LADY IN RED

Roanoke, VA

#1 Dec 4, 2013
I LIVE IN HUNTINGTON WVA, AND I OWN A HOUSE THERE THAT I BEEN REMOLDING, AND I HAVE TO BROKE INTO MORE TIME I CARE TO SAY, I'M SO FRUSTRATED WITH THE POLICE FORCE AND WANT TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH SOMEONE CONCERNING THIS.
THEY DO NOT INVESTIGATE ANYTHING, THEY DON'T ASK NEIGHBORS, THEY DONT DO ANYTHING BUT SHOW UP, HELL ALOT OF TIMES THEY DIDN'T EVEN DO A POLICE REPORT.
NOW I'M FED UP WITH THIS ALL I HAVE AN CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER HARASSING ME, BY SHOWING UP AT MY FAMILYS HOUSE AND KNOCKING ON DOOR AND SAY STUFF THRO THE DOOR AND PUTTING FINES IN THE MAIL BOX OF MY FAMILY HOME.
I DON'T THERE BECAUSE I DON'T FEEL SAFE THERE CAUSE THE POLICE DOES NOTHING.
CAN ANYONE DIRECT ME TO A GOOD LAWYER THAT I CAN HIRE TO FILE THIS COMPLAINTS. THE CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER IS RUDE AND WHEN I COMPLAINT TO THE MAYORS OFFICE, I GOT A PHONE CALL FROM A LT OF THE HUNTINGTON POLICE FORCE SAYING IF I CALLED THE MAYORS OFFICE TO COMPLAIN, HE WILL FIND A REASON TO ARREST ME.
only me

Charleston, WV

#2 Dec 4, 2013
move
ANOTHER STUD

Roanoke, VA

#3 Dec 4, 2013
only me wrote:
move
I DID, THANKS FOR THAT, ANYONE HAVE REAL ADVICE!
only me

Charleston, WV

#4 Dec 4, 2013
that was real advice
just thinkin

Dunbar, WV

#5 Dec 5, 2013
It is so frustrating to be in your situation. Just throwing out some questions ---- Are there other homeowners/property owners in the community that are experiencing the same type of breakins? What are the other property owners doing to try and prevent the breakins? Are other property owners frustrated with the local police and lack of support to the people in the community? Is there a Neighborhood Watch program in the community where the house you are remodeling is located?--- Maybe another approach ---organize and set up a community meeting with other property owners experiencing the same type of situation,--- as a group collectively develop your strategy to improve the situation, attend the next town hall meeting, as a group and as individuals make your objections known to the mayor pf being treated with such disrespect by law enforcement and ask questions to the mayor and local police chief exactly what they are doing to address the problems. As well, request assistance with the local law enforcement officers to attend your meeting, ask for training/information on setting up a Neighborhood Watch program and the support that you will receive from the local patrol cop. Ask your local minister/church for participation and assistance --------- Turn the situation around --GET THE NEWS MEDIA INVOLVED -- let this 'spokesman for the local police department' explain 'how' and 'why' you or anyone should be threatened with jail for looking for protection from the very agency authorized (by law) to protect you and your property. "Your" one voice might be intimidated/silenced by 'threats of incarceration' BUT many voices of frustrated homeowners asking for assistance/answers/support from the local mayor and police department is a totally a different situation.--Turn the situation around.
2 posts removed
Offer Huntington to Ohio

Charleston, WV

#8 Dec 5, 2013
Why was there no police report Some of the time. Was it that sometimes it was a "mere" entering without permission or a BREAKING and Entering, and theft. Do you have insurance on the dwelling as it is being remodeled? Do you have locks and equipment being stored there? I ask this only because that may make a difference on how to address the report issue. The way your post reads, I would go straight to Kim Wolfe with a written bullet text of facts, and start from there.
Offer Huntington to Ohio

Charleston, WV

#9 Dec 5, 2013
And also...better reading thru your Post. You CAN'T be arrested for calling the MAyor's Office. The MAyor is the leader of a body of Representatives. Go to a City Council meeting, make sure you FOLLOW PROTOCOL on getting onto the Agenda, and follow procedures. They can't fault you for following THEIR rules.

I have a theory: Every automobile in Huntington that has an Out of State Plate, to park on the streets, like a Residential Permit process. I left Huntington, because I did NOT hose to raise my family in "Michigan"
Offer Huntington to Ohio

Charleston, WV

#10 Dec 5, 2013
Sorry to quick for my thoughts...should read:

"would have to register to park on the street,"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vape shops! 6 min VVV 11
the real name of the snitch 46 min Not the snitch 3
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr Dalai Lama 58,337
Look out drunk drives the snitch is here 1 hr not the snitch 95
GIRLS, witch is more attractice? 2 hr Mandy 21
peanut 3 hr lol 2
white guy black girls ? 4 hr tay 6
•••
•••
•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Charleston People Search