|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

embezzlers wrote:
kenny powell, allen taylor have worked for ckha for over 30 years, they know whats going on and need to be investigated also ! they let employees take and use company supplies.butch ranson stole shit from charleston housing when he worked there also! they need to fire and prosecute every last one of them !mark taylor and janice banks needs to go too!
As a former employee I know for a fact that Kenton "Kenny" Powell and William "Butch" Ranson have stolen materials, used company equipment for personal use, stolen a brand new lawn boy mower, and used the grass crew to cut Kenny's grass at his home.

Since: Aug 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

watcher wrote:
<quoted text> to my knowledge the last cop that stayed at carroll terrace was patrolman c.j rider of the charleston police department and he did,nt do a damn thing,but bring his girlfriend to his apartment for cocktails and sweet conversation. he also drove a nice fancy black truck with a lift kit that cost 20.000 dollars! not bad for a rookie patrolman. they had a black state trooper at dunbar and a kanawha county deputy in rand .they all did nothing but get free rent.the people in rand complained that the deputy,s police dog crapped in their yards all the time and drugs were still being sold and used in housing apartments!but you know its really not about the cops, it ,s about management and the way things are being run with ckha that really need investigated. the money thats generated to ckha comes from the feds and that money is our money taxpayers! so if its being mismanaged or used in the wrong way, we have a right to know. if theres really corruption or mismanagement of federal funds,, than the people responsable nedd to be held accountable period!
The officers move out on the own, they are not forced out!

Since: Aug 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

innowayperfect wrote:
<quoted text>
ABSOLUTELY!!! There must be a CLEAN SLATE OF NEW EMPLOYEES to start fresh again! The current CKHA cannot be salvaged. Remember - Mark Taylor worked right along side the previous Executive Director, Zelma Boggess, who was fired for embezzlement around 2000 BEFORE the FEDS could seize their records and prosecute her and CKHA. Mark Taylor 'convinced' the City of Charleston and then-Board of Directors to promote him into the position after her termination - hence the corruption continues.
Zelma was not fired for embezzlement. The city of charleston has no control or influence on how CKHA is ran.
bruno

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Riverlife wrote:
<quoted text>
Zelma was not fired for embezzlement. The city of charleston has no control or influence on how CKHA is ran.
If the city of Charleston has no authority over the way CKHA is run, how come the board of commissioners of CKHA are appointed by the mayor of Charleston?
checking out

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

I see that Denese Lee has retired from Ckha, I guess she was smart enough to see the writing on the wall!
temp worker

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Riverlife wrote:
<quoted text>
As a former employee I know for a fact that Kenton "Kenny" Powell and William "Butch" Ranson have stolen materials, used company equipment for personal use, stolen a brand new lawn boy mower, and used the grass crew to cut Kenny's grass at his home.
A few years ago I worked for Charleston Housing as temp.Butch Ranson was our supervisor and he did,nt do shit.When they tore down the old Washington Manor Complex we had to move some stoves and refrigeraters from there to the west side. They had a building located beside the main office. this stuff was brand new and never used and it all just disapeared vanishhed! butch was the only person that had a key to the building!The following week Kenny Powell changed all the locks over at the Orchard Manor shop where Butch worked.Some property was stolen out of the shop and nothing was ever done about it!
11 posts removed
not true

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Half True wrote:
<quoted text>
Generally, you are correct in that most City of Charleston housing police officers voluntarily move out on their own, especially after they have "used" their assigned housing placements to get financially ahead -- providing little-to-no service patrol in exchange for their free rent.
That being said, certain police officers HAVE BEEN, and WILL CONTINUE TO BE, EVICTED all throughout the CKHA housing complex system who commit crimes themselves while residing in their designated free [FEDERAL] U.S. HUD-subsidized units.
Perfect case-in-point is the two police officers who were previously evicted from the Carroll Terrace Apartments for both committing criminal acts.
The first officer evicted was for drug usage in the apartment, and the other officer evicted was for entertaining prostitutes in his unit. Both officer evictions were ordered directly by Mark Taylor, CKHA Executive Director, after numerous tenants complained about, monitored, and recorded their criminal misconduct. The evidence was personally delivered to both Mr. Taylor and Police Chief Brent Webster. BOTH OFFICERS were literally caught in the act.
Upon eviction, one officer was placed on suspension briefly, and the other was permanently transferred out of the Charleston Police Department into the local Dunbar police unit.
A Charleston police or any police officer cannot be transfered to another police department unless its the drug unit. If a cop was caught using or possesing drugs , he would,nt be transfered. He would be FIRED!
baseless nonsense

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

oakies wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey curiouss! It's her live-in BOYFRIEND who is the drug dealer. We've been watching his worthless black as$ come-and-go all the time with his drugs. Shanda is his willing partner. She introduces interested drug buyers to him.
She still has her kids living with her here, but YES - BY DEFAULT - we guess this would make her a major accessory to drug dealing and a criminal conspirator, especially with her minor teenagers living with her. She and the boyfriend drives three different vehicles so their drug sales must be pretty good! LOL We're still checking into which one of them owns the three vehicles.
No one here at Oakhurst has ever threatened to kill Shanda directly but EVERYONE DOES HATES HER GUTS and numerous druggies here have THREATENED TO KILL HER BOYFRIEND REPEATEDLY after he stiffed them out of their crack and pot. He's pulled the old hard-brown-wax-for-crack routine so many times that you'd think these dumb ass bitc$$$ would know the difference by now. Guess not. Maybe that's why they say crack makes you whack! LOL
WE DO KNOW that numerous white and black SENIOR CITIZENS [mostly] got together and REPEATEDLY THREATENED TO KILL HER WORTHLESS AS$ at the Washington Manor Apartments for all the crimes she committed over there when she worked as an assistant under Tammy Jones. We heard that is the MAIN REASON (but not the only one) why Mark Taylor rushed her out of that building overnight, and moved her secretly over to the Carroll Terrace Apartments as a part-time housing manager. Those poor helpless seniors at Carroll Terrace were never told the truth about all the racist crimes she committed against the white seniors at Washington Manor. If they had, they might have been able to organize and stop her from coming over to their building.(We hear, however, that they are about to riot over there to get her criminal as$ arrested by the FEDS! Good for them!)
Taylor foolishly thought that no one WOULD EVER NOTICE her at Carroll Terrace, or care about all of her previous criminal, racial, and discriminatory acts she committed at WM. Yeah, right! Just like he thought none of us oakies would ever be watching her and her drug dealing boyfriend and then quietly feeding the info to the DEA AND FBI about both of them.
Oops! Guess the cat is out of the bag now!!! LOL Oh well. As for as Mark Taylor's criminal involvement in the matter, well, let's just say that his light bulb has always been quite dim! Maybe if he spent less time LEAVING WORK EARLY EACH DAY just to rush home to have sex with his gay lover on the west-side, he'd be able to focus better and concentrate on doing his job properly!!! LOL LOL LOL
Do you realize you can be tracked on your computer! Also do you realize you can be sued for slander! I see from your last few post , that you have a serious hard on for Shanda Brandon and CKHA.Understandable, Im sure your not the only on,but you can,t get on here and personely slander someone because your mad. Don,t get me wrong , if all this crap is true , all parties involved will be dealt with! So lighten up. and get a life!
8 posts removed
anotheroakie

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Housing Mangers need to go?
..... Beverly Bowers ... partly just for being stupid, but mainly because she is prejudiced.
verycurious

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

beating the system wrote:
There was a tenant that lived or still lives at Carroll Terrace named Verna Black that has been beating the housing program for years! She owns a house on Wertz Avenue. Charleston Housing is very much aware of this, and yet nothing was ever done! Far as I now the trouble making bitch still lives there! Whats up with that shit? that needs to be investigated also!
are you not allowed to own residential property and live in housing? How about owning a timeshare in another state but live in housing?
3 posts removed
verycurious

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Excellent Inquiry wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question is both very thoughtful and intelligent!!! Let me research the U.S. HUD archive website to find out EXACTLY how assets such as timeshares are computed in its "needs-base" income program. I will let you know what I learn, however, you can also start the ball rolling for yourself by visiting www.hud.gov .
I can, however, state EMPHATICALLY the following at this time for the official record:
All INCOME and ALL ASSETS of EVERY KIND must be fully disclosed to U.S. HUD on the original application(s) being completed by the individual seeking to qualify for one of its "needs-based" housing programs. All Federal subsidized housing programs are just that -- "needs-based," not "comfort-based." This is why the vast majority of applicants who DO DISCLOSE that they own a home, condominium, or time-share AUTOMATICALLY DO NOT QUALIFY FOR ANY SUCH HOUSING-ASSISTANCE PROGRAM IN THE U.S. WITHOUT FIRST PERMANENTLY LIQUIDATING AND SELLING OFF SUCH EXCESS REAL ESTATE.
Failure to disclose ALL REAL ESTATE, ALL ASSETS, AND ALL INCOME OF ALL KINDS AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS AUTOMATICALLY CONSIDERED CRIMINAL FRAUD AND CONCEALMENT BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. It will subject the applicant to criminal fines and/or imprisonment further down-the-road if s/he later becomes a tenant in one of these housing programs, and it is then discovered by the OIG (Office of Inspector General)[or any other official representative or agent of the housing program] that s/he had such additional assets [real estate] but fail to disclose the same.
U.S. HUD FRAUD INVESTIGATORS HAVE NEVER, AND WILL NEVER, ACCEPT THE 'Oh, I simply forgot that I owned a house or timeshare when I completed the application.' THEY HAVE ALWAYS CONSIDERED SUCH FAILURE TO DISCLOSE UP-FRONT AS WILLFUL FRAUD AND PERJURY.
...AND, as if criminal prosecution is not enough to scare a dishonest applicant, ALL SUBSIDIZED HOUSING PROGRAMS CAN LEGALLY FORCE A PERSON TO REPAY EVERY PENNY S/HE RECEIVED IN HOUSING BENEFITS THAT S/HE DID NOT QUALIFY FOR -- FOR UP TO TEN (10) YEARS -- EVEN AFTER EVICTION AND/OR HAVING SERVED A PRISON SENTENCE.
Shanda and her boyfriend own one
correction

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

CARROLL TERRACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Shanda Brandon drives the following vehicles:
(1) WV license 4RM-106: 4-door, BLACK Chevrolet Suburban, older vehicle with a very-dull paint finish;
(2) WV license 5UJ-726: 4-door, covered MAROON Ford Expedition EL, with SILVER-GREY lower siding, box-shaped vehicle; and
(3) There is also a new Cadillac which she drives on occasion, however, it has not been seen for several months.
You are truly welcome! I know you guys will catch whomever is 'scoping out' your beautiful community. South Hills is a truly lovely place to live!
corrected : black suburban license plate is nph-531
1 post removed
what the f

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

I thought Shanda Brandon was suspended for 3 weeks! She still here at Carroll Terrace!
verycurious

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Something else I would like to know. How is it that Shanda's daughter was put on the lease of the apartment her aunt lived in ( 2 bedroom) and was allowed to stay there when the aunt moved, but a white man who has had an application with housing for almost a year was put on the lease of another resident and when she moved out it became fraud? He is now having to move and the rent money he paid is being sent to the lady who lived in the apartment even though he was the one who paid it. Shouldn't it be returned to him? I think it's unfair to let shandas daughter live in a two bedroom apt and knock a possible single mother out of affordable housing.
1 post removed
you got that right

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

what the f wrote:
When you work for CKHA,you can do things like that! Mark Taylor and Janet Banks are nothing more than common crooks! You only get away with stuff so long before it comes back and bite you in the ass. I,ll say this if everything thats been posted on this thread is true,there won,t be just people getting fired and evicted. SOME WILL BE GOING TO FEDERAL PRISON!
YES! You hit that right on the nose! And whats even better, its to late to cover up and clean up all the mess!
time is ticking

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Mark Taylor,Janet Banks and Shanda Brandon days are numbered !

CONTACTS

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

15 LAWSUITS wrote:
<quoted text>
08/16/13: Hey OAKIES! You're going to love this! Forget the three lawsuits. Our contacts at the CARROLL TERRACE APARTMENTS have just confirmed that CKHA headquarters "accidentally" disclosed that there are now 15 personal open lawsuits against Shanda Brandon and the CKHA. Most of them will probably be settled for cash, but at least one-fourth of the Plaintiffs are going to drag CKHA and Shanda all the way through a very humiliating and public trial ordeal.
What goes around, FINALLY, comes around!
CONTACTS? AT CARROLL TERRACE ? HEEE! HEEE ! HAAA AAA LOL !! Man give me a damn break! who are they! Raymond Brown! Verna Black!Jimmy Ragland!
1 post removed
what happened

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

what happen people? everybody ran out lies to talk about!
SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

what happened wrote:
what happen people? everybody ran out lies to talk about!
NAH, JUST DID,NT WANT TO HEAR YOUR MOUTH!
Jeb

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE wrote:
<quoted text>NAH, JUST DID,NT WANT TO HEAR YOUR MOUTH!
I'm not going to shut my pie hole but if you will drop them and bend forward I will shut yours. I have a sign that says one way only.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of361
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

56 Users are viewing the Charleston Forum right now

Search the Charleston Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stop if you can 3 min Leonard 3
Congress Taxpayer Cost 7 min Leonard 2
Family Care Patrick Street 9 min Questionable 1
Get Ready for a Beauty Contest 10 min Leonard 15
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 24 min Another Damn Liberal 43,589
KKK recruitment fliers found in Parkersburg 43 min DIRTYOLD MAN 372
Judge Robert Montgomery (Aug '13) 51 min litigant 23
I Like Pubic Hair On Women 2 hr TPB 159
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Charleston People Search