Charleston-Kanawha Housing Authority ...
Nippon Express

Frankfurt An Der Oder, Germany

#332 Sep 30, 2013
jui
STFU

Chesapeake, OH

#333 Sep 30, 2013
I mean I agree. But Topix won't stop this. It's the media then other steps. The public should know and see this place. There can be a petition or meeting and that can lead of shutting it down.
I Know it

Chesapeake, OH

#334 Sep 30, 2013
Topix won't close it down. Being on here i mean , it will not get it shut down.
13 posts removed
Intheknow

Charleston, WV

#348 Sep 30, 2013
Amy Lewis is a tenant of CKHA and she Was the Manager of her own house she never put the utilities in her name and CKHA paid them. When she was caught nothing was done about it. She protects all drug dealers by putting them on the FSS program then their rent goes to zero!
3 posts removed
Intheknow

Charleston, WV

#352 Sep 30, 2013
checking out wrote:
I see that Denese Lee has retired from Ckha, I guess she was smart enough to see the writing on the wall!
She was thick as thieves with Kenny, Allen and mostly Butch
11 posts removed
john

Charleston, WV

#364 Oct 1, 2013
Intheknow wrote:
<quoted text>
No the City of Charleston does NOT have any control over CKHA only HUD does and Mark has been pulling the wool over their eyes for years! The mayor only appoints the commission and he has done a piss poor job of that remember the one he appointed that had to be remove Romona for fraud? Then he put in the Verna from Orchard who's boyfriend lived with her and he still is in Orchard and he sells drugs.
In the know does not know.
Your statement about CKHA not being under the control of the city of Charleston is totally false.
By definition a public housing authority is under the control of the local government. Since CKHA is a public housing authority (PHA), they are under the direct control of the local government not HUD.
Since CKHA uses both HUD (older units) and the IRS (new tax credit units), they have to follow the guidelines that both agencies have put in place or they will loose their funding. However the PHA is allowed to set their own rules as long as they donít conflict with either HUD or the IRS guidelines.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) administers Federal aid to local housing agencies (HAís) that manage the housing for low-income residents at rents they can afford. HUD furnishes technical and professional assistance in planning, developing and managing these developments. http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD...
Intheknow

Charleston, WV

#365 Oct 1, 2013
John hate to tell you but you are WRONG! FYI the new units are not owned by CKHA. They only manage them for the Russians that do own them! All the tax credits belong to the same company that owns city park! Ten South. So if you knew what you were talking about you would know that none I repeat none of the tax credits are owned by CKHA. They only manage them as property managers. Check out the leases they are under Housing Innovations.
Intheknow

Charleston, WV

#366 Oct 1, 2013
Anytime Charleston Housing rating goes down HUD can come in and take over the whole thing but not sure what they would get now that Mark Taylor gave Washington, Littlepage and Orchard to the Russians. He deeded over the land and now CKHA does NOT own them.
Intheknow

Charleston, WV

#367 Oct 1, 2013
If you want things to change you need to take the fight to HUD.
question

North Tazewell, VA

#368 Oct 1, 2013
innowayperfect wrote:
Yeah! But have YOU heard that the FEDS are getting ready to order the U.S. Marshals Service to bust CKHA on West Washington Street and cease all their records for U.S. HUD and WV State funds embezzlement?
I WENT THREW THE HOUSING OFFICE ON WEST WASHINGTON STREET AND WAS TAKEN OFF THE PROGRAM BECAUSE THEY SAID THEY UNDER CHARGER ME SO I OWED THEM 1000.00.I WAS ON THE HUD PROGRAM FOR 8 YEAR TILL THAT HAPPEN.i could not get back on the program till i paid the money back why should i be responsible for there mistake are was it a mistake after reading all this what should i do.
Ramone

Charleston, WV

#369 Oct 1, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text>I WENT THREW THE HOUSING OFFICE ON WEST WASHINGTON STREET AND WAS TAKEN OFF THE PROGRAM BECAUSE THEY SAID THEY UNDER CHARGER ME SO I OWED THEM 1000.00.I WAS ON THE HUD PROGRAM FOR 8 YEAR TILL THAT HAPPEN.i could not get back on the program till i paid the money back why should i be responsible for there mistake are was it a mistake after reading all this what should i do.
What should you do? You've only have had to pay to pay $1000 for 8 years of rent. That's $10.42 a month! Why would you even be asking this question?

Try this:

Pickup a paper or go online and see how much monthly rent is for an apartment, townhouse, and home.

If you can find anything comparable to what you are currently living in for $10.42 a month.

I'd be running back to this place that rents for $10.42 a month as fast as I can and kiss every ass needed to get that deal again.

You can't live in some places around here for $1000 A MONTH!
Intheknow

Charleston, WV

#370 Oct 1, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text>I WENT THREW THE HOUSING OFFICE ON WEST WASHINGTON STREET AND WAS TAKEN OFF THE PROGRAM BECAUSE THEY SAID THEY UNDER CHARGER ME SO I OWED THEM 1000.00.I WAS ON THE HUD PROGRAM FOR 8 YEAR TILL THAT HAPPEN.i could not get back on the program till i paid the money back why should i be responsible for there mistake are was it a mistake after reading all this what should i do.
If you read the papers you sign it states that if there is a mistake in the agreement your fault or theirs you still agree to abide by their decision. Did you try to make a payment plan with them or was one offered? You could contact HUD and inform them if no agreement was offered. If you failed to disclose income and your payment was lower due to that fact then you haven't got a leg to stand on. Good luck
Intheknow

Charleston, WV

#371 Oct 2, 2013
Ramone wrote:
<quoted text>
What should you do? You've only have had to pay to pay $1000 for 8 years of rent. That's $10.42 a month! Why would you even be asking this question?
Try this:
Pickup a paper or go online and see how much monthly rent is for an apartment, townhouse, and home.
If you can find anything comparable to what you are currently living in for $10.42 a month.
I'd be running back to this place that rents for $10.42 a month as fast as I can and kiss every ass needed to get that deal again.
They didn't say that all they paid in 8 years they said that the owed that amount due to a mistake.
john

Charleston, WV

#372 Oct 2, 2013
Intheknow wrote:
John hate to tell you but you are WRONG! FYI the new units are not owned by CKHA. They only manage them for the Russians that do own them! All the tax credits belong to the same company that owns city park! Ten South. So if you knew what you were talking about you would know that none I repeat none of the tax credits are owned by CKHA. They only manage them as property managers. Check out the leases they are under Housing Innovations.
Again intheknow posts another false article. No where in my post do I state that CKHA owns the tax credits. They will own them in 15 years though. My post had nothing to do with who owned the apartment complexes. You really need to learn how to read.
question

North Tazewell, VA

#373 Oct 2, 2013
Ramone wrote:
<quoted text>
Try this:
i COULD NOT SIGN BACK UP FOR HUD UNTIL I PAID THE 10OO BACK MY RENT WAS MORE THEN THAT.I am not saying i want back on it i got off of it i'm just saying after reading all of this stuff maybe i really didn't owe this maybe someone ws being shady i mean why would i owe for there mistake.
question

North Tazewell, VA

#374 Oct 2, 2013
Ramone wrote:
<quoted text>
Try this:
This was the last year i renyed threw them that the so called mistake was made,but after reading all this i am questioning this ,i also was having trouble with a neighbor who was friend with the head of the housing people somethings just not feeling right not when your on it 8 years with no trouble do everything they say.
3 posts removed
john

Charleston, WV

#378 Oct 3, 2013
PLEASE CLARIFY wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
PLEASR IGNORE MY PREVIOUS PARTIAL RESPONSE. THIS IS THE FULL RESPONSE VERSION.(I really need to learn to stop prematurely touching that POST BUTTON!) LOL
We (the tenants) understand your most recent comment here. But PLEASE CLARIFY the same. Our MISSION is to bring down O-N-L-Y CKHA, ITS CORRUPTION, and ITS EMPLOYEES. We are not interested in INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE at this time. Thanks, but no thanks! ONE BATTLE WILL SUFFICE.(We don't intend to start an international war, ha, ha.) Let the Russians deal with the Russians!!!
D-O-E-S MARK TAYLOR AND CKHA STILL M-A-N-A-G-E the THREE PROPERTIES you stated above???
If "NO," then you are CORRECT and he CANNOT BE FIRED at any LOCAL WV LEVEL for these property issues, but HE CAN (AND WILL) STILL BE FULLY PROSECUTED BY U.S. DOJ, HUD, FBI, ETC. AS MANAGING LANDLORD OF THE O-T-H-E-R HUD PROPERTIES!
If "YES," then you are INCORRECT and he CAN BE FIRED at the LOCAL or STATE WV LEVEL for these property issues, and HE CAN (AND WILL) STILL BE FULLY PROSECUTED BY U.S DOJ, HUD, FBI, ETC. AS MANAGING LANDLORD OF T-H-E-S-E AND ALL OTHER C-K-H-A MANAGED HUD PROPERTIES!
We ALREADY know that HOUSING INNOVATIONS are on the lease paperwork for these THREE properties, albeit, we DIDN'T KNOW that they were managing them for RUSSIANS. KUDOS TO YOU FOR THAT VERY IMPORTANT BIT OF INFORMATION IF YOU CAN OFFER VALIDATION THAT THE RUSSIANS DO IN FACT L-E-G-A-L-L-Y OWN THESE THREE LOCAL CHARLESTON, WV TENANT PROPERTIES.
Also, does HOUSING INNOVATIONS have its own RUSSIANS managing THESE THREE PROPERTIES, or is it STILL CKHA, or is yet another third-party group of employees?
First of all Alan Ives LLC is the General Contractor of the construction and as such they are the owners of the buildings only for 15 years after each one is built then they are to be sold to CKHA.

Second yes CKHA is the manager for the three complexes.

Third Alan Ives is a WV LLC series B corporation based in Charleston, WV and Chicago, Ill not a Russian company.. http://apps.sos.wv.gov/business/corporations/... and type in Alan Ives

Fourth the funding for the building of these tax credits comes from the IRS issuing tax credits. The LIHTC Program, which is based on Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code, was enacted by Congress in 1986 to provide the private market with an incentive to invest in affordable rental housing. Federal housing tax credits are awarded to developers of qualified projects. Developers then sell these credits to investors to raise capital (or equity) for their projects, which reduces the debt that the developer would otherwise have to borrow. Because the debt is lower, a tax credit property can in turn offer lower, more affordable rents.
Provided the property maintains compliance with the program requirements, investors receive a dollar-for-dollar credit against their Federal tax liability each year over a period of 10 years. The amount of the annual credit is based on the amount invested in the affordable housing. Before we go on, let's take a look at the difference between tax credits and tax deductions:
The LIHTC are under IRS program requirements while the non LIHTC units are under HUD program requirements

For information on Housing Innovations go to http://apps.sos.wv.gov/business/corporations/... and type in Housing Innovations in the organization block.
7 posts removed
CAN

North Tazewell, VA

#386 Oct 8, 2013
Investigate wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry QUESTION. I meant to say 'sniffing' and not 'snuffing.' LOL
Can someone show me where it says in the application who is responsible if the little page office makes a mistake and under charges you while your on hud after 8 years and i have to pay it back before i could get back on it but i just moved the last year they made a mistake they said.Where they involved in anyway with this illegal stuff we had trouble with a neighbor and he was friend with the head of hud and i just feel like something crook happen we always followed the rules like i said 8 years no problems.
1 post removed
Intheknow

Charleston, WV

#388 Oct 9, 2013
CAN wrote:
<quoted text>Can someone show me where it says in the application who is responsible if the little page office makes a mistake and under charges you while your on hud after 8 years and i have to pay it back before i could get back on it but i just moved the last year they made a mistake they said.Where they involved in anyway with this illegal stuff we had trouble with a neighbor and he was friend with the head of hud and i just feel like something crook happen we always followed the rules like i said 8 years no problems.
It is not on the application but it is in the lease. The resident must tell how much money is coming into the household ...that is your responsibility! If you fail to tell the entire amount then that is your fault. The employee must get third party verification from your employer,social security, DHHR or whoever you receive your money from. If you as a resident fail to tell everything then they can make you pay it back or you could go to jaill if it is a lot of money. Remember this is a Federally Funded housing project.
9 posts removed
Intheknow

Charleston, WV

#398 Oct 13, 2013
VS Neighbor wrote:
I have lived on East Virginia Street for decades in close proximity to the Carroll Terrace Apartments. Could someone please tell me the name of the crazy-acting, short black man with black pantyhose on his head who is always screaming and hollering at people while he is in the parking lot - day and night? Why hasn't he been dealt with yet and evicted for his disturbances?
Voice your problem to Dannt Jones!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why was Chad Green depressed? 32 min Agry39 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 42 min Clarksburg Forum 1,281
Why can't I just have some candy?? 54 min Tom Clark 3
Breeders ARRESTED 1 hr 40cal 1
News Sissonville VFD needs $450,000 (Nov '10) 1 hr THE COMIC 39
Ex GOP Chair Busted For CHILD__MOLESTATION 1 hr Thump her 2
Two Church Pastors Among 32 Arrested 1 hr Altar Boy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages