Contract workers pay issues

Contract workers pay issues

Posted in the Charleston Forum


Charleston, WV

#1 Jan 4, 2013
The labor board does not help workers that are contracted to jobs. If you are shorted a paycheck the labor board does not consider contracted workers part of a business employees. Owed paycheck you will have to file suit through small claims court.

Charleston, WV

#2 Jan 4, 2013
Were you contracted through a "job" contract between you and someone else or a placement Agency or through a "Temp" Agency?

Charleston, WV

#3 Jan 4, 2013
Me and someone else, but the Company made the deposit into my account.

Charleston, WV

#4 Jan 4, 2013
If they made a deposit into YOUR account, they had to have gotten that from you, through employment paperwork, I am assuming. Did you fill out anything else, W-4, I-9 Forms maybe?

Charleston, WV

#5 Jan 4, 2013
Yes. I filled out paperwork for the company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton 21 min Just Sayin 65
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 51 min Need a job 1,376
Freaks Wandering in Charleston 1 hr Truth 1
Southern Kitchen 1 hr The truth 2
Father Son Drug Dealers 1 hr Slinging rock 2
Best pizza in the Kanawha Valley (Mar '15) 2 hr Moiky 74
Lester Scott 2 hr Iciedel 1

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages