Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Sunday Aug 24
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Findlay, OH

#1 Jul 27, 2011
Would this be a good daycare to take my child to?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 28, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
Would this be a good daycare to take my child to?
Yes it is. My grandchild goes there and he learns much from them.
That daycare SUCKS

AOL

#3 Jul 28, 2011
I worked their and my child went there. Its not a good daycare!!!! The director is a bitch and treats the kids whose parents are not important or dont have money like crap!! The director (cathy) treats the employees like dirt and thats why the turn over is so high.I could write all day about this place. Please dont out your child in that daycare!!!!
Anonymous

Charleston, WV

#4 Dec 12, 2011
For anybody else who may be curious about this day care, I have to agree with the third comment. While the staff is great, the director is NOT - and she has the final say in all decisions. While this day care does have a good structure and does a lot with the kids, I would not send your child there unless you want to get called out of work frequently to come pick your child up. I have used up 40 hours just in the last six months picking up my child because they call me constantly. Only twice were the reasons valid. The others were based on a low-grade temperature (100.5), even when the pediatrician confirmed that it was due to either teething or as a result of shots. They refuse or "fight" you to give the children medication that IS approved by the pediatrician. For instance, my daughter had shots, which the pediatrician said would cause fever. I had a doctor's note saying what medication I could give her, how much, and how often. The day care let me daughter's temperature rise to 104 and still would not give her the medication. Apparently documentation to this day care means nothing. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE. I have given them the benefit of the doubt and continue to have the same issues with them. It will NOT get better, and while this is just my opinion, I have heard this same resentment from multiple people who have had their children in this day care previously.
looking

Belle, WV

#5 Dec 12, 2011
With all of that said does anyone know a good daycare in the kanawha valley that's open late for us mothers who work late and have late classes?
vicki

Branchland, WV

#6 Sep 5, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
For anybody else who may be curious about this day care, I have to agree with the third comment. While the staff is great, the director is NOT - and she has the final say in all decisions. While this day care does have a good structure and does a lot with the kids, I would not send your child there unless you want to get called out of work frequently to come pick your child up. I have used up 40 hours just in the last six months picking up my child because they call me constantly. Only twice were the reasons valid. The others were based on a low-grade temperature (100.5), even when the pediatrician confirmed that it was due to either teething or as a result of shots. They refuse or "fight" you to give the children medication that IS approved by the pediatrician. For instance, my daughter had shots, which the pediatrician said would cause fever. I had a doctor's note saying what medication I could give her, how much, and how often. The day care let me daughter's temperature rise to 104 and still would not give her the medication. Apparently documentation to this day care means nothing. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE. I have given them the benefit of the doubt and continue to have the same issues with them. It will NOT get better, and while this is just my opinion, I have heard this same resentment from multiple people who have had their children in this day care previously.
so why hasnt anyone called CPS because that is child abuse!
dont go here

Charleston, WV

#7 Jun 19, 2013
I have had a very bad experience with this place. High turnover and staff is all scared of director Cathy. Assistant director Bridget hate children and is mean to them.
goodbye

Belle, WV

#8 Jun 19, 2013
why hasn't this lady been turned in for being such a bitch and treating the kids poorly? it sounds like she doesn't deserve to be a director at all and can't handle her job very well. she needs to be turned in and watched so something can be done to teach her ass a lesson in what it's actually like to be on the other side of things!
shes trouble

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Jul 4, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Wow! I worked there back in 2001-2002 and this was going on then. A baby in my class had a bad ear infection, the doctor prescribed medicine for the child to take. They refuse to give it to the child. The mother was called and she chose to pick the child up. Needless to say the child did not go back. Cathy was informed that the child needed medicine and didn't care. The child was screaming at the top of her lungs. And in another class one of the teachers locked a boy in the closet for crying. Do not take your child there!!!! You will regret it!!!
so true

Charleston, WV

#10 Jul 6, 2013
Cathy is horrible I worked there out of high school... Love kids & working with them but she is impossible.
goodbye

Belle, WV

#11 Jul 6, 2013
She wants things her way or they're the wrong way. No one is perfect and that is no way to run a business. Being a bitch who thinks she's Ms. Perfect is no way to run a business and just runs the employees off. She can't handle the stress of her job and doesn't deserve to hold the position she is in! She needs to be gone and/or drop down another level or two!!
goodbye

Belle, WV

#12 Jul 6, 2013
Let me take that back... she needs to be gone period. If she can't handle the stress of her current position, how in the hell would she even be able to handle with kids directly! She would definitely be getting turned in for child abuse or something then!
Should_Be_Ashame d

Charleston, WV

#13 Oct 30, 2013
Wow, I am amazed at the "adults" on here bashing Cathy and Bridget. Let's just start with some facts about this center. 1. They receive HIGH licensing ratings every review, any minor correction that ever needs to be made CATHY makes sure it is corrected. 2. The children have ALWAYS came first not only to the staff that work there, but also to the management! Activities are planned for holiday's for the children and the families to get together and have a good time. Cathy has always been about creating one large "daycare family" 3. This center has some of the best, structure, teaching, and cleanliness I have seen. For those of you on here saying such rude things about Cathy should really take a look as to why she does the things she does! She has always put the children's well being first, you may think she is "harsh" but it's because she is blunt! She doesn't do anything that is not STRICTLY by the book, that goes for parent's and staff. As far as Bridget goes; she does not "hate children" or is mean to any of the kids in that center. There are children who use to attend that center that still come back just to see Bridget and tell her how they are doing! She puts a lot of effort into teaching the older children things they need to know for school the following year. And MULTIPLE parents have came back to COMPLIMENT her and Cathy on how ADVANCED their child is when going into Kindergarten. Bridget enjoys being with the children and around them. I know several parents that attend this center or formally did that would be offended by some of the things being said on this site. And I am one of those parents. Bridget was my oldest child's teacher and he still talks about her on a constant bases and wants to go see her. My youngest child now attends this center and also adores her!
Before getting on here and reading all these ridiculous comments, create your own opinion. I enjoy being a part of this center. The staff is wonderful and so is the office management.
Agree

Charleston, WV

#14 Oct 30, 2013
dont go here wrote:
I have had a very bad experience with this place. High turnover and staff is all scared of director Cathy. Assistant director Bridget hate children and is mean to them.
They are mean to kids!
Agree with bad comments

Charleston, WV

#15 Oct 30, 2013
I didn't realize my child was obviously being abused or something until I saw how much improvement was made after leaving center. My cold told me that Bridget grabbed his arm and yes Cathy is an uneducated know it all that should not be in the position she is in or in child care period. Child care is very important DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE!!!
anonymous

United States

#16 Nov 1, 2013
My oldest daughter had been going to this daycare since 2011 and my youngest 2012, few months after she was born. My biggest problem is how they expect you to pay a month upfront if you are on connects. And it is due on the first, no exceptions. Sorry but my rent is due then too so that makes it hard to come up with all the big bills at once. I'm missing work and might lose my job right now all because they will not let me pay next week when I get paid. I have to find another daycare before Monday to work with me because this one won't and I as a single mother cannot afford to miss a whole week of work. Or risk getting fired.

On a side note, Cathy is stern but when I and my children were staying at an abuse shelter she was very helpful in letting me know any problems my daughters were displaying. She was very good to expect acting out from them due to the circumstances and worked with me when my littlest was acting out. The doctor's notes have to be very to the point and they cannot distribute pain medication. That is policy and not child abuse. Your kid is running a fever, you need to nurture them.

And Bridgette doesn't hate children. That's just ridiculous. She doesn't have any of her own but she is pregnant and that will all change soon. If you are a parent, you were pregnant once, you know how it is.

My daughters love it there. My only problem is the payment plans have no room to be disgusted, arranged, or altered. I love the staff there and my kids do too. When you can leave your one year old and she no longer cries because mommy is leaving, you have to believe she is well cared for and happy.
Observation

Charleston, WV

#17 Nov 1, 2013
I work at the Capitol and do not have children in the daycare. However I do park next to it and on a weekly basis I am amazed at the things I see. A couple weeks ago there was a little boy being picked on by 3 other little kids, I'm guessing 3-4? They walked up to him, kicked him, punched him, pinched him, and then he would cry and run away from them. Of course they chased him, did the same thing over and over. I probably watched this for about 5 minutes. If I had a phone that recorded I would have recorded it. I was just about to confront the workers who were sitting at the table having cookies and kool-aid and weren't watching the kids, but they stood up and yelled for the kids to go in and I didn't get there quick enough. This wasn't a one time thing. It went on for 5 minutes, this boy was crying and not one worker alerted as to what was going on? I feel sorry for each child in that day care. It would be nothing for someone to reach over the fence and pick one up and keep walking. They are always at the fences and you never see workers. Go somewhere else! From what I see, your child will be tortured and not looked after for 8 hours. May as well leave them home by themselves all day. They would be better off and not bullied at least.
Truth

Charleston, WV

#18 Nov 1, 2013
Hahaha the last comment amuses me! I work at this center, and let me just tell you, WE DO NOT GET COOKIES OR KOOL AID! We are under the federal food program which means we have certain items of food we are allowed to serve the children. As for the staff, the ONLY time we eat with the children is when it is lunch time.
We do not allow children to be bullied! We have children who want to play "super heroes" and try kicking, hitting etc. on one another. This is something we are working with on a CONSTANT basis while the children are outside playing. We make parents aware of what is going on so they can help us with getting passed this stage of play. But again...IT'S PLAY. No child is bullied. Nor do we allow any type of horseplay. I mean my god, our kids aren't even allowed to run while they are outside!!
I have not seen one thing posted on here that has the ENTIRE story behind it. You all take bits and pieces of things and twist and turn it into meaning whatever you want it to. Know the WHOLE STORY and FACTS before you go and post things that are not true!!
Truth

Charleston, WV

#19 Nov 11, 2013
Don't send your children here!!!! Proof is in the pudding. I have seen a complete turn around in my child since we have left. The workers are uneducated. Take your child somewhere that you know they will be loved. I wish I would have taken my child out of this center sooner. Can't say enough bad things about this place. And yes I am an ADULT and yes THIS IS THE WHOLE STORY!!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#20 Nov 11, 2013
I don't have any children in the center there but my opinion upon reading this is that you don't have THAT many negative remarks about your center unless some of them are true. Most of those bad comments were pretty lengthy and in depth, I don't imagine so many different people ganging up on one day care center for no good reason. As a mother, I would RUN not walk away from this center.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 24 min Mgtn Res 57,191
The Elite Gentlemens Club (Feb '12) 1 hr meandme 75
Reese Guy? 1 hr bxtchBbadzZZ 1
Marshall wins and Mountedqueers LOSE! 2 hr Herd 91 10
USA Today mentions The Herd as possible NCAA Ch... 2 hr Bubbles 17
myrtle beach 5 hr cancbullsht 91
3 bodies found in river in 3 days???? 5 hr Really 3
does anyone know? 15 hr Does anyone care? 4
White girls that bang black guys (Feb '14) 18 hr getajob 64
•••
•••
•••

Charleston Jobs