Missing girl's mom charged with selli...

Missing girl's mom charged with selling food stamp benefits

There are 43 comments on the Charleston Daily Mail story from Oct 17, 2011, titled Missing girl's mom charged with selling food stamp benefits. In it, Charleston Daily Mail reports that:

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- A Lewis County woman whose 3-year-old daughter has been missing for three weeks has been charged with selling federal food stamp benefits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Daily Mail.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned

Clarksburg, WV

#1 Oct 17, 2011
ugh......
where do I start?
First of all, her kids are gone, why does she get food stamps? If she needs assistance with food while pregnant then she should just get WIC so she wouldnt be able to sell food stamps for cash.
Second, I couldnt imagine anything else in my life going on other than FINDING my child....not trying to figure out what I could sell for cash such as food stamps.
Third, Cell phone...yet not job. Who is paying for that?
Praying this baby girl is found safe with someone who was willing to take care of her the way she deserved.
CWV

Beckley, WV

#2 Oct 17, 2011
I think selling the food stamps happened a while ago. They just charged her cause they uncovered this info when they were investigating the missing baby case.
concerned

Clarksburg, WV

#3 Oct 17, 2011
they said the charge was last week. she was just arrested today. Thats what the news conference with the FBI said at 4:00pm on WDTV.
CWV

United States

#4 Oct 18, 2011
Oh, I see. She must be a complete idiot. If you already know they are scrutinizing everything about you why would commit anoher illegal act. What a piece of work!!
worker

Ambridge, PA

#5 Oct 18, 2011
Not taking up for this woman. I know she did try and get a job little over a week ago at the telemarketing place in weston.
Kinder

Bruno, WV

#6 Oct 18, 2011
Wished someone had notice things going on in this household before the baby became missing. Seems like the CPS likes to attack the poor young couples who lack experience of parenthood but yet are trying to provide a loving home for their children, then they let things like this just slip out of sight until a tragedy happens. I don't understand our system here, things are wrong and its the children that are paying the cost and mainly with their lives. We need to fix the system or the people who have the control.
Baby Momma

United States

#7 Oct 18, 2011
Ok here's what young parents need to know when they have a baby: feed it when it's hungry, change it when it is wet or dirty, keep it warm, and clean in winter, cool and clean in summer. Keep it safe. Hold it, talk to it, love it. That's the gist of baby care. It isn't rocket science...it's actually much more important than that, lol.
concerned

Clarksburg, WV

#8 Oct 18, 2011
CPS in this area is lacking in judgement BIG TIME. The cases they let "slip by" are sad. I hold CPS partially responsible for this childs disappearance. I garantee CPS had been involved in their life. Had they done their job and removed the children from the home long ago, this little baby girl would still be here. I have been told by CPS before that "unless a child is being physically or sexually abused, there isnt much we can do". sickening isnt it? Your child has to be traumatized for life or murdered before CPS will step in and do their job. By then its to late. They may have saved the other children but I believe it was because it became such a "public" case that I think they felt pressured to do so.
Mike Smith

Charleston, WV

#9 Oct 18, 2011
CPS is a joke! The real problem is that we allow idiots to reproduce. The only solution that can actually fix the problems we face with children, is to issue a license to have a child. Anyone who doesn't have a license would have mandatory birth control requirements. There is medicine for both men and women that can stop reproduction for the short term.

While they are at it, lets get rid of STD's. Require along with the mandatory sterility treatment, that a person get tested for STD's. If a person is found to have an STD, then it would be required to have it printed on their Drivers license. This would allow future sexual partners to easily identify high risk partners and lower the transmission of STD's.

Lets not stop there either. Let's make it a requirement for obtaining a child bearing license, that both parents must have a certain level of combined IQ, and enough income to support raising a child.

Do this, and get rid of CPS, WIC, and all of the programs that support unwed mothers, and the problem is solved.

But I guess that makes too much sense, and we know our government likes to control people through handouts instead of progressive legislation.
just a thought

Summersville, WV

#10 Oct 18, 2011
Mike Smith wrote:
CPS is a joke! The real problem is that we allow idiots to reproduce. The only solution that can actually fix the problems we face with children, is to issue a license to have a child. Anyone who doesn't have a license would have mandatory birth control requirements. There is medicine for both men and women that can stop reproduction for the short term.

While they are at it, lets get rid of STD's. Require along with the mandatory sterility treatment, that a person get tested for STD's. If a person is found to have an STD, then it would be required to have it printed on their Drivers license. This would allow future sexual partners to easily identify high risk partners and lower the transmission of STD's.

Lets not stop there either. Let's make it a requirement for obtaining a child bearing license, that both parents must have a certain level of combined IQ, and enough income to support raising a child.

Do this, and get rid of CPS, WIC, and all of the programs that support unwed mothers, and the problem is solved.

But I guess that makes too much sense, and we know our government likes to control people through handouts instead of progressive legislation.
People who think like you are the reason this country is no longer free. I agree that it's sad to see kids not being taken care of properly but saying that people should be forced to have a license to have children is absurd. None of us have a right to infringe on anyone's basic rights to reproduce. Can you imagine living in a country that forced people to submit to medical procedures based on someones opinion? No thank you!!! Move to China if you want the government to control what you can do to your body.
concerned

Clarksburg, WV

#11 Oct 18, 2011
I think assistance needs to be set at a certain amount after so many kids. I think that is why so many people have so many kids. Not because they want them but because its a little extra on food stamps or the monthly check. I think when you hit 2 or 3 kids and continue to be on welfare and have more then you shouldnt recieve "extra" for each child.
2284Gtl

Bluefield, WV

#12 Oct 18, 2011
Are you serious? So, you really think that if someone has STD marked on their license, that this will help prevent std's? Okay let's have sex. Wanna see my drivers license? Funny dude. Who has ever looked at a license before having sex??? I understand where you are coming from but it's not practical!!!
Mike Smith wrote:

“Up yours ”

Since: Mar 07

weston,wv

#13 Oct 18, 2011
Something stinks to high heaven about this whole situation I bet when the smoke clears and everything settles it will be revealed that she sold the child more money possably to buy dope with.
2284Gtl

Bluefield, WV

#14 Oct 19, 2011
jim pickens wrote:
Something stinks to high heaven about this whole situation I bet when the smoke clears and everything settles it will be revealed that she sold the child more money possably to buy dope with.
You could be right. Hopefully, if that would be a possibility, this baby could be alive. In better hands now, I would hope. We need the truth, everyone does. There has been alot of hope, prayers, sweat and tears. This baby's story needs to be told. I hope she is alive but this day and time with the way this world is, it's hard to believe that she could be alive. I sure know if it were my baby, I couldn't live without her. I wouldn't be able to go on. I wouldn't wanna live anymore if I lost one of my children. The truth must prevail so we need to keep praying. This story needs closure with the truth. Maybe you are right about this.
1 post removed
Uncle Sam

United States

#16 Oct 19, 2011
Lurk wrote:
Nothing wrong with selling stamps
Fake Lurk: uh, yeah there is. It's a federal offense F-tard.
How stupid

Bluefield, WV

#17 Oct 19, 2011
Lurk wrote:
Okay, get a life, get a job because I can't stand people like you. I'm working and paying for mine and you'r groceries. That's okay because I still come out ahead of you. Really???? How stupid of you to think nothing is wrong with selling food stamps. Guess you abuse the system like some others do. Like I said, get a job idiot. I'm sick of people like you free loading and abusing. Go eat you'r ramen noodles for super and I'll eat steak. I paid for mine. Hey, I paid for your's too.
whobob

Saint Albans, WV

#18 Oct 19, 2011
Mike Smith wrote:

I strongly agree with everything you just said.
ANONOMOUS

Weston, WV

#19 Oct 19, 2011
concerned wrote:
ugh......
where do I start?
First of all, her kids are gone, why does she get food stamps? If she needs assistance with food while pregnant then she should just get WIC so she wouldnt be able to sell food stamps for cash.
Second, I couldnt imagine anything else in my life going on other than FINDING my child....not trying to figure out what I could sell for cash such as food stamps.
Third, Cell phone...yet not job. Who is paying for that?
Praying this baby girl is found safe with someone who was willing to take care of her the way she deserved.
AMEN TO THAT

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#20 Oct 19, 2011
Lurk wrote:
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, but to hit closer to home with you it's "monkey see, monkey do."
concerned

Clarksburg, WV

#21 Oct 19, 2011
Lurk wrote:
YOUR AN IDIOT.
There is a difference in people that NEED assistance while trying to get on their feet and then there are people like you who will TAKE assistance because your lazy and perfectly ok with the fact that you cannot provide for yourself so you will live off someone else until you have sucked the welfare system dry. I, on the other hand would rather "scrape" by and do it on MY OWN than to have hand outs from other people. Your a loser!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AEP silences ethics complaint again 37 min Just_B_N_Me 38
Janet Jackson Josh Holbert to perform at super ... 41 min Kevin 1
Josh Holbert opens sandwich shop 41 min The Last Warrior ... 5
Obama n Hillary puppet manchin 1 hr Nancy 1
Taking you medication will help you 1 hr David 3
Jerry Waters 1 hr Homeless 6
Homeless Beauty Pageant 3 hr Event Planner 1

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance