Former Marion deputy claims sexual discrimination

Dec 10, 2011 Full story: Charleston Gazette 37

A former Marion County Sheriff's deputy alleges he was forced to resign earlier this year after the sheriff discovered he is gay.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 11

Clarksburg, WV

#1 Dec 11, 2011
If this is true the Sheriff should resign. This only makes the county look bad. I wonder if he is sueing?
just been readin

AOL

#2 Dec 11, 2011
i think he should sue.there are deputies in marion co.that have no business in le.and the sheriff lets them do whatever they want.you cant even talk to the sheriff he wont talk to anyone.law enforcement in marion co.is crooked.been there done that.you have bonding co.there that are in bed with the deputies.he is crooked also.and the thing that pisses you off is no one will do anything.its been taken to the procecutor and he dont do anything either.
Carpenter

Fairmont, WV

#3 Dec 11, 2011
Carpenter is a two faced ass! He makes himself out to be all religious, but stabs all his friends in the back and talks about them. His time is coming, Geno will when the next election.
just wondering

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 11, 2011
So was he set up by the 911 dispatcher? She called him and said that there were a lot of people out with her. Then it was just her and the 21 year old.
Poor guy. I feel really bad for him either way.
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#5 Dec 11, 2011
Which definition best applies here for the word Dispatch?

dis·patch   [dih-spach]
verb (used with object)
to send off or away with speed, as a messenger, telegram, body of troops, etc.
to dismiss (a person), as after an audience.
to put to death; kill: The spy was promptly dispatched.
to transact or dispose of (a matter) promptly or speedily.
2 posts removed
nicole

United States

#8 Dec 11, 2011
I agree with Brittany. The only people that ever have a problem with the police are the ones who are always in trouble. People always feel the need to down grade the police, or some sort of public figure. I feel we should be thankful for these people instead of criticizing them! Have you ever had a problem and called 911 an they said oh sorry we are closed?? No these people work 24/7, holidays, away from their families, and long hours. No one is perfect, how would you like for someone to pick through your every move? So I would like to say thanks for the MCSD for everything they do!
Brittany

Fairmont, WV

#9 Dec 11, 2011
Carpenter wrote:
Carpenter is a two faced ass! He makes himself out to be all religious, but stabs all his friends in the back and talks about them. His time is coming, Geno will when the next election.
i think its suppose to be win not when ... hope ur not leading his campaign ..
meh

Fairmont, WV

#10 Dec 11, 2011
Beavis wrote:
Which definition best applies here for the word Dispatch?

dis·patch   [dih-spach]
verb (used with object)
to send off or away with speed, as a messenger, telegram, body of troops, etc.
to dismiss (a person), as after an audience.
to put to death; kill: The spy was promptly dispatched.
to transact or dispose of (a matter) promptly or speedily.
Beavis is still not funny
jon m

Fairmont, WV

#11 Dec 13, 2011
@Brittany yes people do make mistakes but if it was u or i we would be in jail the mcsd should show leadership and as for joe i would like to no what the other charge was he fired him over did something else get sweeped under the rug in marion county seems like that happens alot these days and one question if there are any cops on here the biy they shot out on by the fort are we not shooting for mid section of body anymore between the eys seems alittle strange if you ask me
Brittany

Fairmont, WV

#12 Dec 13, 2011
jon m wrote:
@Brittany yes people do make mistakes but if it was u or i we would be in jail the mcsd should show leadership and as for joe i would like to no what the other charge was he fired him over did something else get sweeped under the rug in marion county seems like that happens alot these days and one question if there are any cops on here the biy they shot out on by the fort are we not shooting for mid section of body anymore between the eys seems alittle strange if you ask me
what would u do if someone would pull a loaded guy on you? I think he did what he had to do to save his life n others ... as for joe n the sheriffs dept i think the public doesnt need to knw everything that goes on thats why they r law enforcemnt i dnt thinks its anyones business what goes n the dept they need to worry about themselves not everyone else.. they work long shifts n risks their lives everyday i think instead of everyone hating on them n pointing out all the bad they need to think about all the positive they do n thank them for risking their lives everyday
Tax Payer

Shinnston, WV

#13 Dec 13, 2011
@Brittany. YES, we do have a right to know what goes on in that department. We pay taxes that supports this department. The Sheriff is a public official. A man dies in their custody and nothing is done. A internal investigation was done on a officer involved shooting and it takes MONTHS for the Sheriff to turn any thing over to the Prosecutor? A Fairmont Officer kills a man in self defense and who investigates it? The State Police. The Deputy was probably justified in defending himself and I'm sure a external investigation would have agreed. It is just seem extremely strange that the Sheriff didn't want anybody else investigating the other two events but there would have been an outside agency investigating a officer touching another person. Strange indeed. Don't get me wrong there are some great Deputies working there, and then there are some that i hear bad things about.
dannn da man!

Fairmont, WV

#14 Dec 13, 2011
Tax Payer wrote:
@Brittany. YES, we do have a right to know what goes on in that department. We pay taxes that supports this department. The Sheriff is a public official. A man dies in their custody and nothing is done. A internal investigation was done on a officer involved shooting and it takes MONTHS for the Sheriff to turn any thing over to the Prosecutor? A Fairmont Officer kills a man in self defense and who investigates it? The State Police. The Deputy was probably justified in defending himself and I'm sure a external investigation would have agreed. It is just seem extremely strange that the Sheriff didn't want anybody else investigating the other two events but there would have been an outside agency investigating a officer touching another person. Strange indeed. Don't get me wrong there are some great Deputies working there, and then there are some that i hear bad things about.
Wahhh Wahhh Wahhh you don't have to know everything ya cry baby! Ohhhh tax payer eh? Boy everyone uses that line..tell us something we haven't heard! Do us a favor, go back to your couch and go back to scanner land!
jon m

Fairmont, WV

#15 Dec 14, 2011
i think if you knew everthing that goes on u would be scared
jon m

Fairmont, WV

#16 Dec 14, 2011
@brittany u need to get some facts before u talk first off i didnt know the davuis had a gun pulled on him at the goal rush second we seen what mcsd does when a guns pulled on them they et one right between the eyes
1 post removed
Dann da man!

Fairmont, WV

#18 Dec 14, 2011
jon m wrote:
i think if you knew everthing that goes on u would be scared
Jon you sound like a cop anyways..must be one of those ones who won't go in first..just sit in your cruiser and act like your in charge..it's ok don't be scurred!
1 post removed
jon m

Fairmont, WV

#20 Dec 14, 2011
No dann not scared i dont have to have 2 to 3 other uniforms with me like must mcsd do but the point remains it seems like joe lost control i agree with chrissi82 all they worry about is the dui in this county nothing else
Brittany

United States

#21 Dec 15, 2011
Jon m sounds like u work for fairmont
jon m spealing b champon

Fairmont, WV

#22 Dec 15, 2011
jon m wrote:
@brittany u need to get some facts before u talk first off i didnt know the davuis had a gun pulled on him at the goal rush second we seen what mcsd does when a guns pulled on them they et one right between the eyes
jon m i think u need to get your facts straight and learn to spell. your embarrassing FPD
jon m

Fairmont, WV

#23 Dec 15, 2011
sounds like you know how mcsd operates

Since: Dec 11

Morgantown, WV

#24 Dec 17, 2011
Did anyone end up getting charged in this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paranormal spirit box sessions and EVP recordings. 6 min ROY 14
Tracie woodrum and danny 8 min just wondering 1
What happened to Ruthie Bays 9 min A Mom 2
sonographer 1 hr look it up 3
looking for female 2 hr curious 4
junkie Miranda Hull 2 hr AFL 10
God is a lie 3 hr REally ToO 72
Getting my wife to swallow. 5 hr Dave 54
Charleston Dating
Find my Match