Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#1 Nov 27, 2012
Going to Heaven is not automatic, reservations are required! Most men/women will not make it to heaven because they think too lowly of God's standards and too highly of their own character. They are doubly deceived. They are blind to the true nature of God's justice; and they are equally blind to the true nature of their own guilt.
Men/women of the world see things however they want to see them-usually in their own favor. MEN OF GOD see things as God sees them-always in His favor. It isn't enough to "feel" safe. And it isn't wise to "take your own chances." MEN/WOMEN OF GOD open their hearts and ask the Lord to lead them. They want to know for sure how to deal with their corruptions. They want to understand in simple clear terms how they can overcome the consequences for their sins. They don't want to wait until they die to see if they made the right decisions. They want to know in advance. Thankfully, that's why God gave us the Bible-to prepare us for Heaven! Please read Ephesians 2:1-10, Thank You The Preacherman01.

With Jesus in your life you are something, without Jesus in your life you are nothing but just a whip pup for Satan FACT....
Ay Thee Yist

Charleston, WV

#2 Nov 27, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Going to Heaven is not automatic, reservations are required! Most men/women will not make it to heaven because they think too lowly of God's standards and too highly of their own character. They are doubly deceived. They are blind to the true nature of God's justice; and they are equally blind to the true nature of their own guilt.
Men/women of the world see things however they want to see them-usually in their own favor. MEN OF GOD see things as God sees them-always in His favor. It isn't enough to "feel" safe. And it isn't wise to "take your own chances." MEN/WOMEN OF GOD open their hearts and ask the Lord to lead them. They want to know for sure how to deal with their corruptions. They want to understand in simple clear terms how they can overcome the consequences for their sins. They don't want to wait until they die to see if they made the right decisions. They want to know in advance. Thankfully, that's why God gave us the Bible-to prepare us for Heaven! Please read Ephesians 2:1-10, Thank You The Preacherman01.
With Jesus in your life you are something, without Jesus in your life you are nothing but just a whip pup for Satan FACT....
You mean, even as a grown up, you still believe in that stuff? Do you think the Easter Bunny is real too?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 27, 2012
Your religion is made up by man, same as all the rest. There is no God. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#4 Nov 27, 2012
YFNA wrote:
Your religion is made up by man, same as all the rest. There is no God. I challenge you to prove otherwise.
Only a fool would say there is no God is that you? Why do you let Satan control your life, just how did you get on this earth??

Location hidden

#5 Nov 27, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> Only a fool would say there is no God is that you? Why do you let Satan control your life, just how did you get on this earth??
As I thought, you have nothing but baseless assertions.

P. S. Satan is just as imaginary. Aren't you a bit old for invisible friends?

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#6 Nov 28, 2012
YFNA wrote:
<quoted text>
As I thought, you have nothing but baseless assertions.
P. S. Satan is just as imaginary. Aren't you a bit old for invisible friends?
What you said in your comment proves that Satan controls you. Real men/women walks with the Lord Jesus Christ, those who don't walk with Jesus walks with Satan. If you don't have Jesus in your life, the day on your death bed you will come face to face with that imaginary. And at that time it will not be so funny to you, you better read Hosea 4:6....

Location hidden

#7 Nov 28, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> What you said in your comment proves that Satan controls you. Real men/women walks with the Lord Jesus Christ, those who don't walk with Jesus walks with Satan. If you don't have Jesus in your life, the day on your death bed you will come face tno face with that imaginary. And at that time it will not be so funny to you, you better read Hosea 4:6....
I've read your bible. Not impressed, nor does it go a single inch toward proving the existence of a deity. You say a lot but are offering nothing to back it up. I see no difference between christianity and Islam, Hindu or any other religion or cult.

Since: Sep 11

Charleston, WV

#8 Nov 28, 2012
YFNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read your bible. Not impressed, nor does it go a single inch toward proving the existence of a deity. You say a lot but are offering nothing to back it up. I see no difference between christianity and Islam, Hindu or any other religion or cult.
For someone who has supposedly read the book, you don't seem to understand the purpose of the Bible. There was never an intent to prove Christianity. It was about believing without proof. You either choose to believe or not.
truth

Chesapeake, VA

#9 Nov 28, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
by GRACE are you saved through Christ! if you're a true Preacher then you should know the rest of thy scripture and you should know the meaning.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#10 Nov 28, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>by GRACE are you saved through Christ! if you're a true Preacher then you should know the rest of thy scripture and you should know the meaning.
I know what I am saying here on topix you can bank on that. I have been a Pastor for more then 20yrs. God and I own 4 churches 3 of them in the USA and one in Vietnam all together there is 275.000 members in our Churches. As for me knowing the meaning of each Scripture in God Bible you can count on me knowing them all FACT....

Location hidden

#11 Nov 28, 2012
Louda wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who has supposedly read the book, you don't seem to understand the purpose of the Bible. There was never an intent to prove Christianity. It was about believing without proof. You either choose to believe or not.
Yes, that was my point. No religion offers an ounce of proof to back up its claims, so why believe christianity over any other?

Location hidden

#12 Nov 28, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> I know what I am saying here on topix you can bank on that. I have been a Pastor for more then 20yrs. God and I own 4 churches 3 of them in the USA and one in Vietnam all together there is 275.000 members in our Churches. As for me knowing the meaning of each Scripture in God Bible you can count on me knowing them all FACT....
Isn't telling a lie a sin to your god? How about hubris?

Charleston, WV

#13 Nov 29, 2012
YFNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that was my point. No religion offers an ounce of proof to back up its claims, so why believe christianity over any other?
Because it isn't about logic or proof. It's about belief. You will be exposed to many religions during the course of your life and making the choice to believe one of them or none of them is something you do based on your feelings, not usually on which one is more likely.

Charleston, WV

#14 Nov 29, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> I know what I am saying here on topix you can bank on that. I have been a Pastor for more then 20yrs. God and I own 4 churches 3 of them in the USA and one in Vietnam all together there is 275.000 members in our Churches. As for me knowing the meaning of each Scripture in God Bible you can count on me knowing them all FACT....
You sound like a pompous jerk and the reason that Christians have a bad name in society these days. Good pastors don't need to brag about how many people follow them on a Website. I think you need to reread the book you pretend to know so well.
Cmon Man

Charleston, WV

#15 Nov 29, 2012
Louda wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a pompous jerk and the reason that Christians have a bad name in society these days. Good pastors don't need to brag about how many people follow them on a Website. I think you need to reread the book you pretend to know so well.
Amen!! All of your assertions are reasonable. But there are plenty of reasons Christians (and most other organized religious groups for that matter) have a bad name these days. Their belief systems are outdated, and mankind has progressed beyond explaining the natural world with magic, spirits and ficticious realms in the sky and such.
truethat

United States

#16 Nov 29, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>Only a fool would say there is no God is that you? Why do you let Satan control your life, just how did you get on this earth??
It is a sin to call someone a fool

Charleston, WV

#17 Nov 29, 2012
Cmon Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!! All of your assertions are reasonable. But there are plenty of reasons Christians (and most other organized religious groups for that matter) have a bad name these days. Their belief systems are outdated, and mankind has progressed beyond explaining the natural world with magic, spirits and ficticious realms in the sky and such.
Thanks. I guess what bothers me is what bothers most about the subject. Peoples' beliefs have been tainted over the years. Jesus spent his whole adult life working to change the way people practiced religion. It was meant as an accepting religion, not a condemning, judgmental one. People take a book with them every Sunday to church that they don't crack open and actually read the other six days of the week. They miss the parts where Jesus takes up for a prostitute, showing her love instead of condemnation. Christians now, at the point when everyone else is finally starting to accept everyone, are alienating them and publically challenging them. Jesus wouldn't have acted this way. Christian means stiving to be Christ-like. I don't think that a lot of them get the right message anymore. Real Christians aren't supposed to act like this pastor.
Cmon Man

Charleston, WV

#18 Nov 29, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Then you are nothing more than a panderer of fairy tales in my opinion. You choose not to discuss what (if any) helpful activites you take part in within these communities, but get rather boast about how many converts you have persuaded to join your cult. Thus confirming your status as a douch bag. FACT.
smh

Springfield, NJ

#19 Nov 29, 2012
You don't go to McDonald's for a brain scan...don't come to topix for religion or politics. Or anything other than a big dose of bullying.
Cmon Man

Charleston, WV

#20 Nov 29, 2012
Louda wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I guess what bothers me is what bothers most about the subject. Peoples' beliefs have been tainted over the years. Jesus spent his whole adult life working to change the way people practiced religion. It was meant as an accepting religion, not a condemning, judgmental one. People take a book with them every Sunday to church that they don't crack open and actually read the other six days of the week. They miss the parts where Jesus takes up for a prostitute, showing her love instead of condemnation. Christians now, at the point when everyone else is finally starting to accept everyone, are alienating them and publically challenging them. Jesus wouldn't have acted this way. Christian means stiving to be Christ-like. I don't think that a lot of them get the right message anymore. Real Christians aren't supposed to act like this pastor.
Well, here's the part that'll shock people, but I am a staunch athiest and I agree wholeheartedly with almost eveything you have said. The prevailing "problem" with Christianity, in my opinion, is and nearly always has been, the church itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News W.Va. team headed to Fla. for hurricane response 3 hr txccrn54 46
Kanawha-Charleston Humane Association 4 hr concerned 1
To Many Deer in The Area 4 hr Truth 82
Hooters 4 hr hooter 76
Child support 5 hr Enter Username 14
campbells creek neighborhood watch 5 hr lenny 31
polished(kc) (Sep '16) 8 hr Mother FireFly 19
Drama at KC Nautilus 12 hr Jordan 50

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web