I'm going to say something equally unpopular. I do not like "stay-at-home" moms. I have little respect for them (they don't respect themselves) and I would not have one as a friend. It has been my experience that the few girls I grew up with who became "stay-at-home" moms fulfilled one or all of these criteriaI am going to say something very unpopular . Why does society frown upon a mother staying home and caring for her children and home. Now I am not saying that is a womans place but I think it should be a choice and not frowned upon by society. I think if a man wants to stay home while the wife works that is great if that is what they both choose. We decided a while back that we would give it a try and so far it is working out well. We are eating healthier because I cook from scratch. I do not travel as much so I am helping the environment. My job went to a man with four kids who really needed the job. My point is wouldn't we have more jobs if the people who do not HAVE to work and are OK with staying home did just that. I hear everyone fight for women to have rights well shouldn't taking care of there families be one of them if they are able to do so?
1. They were uncommonly lazy and could not only not get up for work, but also didn't work when they were there.
2. They only went to college to find well-off men that would take care of them and allow them to keep up with well-off family and friends.
3. They married jealous/religious scumballs that felt that their wives must stay at home so they can maintain control of them or can prevent them from being around other men.
4. They are women that are often "loose" in morals and must be "controlled" by being kept at home as they have no ability to respect the boundaries of a relationship and would only get involved with other men at work.
5. They have no personality of their own and have no basic need to contribute to society.
6. They married religious nuts and conform to their husband's religious beliefs due to their having no personality of their own.
I also believe its sick to have more than two children even if one can afford it (looking at you Duggers), and although I realize that it was the norm for only men to work in the 50s and early 60s, I also know that corporate tax rates at those times was 40% and unions were at the strongest allowing for high wages and development in infrastructure which created a prosperity that allowed for one-income homes.
This might not be a popular opinion but I stand by it. As I said, the women I have known who "stay-at-home" fulfill most of the criteria I listed above. I've even seen women ruin truly decent men working their butts off for them to provide a better life by leaving them for men solely because those men can afford to keep them as a trophy wife so they never have to do real work.
Get a job ladies. Hillary and Elizabeth are making you look bad.