Feds bust Gordon man for selling pills

Feb 28, 2013 Full story: Coal Valley News 17

"He was selling so many prescription narcotics from his home that his residence was nicknamed 'The Gordon Pharmacy,'" said one law enforcement official working with the U.S. 119 Drug Task Force.

Full Story
Owen Boone

Belle, WV

#1 Mar 1, 2013
Drug abuse is the symptom, poverty is the disease.
just me

Charleston, WV

#2 Mar 2, 2013
You are wrong about that . A lot of the druggies are people who have good paying jobs , so it is not poverty . They like the buzz they get and they want it more and more , then it is too late to return to normal .
Owen Boone

Belle, WV

#3 Mar 3, 2013
just me wrote:
You are wrong about that . A lot of the druggies are people who have good paying jobs , so it is not poverty . They like the buzz they get and they want it more and more , then it is too late to return to normal .
I wasn't referring so much as to the socioeconomic status of each individual as I was to the area, the people as a whole.
Capt Ekim

Conroe, TX

#4 Mar 3, 2013
Victimless crime. The old guy was just making a living. Now the taxpayers can spend $50k a year to keep him locked up. What we need is a new drug policy.
debbie

United States

#5 Mar 15, 2013
Owen Boone wrote:
Drug abuse is the symptom, poverty is the disease.
what is abuse we go 2 the DOCs they can not gave you meed 4 pain so we will get this somewhare if u was in pain u would and is not a disease not 4 a lot of us
Here we go again

Alexandria, VA

#6 Mar 15, 2013
just me wrote:
You are wrong about that . A lot of the druggies are people who have good paying jobs , so it is not poverty . They like the buzz they get and they want it more and more , then it is too late to return to normal .
That's right on the money. It's about loving that buzz and wanting more. Cocaine has never been a poor man's drug. Pills ain't no different. The pos Randy Moss' Charleston area attorney was busted, some odd years ago, for his love of cocaine/crack and whatever else he got caught with. No one's a saint when it comes to gettin that buzz, dentists, miners, lawyers, teachers, bus drivers, truckers, carpenters, mechanics and on and on and on. It usually starts with alcohol and or tobacco, then whatever. Whomever said weed was a gateway drug was WRONG, it's usually alcohol.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#7 Mar 15, 2013
This state has ALWAYS been Impoverished. It has not however, always been a Pill-Popping, Meth cooking hot-spot. If all of the local "Chemists" that are "cookers" would use their "skills" for good....we would be the new "Silicon Valley"
Here we go again

Alexandria, VA

#8 Mar 15, 2013
MsKamish wrote:
This state has ALWAYS been Impoverished. It has not however, always been a Pill-Popping, Meth cooking hot-spot. If all of the local "Chemists" that are "cookers" would use their "skills" for good....we would be the new "Silicon Valley"
Check the origin of meth. It wasn't in WV, more likely near "Silicon Valley" area. Ijs
gordonbob

Charleston, WV

#9 Jun 1, 2013
MsKamish wrote:
This state has ALWAYS been Impoverished. It has not however, always been a Pill-Popping, Meth cooking hot-spot. If all of the local "Chemists" that are "cookers" would use their "skills" for good....we would be the new "Silicon Valley"
If they used their skills correctly they could probably be employed. However, the Meth did not originate in WV, but in asia or Japan @ 1880s and was used by the military.
Oh yes indeed

Madison, WV

#10 Jun 1, 2013
gordonbob wrote:
<quoted text>
If they used their skills correctly they could probably be employed. However, the Meth did not originate in WV, but in asia or Japan @ 1880s and was used by the military.
they'd not only be employed, they'd probably lead their chosen field. some of the dope cooks ive met are also coicidentally (or not) some of the most intelligent people ive met. not all, but the most skilled ones who have the best product...
addiction and other psych afflictions go hand in hand with high intellect.
just legalize the stuff, tax the ever-lovin SHIT out of it, give the cooks a safe and regulated environment in which to cook it...decriminalize it, and if those addicted are irresponsible and careless enough to overdose on it, then oh well. i call that darwin at work. and i say this as a (fairly intelligent, gainfully employed) semi-regular meth user, myself.
1 post removed
Reads too much

Morehead, KY

#12 Monday Sep 8
Here we go again wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right on the money. It's about loving that buzz and wanting more. Cocaine has never been a poor man's drug. Pills ain't no different. The pos Randy Moss' Charleston area attorney was busted, some odd years ago, for his love of cocaine/crack and whatever else he got caught with. No one's a saint when it comes to gettin that buzz, dentists, miners, lawyers, teachers, bus drivers, truckers, carpenters, mechanics and on and on and on. It usually starts with alcohol and or tobacco, then whatever. Whomever said weed was a gateway drug was WRONG, it's usually alcohol.
You are right, alcohol is the most deadly drug on the planet and that is even more true when you consider the thousands of victims who are non users. On the other hand studies are indicating that states which legalize weed see a drop in crime. You can't argue with facts but I'm sure some dumba$$ is going to try.
Mskamish

Charleston, WV

#13 Monday Sep 8
gordonbob wrote:
<quoted text>
If they used their skills correctly they could probably be employed. However, the Meth did not originate in WV, but in asia or Japan @ 1880s and was used by the military.
No one said it "originated in WV". But it IS very prominant here.
My2cents

Saint Albans, WV

#14 Monday Sep 8
Capt Ekim wrote:
Victimless crime. The old guy was just making a living. Now the taxpayers can spend $50k a year to keep him locked up. What we need is a new drug policy.
I'm with you Capt. New Drug Policy!!
6 Feet Under

United States

#15 Monday Sep 8
Capt Ekim wrote:
Victimless crime. The old guy was just making a living. Now the taxpayers can spend $50k a year to keep him locked up. What we need is a new drug policy.
What we NEED is the return of the DEATH PENALTY! Problem solved!!
WTF

United States

#16 Monday Sep 8
debbie wrote:
<quoted text>what is abuse we go 2 the DOCs they can not gave you meed 4 pain so we will get this somewhare if u was in pain u would and is not a disease not 4 a lot of us
WTF. Can you not speak English?
True

United States

#17 Monday Sep 8
gordonbob wrote:
<quoted text>If they used their skills correctly they could probably be employed. However, the Meth did not originate in WV, but in asia or Japan @ 1880s and was used by the military.
You Are Wise Grasshopper!
Good Citizen

Charleston, WV

#18 Monday Sep 8
Capt Ekim wrote:
Victimless crime. The old guy was just making a living. Now the taxpayers can spend $50k a year to keep him locked up. What we need is a new drug policy.
REALLY?? ARE YOU SERIOUS??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm in town for 3 days contact me 4 min Jasmin 1
Need dog groomer. Just moved to area 6 min bun 5
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 6 min fitness-guru 58,848
Jon canterbury of South Charleston 6 min He is a POS 15
Boom's First Impression 10 min boinzer 46
So Trivillians was a pill mill afterall 12 min Irony 42
Golden Coral restaurant 16 min Chad 14

Charleston Jobs

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charleston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charleston

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]