creeker

Charleston, WV

#44 Jun 28, 2014
lol - I've wondered for 40 years what the appeal of the Empty Glass was. I''ve been there a few times and saw it wasn';t clean, the floors needed some work, the walls and ceilings needed painted but yet so many different types of people - long haired, long bearded, shaved heads - earrings - men dressed as women and vice versa - BUT I just enjoyed the music and sipped on a drink or two (glasses were clean) NOT ONE PERSON bothered me and I was kinda Hot in those days - and I often see in paper where well known musicians are playing a set or two there - it amazes me - oh well, it takes all kinds.......
Dece

Charleston, WV

#45 Jul 3, 2014
Will and Grace wrote:
Dece
Take my word for it there are very few so called "Professional" who are state employees and do not use the word "Work" when describing those parasites. If you are an employee for the State of West Virginia you are overpaid and under worked and you pretty much just show up collect a paycheck and go home. Now as far as the Empty Glass goes no it isn't a gay bar per say, but it is an alternative bar that borders on being like a bi sexual bar. If you are a regular in there and someone accuses you of being gay or bi then deal with it, because it comes with the turf.
I do work for the State. I actually work pretty hard in a supervisory position and am severely underpaid. I have a Bachelor's degree and am earning $15,000 less than the national median income in my profession for non-supervisors. Also, notice it IS called a profession. I have only been in that bar two times also, which was for a retirement gathering just for your information. Everyone is so negative on Topix, what shitty place.
mixed

Summersville, WV

#46 Jul 3, 2014
Any trannies that go there?
Kevin Bentar

Pittsburgh, PA

#47 Aug 1, 2014
This bar was king in the 80's and keeps rocking. The old Jimmy K's was the Great Times!
Kevin Bentar

Pittsburgh, PA

#48 Aug 1, 2014
creeker wrote:
lol - I've wondered for 40 years what the appeal of the Empty Glass was. I''ve been there a few times and saw it wasn';t clean, the floors needed some work, the walls and ceilings needed painted but yet so many different types of people - long haired, long bearded, shaved heads - earrings - men dressed as women and vice versa - BUT I just enjoyed the music and sipped on a drink or two (glasses were clean) NOT ONE PERSON bothered me and I was kinda Hot in those days - and I often see in paper where well known musicians are playing a set or two there - it amazes me - oh well, it takes all kinds.......
Was best when Jimmy K's in the 80's....
yes

Charleston, WV

#49 Aug 1, 2014
They've been hiring some crap talent lately.
Fruitloop

Charleston, WV

#50 Aug 1, 2014
When is the next drag show?
YouSoFake

Charleston, WV

#51 Aug 1, 2014
Fruitloop wrote:
When is the next drag show?
I thought you (the fake TPB) had been banned or was in jail. Hmmmph. Wishful thinking I guess. Still . Eat a bag if d!cks.
Love the Glass

Anonymous Proxy

#52 Aug 7, 2014
I've been going to the Glass for well over 20 years and it's the only place locally that pulls in cool music. Staff, including the bartenders and door guys have always been nice to me. Maybe it's not them that's the problem? People of all ages and walks of life go there. Eclectic crowd just like the music. And I'm a guy and have NEVER been hit on by a dude there. I have seen some lovely gals and taken a couple home.... and yes they were gals.:^) Lose whatever BS hangups you have or don't go. That place is like home.
Fruiloop

Charleston, WV

#53 Aug 8, 2014
Dear Love the Glass

I can't prove this, but if I were a betting man I would wager that you are telling a lie. You are probably a bi sexual male who is in the closet (please stay there) and just want others to think you don't hang at a gay bar. You know damned well you haven't taken any girls home from there and you also know that you've been hit on by some queen while there. That's where the lying part came in at.
Save your servant

Charleston, WV

#54 Aug 8, 2014
The bigots are barking up the wrong tree. Try checking out your leaders or take a long look in the mirror. This is what you'll see.

http://gawker.com/baptist-church-leader-arres...
Love the Glass

Anonymous Proxy

#55 Aug 8, 2014
@ Fruiloop. LMFAO. It sounds like you're the one with the gay agenda here dickless. Occasionally I go to the glass after work for one drink. Its usually retired people and older folks that just got off work. And sometimes I goo around 10:00 or 11:00 or so if a band that sounds interesting is playing. I've only every seen one or two guys in 20 or so years by themselves, that seemed like they were obviously queer and they kept to themselves. I don't care about that because I am secure in my masculinity and heterosexuality, unlike you obviously. I have no problem with that. Oh my god, a gay guy. So scary. All I usually see there is male/female couples of all races and ages, and groups of people. I was talking about the Empty Glass, one of the only establishments in this are to attract decent music and genuine people. I am 1000% heterosexual, and I do not lie in my life as a general rule. It honestly sounds like you're the one that is gay and in denial, otherwise why the hell are you going off about this? Unless........ are you affiliated with another bar in the area? Are you ashamed because your bar is lame and only attracts young hipster douchebags and redneck a$$holes who are belligerent and wanna start fights? Is you business dwindling? People going to the Glass for the genuine atmosphere and live music almost every night? If that's the case, then yeah, I'd be like you and want to start a bunch of BS rumors to drive competition away from my competitor, otherwise there's no reason you'd be talking so much obvious garbage about the Glass and talking about gay people and stuff. It ain't true one bit. I think you're either gay and pissed off in denial, or more likely you're tied to another bar and transparently being and dickless douche about defaming one of the only decent places we have in this town. ;^)
the Broadway

Charleston, WV

#56 Aug 8, 2014
Love the Glass wrote:
@ Fruiloop. LMFAO. It sounds like you're the one with the gay agenda here dickless. Occasionally I go to the glass after work for one drink. Its usually retired people and older folks that just got off work. And sometimes I goo around 10:00 or 11:00 or so if a band that sounds interesting is playing. I've only every seen one or two guys in 20 or so years by themselves, that seemed like they were obviously queer and they kept to themselves. I don't care about that because I am secure in my masculinity and heterosexuality, unlike you obviously. I have no problem with that. Oh my god, a gay guy. So scary. All I usually see there is male/female couples of all races and ages, and groups of people. I was talking about the Empty Glass, one of the only establishments in this are to attract decent music and genuine people. I am 1000% heterosexual, and I do not lie in my life as a general rule. It honestly sounds like you're the one that is gay and in denial, otherwise why the hell are you going off about this? Unless........ are you affiliated with another bar in the area? Are you ashamed because your bar is lame and only attracts young hipster douchebags and redneck a$$holes who are belligerent and wanna start fights? Is you business dwindling? People going to the Glass for the genuine atmosphere and live music almost every night? If that's the case, then yeah, I'd be like you and want to start a bunch of BS rumors to drive competition away from my competitor, otherwise there's no reason you'd be talking so much obvious garbage about the Glass and talking about gay people and stuff. It ain't true one bit. I think you're either gay and pissed off in denial, or more likely you're tied to another bar and transparently being and dickless douche about defaming one of the only decent places we have in this town. ;^)
Don't try to push this bigot on us! He's all yours. Congrats. It's a douche.
Love the Glass

Anonymous Proxy

#57 Aug 8, 2014
Sorry for the typos, not enough coffee. Anyone trashing the glass is an idiot. It ain't a gay bar in the slightest. If you're talking that much trash you're an owner or otherwise affiliated with another bar that sucks and is getting your a$$ handed to you by a venue that offers live music, very very often FREE, pretty much every night. I'd be scared too. You should be. And for the record. I have no affiliation with the place other than going there off and on for over 20 years. You're being obvious. Sorry about your luck, you might want to change up your business and stop smack talking the competition, or otherwise just simple STFU. LOL
Love the Glass

Anonymous Proxy

#58 Aug 8, 2014
@ the Broadway. Fair enough man, I was falling for the troll. I'm a good person actually. LOL.Cheers.
the Broadway

Charleston, WV

#59 Aug 8, 2014
Love the Glass wrote:
@ the Broadway. Fair enough man, I was falling for the troll. I'm a good person actually. LOL.Cheers.
Cheers man!
Fruitloop

Charleston, WV

#60 Aug 8, 2014
I stand by what I said and for your information just because I despise queers doesn't mean I am not secure in my manhood. It just means I hate queers and queer bars. And I don't care what you say you go around and ask anybody in the know and they will tell you the Empty Glass is a queer bar. The east end is chalked full of gays and they all congregate at either the Empty Glass or the Red Carpet. Yes I am sure there may be on occasions a few guys walk in one of those places that are not gay, but if they are accused of it because they go in there then it's there own fault.

Gays should hang with gays and non gays need to not hang with those queers. It's just the way it is.

Have you noticed just around the corner from there is a memorial to gays? Coincidence....I think not. Think on that you queer.
the Broadway

Charleston, WV

#61 Aug 8, 2014
Fruitloop wrote:
I stand by what I said and for your information just because I despise queers doesn't mean I am not secure in my manhood. It just means I hate queers and queer bars. And I don't care what you say you go around and ask anybody in the know and they will tell you the Empty Glass is a queer bar. The east end is chalked full of gays and they all congregate at either the Empty Glass or the Red Carpet. Yes I am sure there may be on occasions a few guys walk in one of those places that are not gay, but if they are accused of it because they go in there then it's there own fault.

Gays should hang with gays and non gays need to not hang with those queers. It's just the way it is.

Have you noticed just around the corner from there is a memorial to gays? Coincidence....I think not. Think on that you queer.
Your kind are old and dying off. You're not wanted. In any bar, in any state by anyone. Deal with it sunshine. Your kind loses. It's all about live and let live. If you can't deal with that then PLEASE do everyone a HUGE favor and eat a bullet. Rest assured, you won't be missed.
Fruitloop

Charleston, WV

#62 Aug 8, 2014
I tell you what I would gladly eat a bullet before I ate a dick.
the Broadway

Charleston, WV

#63 Aug 8, 2014
Fruitloop wrote:
I tell you what I would gladly eat a bullet before I ate a dick.
Good. What's stopping you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thieves at CAMC 35 min agevans 7
Hope Pain Clinic (Apr '12) 7 hr phARMed 166
Antibiotic Levaquin 8 hr Info 5
Lee Terrace Apartments (Dec '13) 10 hr Blue Guy 87
Campbells Creek (Mar '11) 10 hr Ruthie BB 182
Dakota Procter and his dysfuntional family 10 hr old timer with a ... 1
Who is the White Male Drug Addict and Street-Tr... (Aug '14) 10 hr Jonathan 60
More from around the web

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]