Why all of a sudden do men carry back...

Why all of a sudden do men carry backpacks?

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Confused

Martinsburg, WV

#1 Aug 5, 2013
When did it become fashionable for men to carry backpacks? It reminds me of pocket books. What in the world do they have in there that is so imporatnt to carry around on their back?

Maybe I can see a homeless person toting around one with all his worldly possesions inside, but all the rest of the guys I just don't get it.

Ok you get up go to work and come home. What's the purse for fell's?
ccwoman

Charleston, WV

#2 Aug 5, 2013
LOL - well men used to carry briefcases - telephone tablets with pen and calender - now backpacks. Mostly young professional's probably go to the gym before or after work.

Most people carrying backpacks can have mobile meth labs though - that must be your theory huh?
Chelle

United States

#3 Aug 5, 2013
That's what I always think, meth lab
Coon Skin Joe

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Aug 5, 2013
The back packs are full of condoms.
Confused

Martinsburg, WV

#5 Aug 5, 2013
No it's not meth labs I am thinking of even though it does happen. I justy see so many young and middle aged carrying them and I was just wondering.

I think maybe it's just a fad that may stay or not, i know i'll never go that route.

If a person is doing the gym after work thing then why carry the backpack into work, why not leave it in the car?

Those guys carry them everywhere like it's a piece of clothing
Bryan

Charleston, WV

#6 Aug 5, 2013
Confused wrote:
No it's not meth labs I am thinking of even though it does happen. I justy see so many young and middle aged carrying them and I was just wondering.
I think maybe it's just a fad that may stay or not, i know i'll never go that route.
If a person is doing the gym after work thing then why carry the backpack into work, why not leave it in the car?
Those guys carry them everywhere like it's a piece of clothing
it is handy to carry your stuff in. are you a
R E T A R D?
backpack

Chesapeake, OH

#7 Aug 5, 2013
In my backpack I carry 4 spare magazines for my pistol, a trauma kit, 200 feet of para cord, a kabar, a backup pistol, an mre, a lighter, a poncho, and a change of clothes.
Coon Skin Joe

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Aug 5, 2013
backpack wrote:
In my backpack I carry 4 spare magazines for my pistol, a trauma kit, 200 feet of para cord, a kabar, a backup pistol, an mre, a lighter, a poncho, and a change of clothes.
Do you also carry a card with your next scheduled appointment at the mental clinic.
kek

Charleston, WV

#9 Aug 5, 2013
School
It looks Gay to me

Martinsburg, WV

#10 Aug 7, 2013
Men toting around a backpack is nothing more than carrying a pocketbook. They have their hairbrush and maybe a mirror inside along with chapstick and maybe their gloves and a bottle of warm water.

I'm telling you it's just a pocket book on the back. Hell most of them just haul it around with their hands. Sort a like a pocketbook.

It looks gay to me.
duck my sick

Charleston, WV

#11 Aug 7, 2013
It looks Gay to me wrote:
Men toting around a backpack is nothing more than carrying a pocketbook. They have their hairbrush and maybe a mirror inside along with chapstick and maybe their gloves and a bottle of warm water.
I'm telling you it's just a pocket book on the back. Hell most of them just haul it around with their hands. Sort a like a pocketbook.
It looks gay to me.
just come out of the closet. it is obvious you are a flamer. no one cares except your gay daddy who pretends he is straight too.
1 post removed
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#13 Aug 7, 2013
Confused wrote:
When did it become fashionable for men to carry backpacks? It reminds me of pocket books. What in the world do they have in there that is so imporatnt to carry around on their back?
Maybe I can see a homeless person toting around one with all his worldly possesions inside, but all the rest of the guys I just don't get it.
LV, My husband, carries his balls in his.
1 post removed
duck my sick

Charleston, WV

#15 Aug 7, 2013
[QUOTE who="uhm.."]<quot ed text>
Wow, you have all the gay terms down. Spoken like a true pole smoker.[/QUOTE]and you must be a pole smoker to know i have all the terms down by your logic
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#16 Aug 7, 2013
Nancy wrote:
...and probably his boyfriends too.
Oh no, He carries his own golf balls.
Good question

Martinsburg, WV

#17 Aug 7, 2013
What stuff do men have to carry that is so important now that wasn't 10 years ago? I mean why all of a sudden is it important to have your hairbrush and a mirror etc. with you today?

I mean what else could be in there?
Leon

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Aug 7, 2013
If he carries a mirror and hairbrush he is most definitely a pole climber.
If you ask me

Martinsburg, WV

#19 Aug 7, 2013
Backpacks were initially for backpacking and hiking. You would carry your bare essentials inside, food, clothing, first aid kit, maybe an extra blanket and maybe your mattress pad, etc.

But, now these men just carry one to try and look cool, but all they're doing is the opposite.

If it's a laptop you want to tote around why not just carry a laptop case?

Yes it is kind of fairy looking if you ask me.
1 post removed
duck my sick

Charleston, WV

#21 Aug 7, 2013
that is your business and no one elses
1 post removed
Sarah

Olathe, KS

#23 Jul 24, 2014
Where I work they wear backpacks and some pull the small suitcase on wheels, both I believe are trends in the business culture. I'm surprised with the tablet that the trend has not turned to more compact methods of carrying computers to and from work? Makes me wish I'd bought shares in backpacks though!
1 post removed
get a grip

Little River, SC

#25 Jul 24, 2014
Confused wrote:

When I was in college 25-30 years ago, guys were carrying backpacks to school. Since then, I've seen them carrying them - so in answer to your "when did it become fashionable" question ---- I would say at least 25 or 30 years ago

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girl who sits outside dollar general 9 min Liz 5
Anna Ranson update? 12 min Dont know her 7
Callie Carte 14 min Looooooser 2
Where is Justin? 30 min A Shift or B Shift 7
Sherry from Dunbar 1 hr Used2bneighbor 15
News Kanawha bar owners to intensify smoking fight (Sep '08) 1 hr Drugs are bad 8
Larry King to join WSAZ 1 hr Viagrow 2

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages