two-way street. I take birth control and have never had unprotected sex outside of a committed relationship, so I don't see how it is always the man's fault. If women around here were a little more selective, more aware of who they are, and less needy than perhaps there wouldn't be a problem.

I stick to what I stated earlier. I have (unfortunately) known many "stay-at-home" moms and what I said about them is generally 100% true. There are special circumstances (as with a special needs child), but in general stay-at-home moms are lazy gold diggers.

I value my education, my career, my spouse, and my children and we are all better for my developing myself in terms of education, career, and personality. I feel that is what makes a good mother, not staying at home.

Salem, WV

#36220 Jan 1, 2014
I agree with Susan. I once stayed at home and took care of the housework, dishes, dinner, etc., while also taking care of the physical duties (yard work, painting, etc,) over almost a year's period while my partner worked fulltime and I looked for a job.

Even after I got a good job, I STILL did all of the things listed above with no problem because staying at home and caring for a child IS NOT WORK NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT IT TO BE.

In most cases, stay at home moms are, like Susan said, lazy princesses and brats who are okay with giving up their personal development and personality in order to be taken care of.

Women SHOULD be like Hillary Clinton, Marrisa Mayer or Tina Fey. You can have a career, your own personality, and still be a good mom.
Leighla

Fairmont, WV

#36221 Jan 1, 2014
Big_Suze_65 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to say something equally unpopular. I do not like "stay-at-home" moms. I have little respect for them (they don't respect themselves) and I would not have one as a friend. It has been my experience that the few girls I grew up with who became "stay-at-home" moms fulfilled one or all of these criteria
:
1. They were uncommonly lazy and could not only not get up for work, but also didn't work when they were there.
2. They only went to college to find well-off men that would take care of them and allow them to keep up with well-off family and friends.
3. They married jealous/religious scumballs that felt that their wives must stay at home so they can maintain control of them or can prevent them from being around other men.
4. They are women that are often "loose" in morals and must be "controlled" by being kept at home as they have no ability to respect the boundaries of a relationship and would only get involved with other men at work.
5. They have no personality of their own and have no basic need to contribute to society.
6. They married religious nuts and conform to their husband's religious beliefs due to their having no personality of their own.
I also believe its sick to have more than two children even if one can afford it (looking at you Duggers), and although I realize that it was the norm for only men to work in the 50s and early 60s, I also know that corporate tax rates at those times was 40% and unions were at the strongest allowing for high wages and development in infrastructure which created a prosperity that allowed for one-income homes.
This might not be a popular opinion but I stand by it. As I said, the women I have known who "stay-at-home" fulfill most of the criteria I listed above. I've even seen women ruin truly decent men working their butts off for them to provide a better life by leaving them for men solely because those men can afford to keep them as a trophy wife so they never have to do real work.
Get a job ladies. Hillary and Elizabeth are making you look bad.
You do not have a clue. I find your post laughable and I truly believe you have major mental issues.
Leighla

Fairmont, WV

#36222 Jan 1, 2014
Big_Suze_65 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a two-way street. I take birth control and have never had unprotected sex outside of a committed relationship, so I don't see how it is always the man's fault. If women around here were a little more selective, more aware of who they are, and less needy than perhaps there wouldn't be a problem.
I stick to what I stated earlier. I have (unfortunately) known many "stay-at-home" moms and what I said about them is generally 100% true. There are special circumstances (as with a special needs child), but in general stay-at-home moms are lazy gold diggers.
I value my education, my career, my spouse, and my children and we are all better for my developing myself in terms of education, career, and personality. I feel that is what makes a good mother, not staying at home.
If you don't want to be the one raising your kids that is your business. I bet it would drive you insane to have to deal with them all day much better for you to pay someone else to do it
Leighla

Fairmont, WV

#36223 Jan 1, 2014
Space-Cowboy wrote:
I agree with Susan. I once stayed at home and took care of the housework, dishes, dinner, etc., while also taking care of the physical duties (yard work, painting, etc,) over almost a year's period while my partner worked fulltime and I looked for a job.
Even after I got a good job, I STILL did all of the things listed above with no problem because staying at home and caring for a child IS NOT WORK NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT IT TO BE.
In most cases, stay at home moms are, like Susan said, lazy princesses and brats who are okay with giving up their personal development and personality in order to be taken care of.
Women SHOULD be like Hillary Clinton, Marrisa Mayer or Tina Fey. You can have a career, your own personality, and still be a good mom.
Sure there are a lot of working moms and stay at home moms that are wonderful mothers. There are a lot of working moms who after working all day go home and feed the kids fast food and in return we have a bunch of obese kids running around but hey if that's what America wants for there kids them all must be well
1 post removed

Ravenswood

#36225 Jan 1, 2014
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there are a lot of working moms and stay at home moms that are wonderful mothers. There are a lot of working moms who after working all day go home and feed the kids fast food and in return we have a bunch of obese kids running around but hey if that's what America wants for there kids them all must be well
I envy you. I lived in Calif. raising my kids. Working 10 hrs. a day, trying to make it home for soccer practice, dance recitals, girls and boys scouts, etc. was tough. And you're right, having a sit down dinner was tough for us. Plus all the other stuff like cleaning, shopping etc.. At times I felt so guilty not being able to spend more time with them. But, by the grace of God, we made it through with the most wonderful kid I could ever pray for.
You hang in there and don't let these idiots get to you. You and I know what's important. When they are able to have an 7 lb. Baby come out their penis, then they can talk. Lol

Salem, WV

#36226 Jan 1, 2014
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
When I worked while having a child at home I still came home and made backed chicken breasts (marinated the night before), stir fry, and other healthy foods (except chili -- chili isn't very healthy) almost every evening and didn't rely on fast food except on special occasions.

I'm basing my beliefs regarding stay at home moms based on my own experiences with staying at home (while looking for work), and based on those stay at home moms I have known (lazy, no personality or individuality, desire to be controlled by their hubby etc.).

I have known some GREAT women and none of them would EVER stay at home. Now granted, they were scientists, research techs, and published writers, etc., and they might have had to work less than full time while their child is young, but they were all determined to show their children the importance of being self-sufficient with an independent personality while contributing to society in a meaningful way.

Hell, the single worst person I have EVER know is a stay at home mom: lazy, shallow, dependent, superficial, fake, obsessed with social stature, etc.). Such women are the types that marry immoral conservative men that fight decent wages, access to healthcare, and policies that would end childhood poverty.

I understand that WV is filled with worthless and lazy women that everything for nothing, but all one need do is look at Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren, Nancy Palosi, etc. to see the importance on not being some coddling worthless stay-at-home mom who sets a bad example for her children.
1 post removed

Since: Jun 13

Salem, WV

#36228 Jan 1, 2014
As a working mother who has been able to raise two children while working full time and finishing a Masters, I have no sympathy for stay at home moms. I hate to say it but I agree with what a lot of you are saying about them. For the most part they tend to be lazy and simply want an excuse to not have to work. They also like the image it conveys that they come from a household that so affluent that they dont need to work.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#36229 Jan 1, 2014
Stay at home mothers are prostitutes. They just get paid to screw for a longer period of time.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#36230 Jan 1, 2014
These womn that stay at home spongin off there husbands or needin child support or alimony are all a bunch a wh ores in the literal sense of the word.

Most just get prgant to have an 18 year insurance policy.
Raum Rothschild

Louisa, VA

#36231 Jan 1, 2014
So now, stay-at-home moms are bad, good religious folk are bad.....you mentally ill, loony liberals are the cancer of America. I cannot wait for a revolution.

Ravenswood

#36232 Jan 1, 2014
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
Leighla, sounds like the same dipshit, changing their name. Wonder who that may be? NO mother at the end of their life would say, I'm sorry I didn't work more and stay home with my children less. If they did, they weren't a "mother".

Ravenswood

#36233 Jan 1, 2014
The greatest blessing God could have blessed me with is now I don't have to work and I have the time with my grandkids! And, in Dec., I had twin great grandkids! And I'm young enough to enjoy the heck out of them!

Ravenswood

#36234 Jan 1, 2014
Raum Rothschild wrote:
So now, stay-at-home moms are bad, good religious folk are bad.....you mentally ill, loony liberals are the cancer of America. I cannot wait for a revolution.
Sorry, I'm a liberal and I think they are full of shit!
Leighla

Fairmont, WV

#36235 Jan 1, 2014
You are all entitled to your own opinions. I see now who the hateful people are and it is not the GOP or Conservatives or even the Tea Party you people do not care about women one bit and please don't pretend to care about poor people and children because none of you do. Look at the shape of our country and listen to what the teachers are saying about our children. Then come on here and tell me how you are all super moms ROFL you people are truly funny

Ravenswood

#36236 Jan 1, 2014
Leighla wrote:
You are all entitled to your own opinions. I see now who the hateful people are and it is not the GOP or Conservatives or even the Tea Party you people do not care about women one bit and please don't pretend to care about poor people and children because none of you do. Look at the shape of our country and listen to what the teachers are saying about our children. Then come on here and tell me how you are all super moms ROFL you people are truly funny
Amen sister!!!

Ravenswood

#36237 Jan 1, 2014
Leighla wrote:
It's funny how we disagree on political shit, but how great is it that being mothers, we can see through anything! Being a mother and grand mother is the greatest blessing we can have. It cuts through all the other bullshit. Just remember, they will never have this bond and they don't have a friggin clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do people from west virginia consider themselve... (Nov '11) 16 min Timmy_ 53
divorce attorney 19 min Someone who knows 2
Jada Martin (Sep '12) 4 hr oh boy 92
Anonymous Drug Tips 6 hr You Know 165
danny lupson 6 hr You Know 6
Looking for FMF threesome (Nov '12) 8 hr spice y nice 10
Getting my wife to swallow. 9 hr Your aCrack head 58
Charleston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web