Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#24305 Aug 31, 2013
From what I have read, it seems the only ones that want to attack Syria are the people who claim for political correctness is Syria-Americans. But there are just as many who do not want the attacks. The majority of America has said no. So the president and congress should heed their word and not that of a man who painted himself in a corner.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Corsicana, TX

#24306 Aug 31, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
What congress should do now, is say we give you the authority Mr. President to make the discussion yourself, but if it goes bad it is completely on your shoulders. You break it, you bought it, and you figure out how to pay for it.
Well many of them were asking to be involved in the decision. Now they have their wish. If they cop out now, they are going to look even worse than they already do. This is either a checkmate or congress will have to forfeit the game. Their only option is to vote on it at this point and as someone said, it is going to be nearly impossible to get a vote through the House. In addition to the normal problems between democrats and republicans, you have that crazy tea party group to deal with and God only knows how they're going to vote.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#24307 Aug 31, 2013
Harve Wall Banger.......Obama was in a no win situation due to his own arrogence. I said awhile back that he had an out. He took it and can save face. Now if congress votes no and he does it, then he will be in trouble. But I do not think he is that stupid.
Bad Cop No Doughnut

Germany

#24308 Aug 31, 2013
Make a difference! republicratards.

“Of Course I Can”

Corsicana, TX

#24309 Aug 31, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
He is just going to play golf with his golf buddies and wait for the paint to dry. This is all going to be a scar tactic to see if Syria cries uncle. Obama goes to Russia next week. Lets see what kind of reception he gets from the Kremlin. Red Square is looking better every day isn't it.
Have you ever spent any time in a communist country? If you think it looks better every day, I suggest you give it a shot. Let us know how that turns out for you.

;)
Weird Harold

Ashburn, VA

#24310 Aug 31, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever spent any time in a communist country? If you think it looks better every day, I suggest you give it a shot. Let us know how that turns out for you.
;)
Leg Humper, if you and the traveler (VISITED 57 states) have your way, we will all know what it is like to live in a communist country.

“Of Course I Can”

Corsicana, TX

#24311 Aug 31, 2013
Trust me, ignorant hillbilly, for you, it will be an improvement.
Weird Harold wrote:
<quoted text>
Leg Humper, if you and the traveler (VISITED 57 states) have your way, we will all know what it is like to live in a communist country.
Weird Harold

Ashburn, VA

#24312 Aug 31, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Trust me, ignorant hillbilly, for you, it will be an improvement.
<quoted text>
Any country, world, or type of government that includes you will not be an improvement.
1 post removed

“Of Course I Can”

Corsicana, TX

#24314 Aug 31, 2013
I know. I represent a standard you could never achieve. Must suck for you.
Weird Harold wrote:
<quoted text>
Any country, world, or type of government that includes you will not be an improvement.

“Of Course I Can”

Corsicana, TX

#24315 Aug 31, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
Harve and Sundog......As long as the right thing is done and we do not attack Syria, then that should be good enough. We all have agreed that it is not the right move.
Agreed.

“what it is, is what it is!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#24316 Aug 31, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
From what I have read, it seems the only ones that want to attack Syria are the people who claim for political correctness is Syria-Americans. But there are just as many who do not want the attacks. The majority of America has said no. So the president and congress should heed their word and not that of a man who painted himself in a corner.
Well there you go again, to quote a great president. A president should never rule by national poles. Even though they are very high against him. He needs to do what is right according to the national interest of the US, our close allies, and our national interest overseas. We don't know everything that the intelligence officers has briefed him on and this could also have some bearing on intelligence on what Iran has planed. If you look at where the ships are stationed at they also could be protecting Israel against Syria, Iran, and Palestinian groups. Remember there was also red lines drawn by BB in Israel. Just look at what date is coming up week after next, 9/11. He doesn't want to get hammered on another 9/11 issue. So we really don't know the entire story behind all of this. Wouldn't it be a shame if having all of those ships bottled up where they are on 9/11 and we can't get out in time. We don't want another Pearl Harbor in the Middle East waters. Just a thought and I am not being a conspiracy nut, but just saying.

Location hidden

#24317 Aug 31, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>Well many of them were asking to be involved in the decision. Now they have their wish. If they cop out now, they are going to look even worse than they already do. This is either a checkmate or congress will have to forfeit the game. Their only option is to vote on it at this point and as someone said, it is going to be nearly impossible to get a vote through the House. In addition to the normal problems between democrats and republicans, you have that crazy tea party group to deal with and God only knows how they're going to vote.
I think there will be just as many democrats vote against it. Remember election next year. They don't want to have egg on there face next year during the elections.
Weird Harold

Ashburn, VA

#24318 Aug 31, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
I know. I represent a standard you could never achieve. Must suck for you.
<quoted text>
Try to keep up Leg Humper, I said that it would not be an improvement, that means that I would have to regress to meet your ignorant sub standards.

“Of Course I Can”

Corsicana, TX

#24319 Aug 31, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there will be just as many democrats vote against it. Remember election next year. They don't want to have egg on there face next year during the elections.
Probably more. Most of them have been very much against involvement in this civil war from the start.

Location hidden

#24320 Aug 31, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever spent any time in a communist country? If you think it looks better every day, I suggest you give it a shot. Let us know how that turns out for you.

;)
Well a little time down in Haiti and Honduras but that is not communist. But it may as well been when we had a target painted on our back chasing drug lords all over the damn place. What time we weren't chasing them, they were chasing us. It was fun for the first few minutes, then it all went to hell.
Arhtur

United States

#24321 Aug 31, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
I do not care if it was a political move. It is the right move, for that was his campaign retoric. And sense our Allies and the UN have said no, plus it has been blated all over the airways about what he said. Obama and his people had time to calm down and realize they looked like crap and time to do the right thing. Remember, Obama painted himself in this corner
Yes he did it to save face. I am sure his advisers were beating him on the head for making stupid red line comments and basically saying he was going to strike without world support or Congressional approval. He came to his senses and realized he had the perfect out, Congress. I will be shocked if they approve a strike but with the bunch of morons we have running the place now who knows. I cant wait to see them try and justify an attack while claiming we are so broke we have to lay off thousands of workers. Everyone knows we havent a clue who did it and never will. Common sense says it ws the rebels, not Assad. Regardless he wins either way as long as Congress approves it, but considering the vast majority of citizens are against it, it will be going against the will of the people and likely cost whoever supports it their job.

“Of Course I Can”

Corsicana, TX

#24322 Aug 31, 2013
Try to keep up, Ignorant Hillbilly. I meant that you couldn't possibly regress any more. You haven't evolved beyond pond scum yet.

Do I have to explain everything to you, half-wit?
Weird Harold wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to keep up Leg Humper, I said that it would not be an improvement, that means that I would have to regress to meet your ignorant sub standards.

“Of Course I Can”

Corsicana, TX

#24323 Aug 31, 2013
Arhtur wrote:
<quoted text>Yes he did it to save face. I am sure his advisers were beating him on the head for making stupid red line comments and basically saying he was going to strike without world support or Congressional approval. He came to his senses and realized he had the perfect out, Congress. I will be shocked if they approve a strike but with the bunch of morons we have running the place now who knows. I cant wait to see them try and justify an attack while claiming we are so broke we have to lay off thousands of workers. Everyone knows we havent a clue who did it and never will. Common sense says it ws the rebels, not Assad. Regardless he wins either way as long as Congress approves it, but considering the vast majority of citizens are against it, it will be going against the will of the people and likely cost whoever supports it their job.
Actually, he wins either way. If congress doesn't approve it, it's on them, not him.

Besides, if he had done what presidents have been doing since Nixon and okayed an air-strike, republicans would be the first ones screaming about it.

My guess is they won't approve it. They're so used to voting against everything he wants that they don't know how to act otherwise.

Looks like he's out-smarted them again.
Say it aint so

Ashburn, VA

#24324 Aug 31, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Try to keep up, Ignorant Hillbilly. I meant that you couldn't possibly regress any more. You haven't evolved beyond pond scum yet.
Do I have to explain everything to you, half-wit?
<quoted text>
I know that you just parrot what Obama says, but now you are just parroting me. No original thoughts Leg Humper?

“Of Course I Can”

Corsicana, TX

#24325 Aug 31, 2013
Not so much "parroting" you as I am making fun of you, but I didn't expect you to get that. But you keep trying, little lady, and maybe some day you'll make a point.
Say it aint so wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that you just parrot what Obama says, but now you are just parroting me. No original thoughts Leg Humper?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Lumos closing (Apr '13) 16 min Lumos 11
Spanking your monkey 49 min King Toss 2
Cougars 58 min Jack A Lott 29
warning , what if your wife and children break ... 1 hr A First Timer 5
Ridgeview pastor charged with sexually abusing ... 1 hr Prior Victum 16
'Am I Normal?' Study Average size Manhood Length 1 hr Dick Throbb 8
Cheesy drivers education on craigs list? 2 hr Jim 4
Josh Scott running for mayor charleston 6 hr Dante 39

Flood Watch for Kanawha County was issued at March 03 at 4:31PM EST

Charleston Dating