Logan man charged with murder in beat...

Logan man charged with murder in beating death over $20

There are 33 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Apr 3, 2012, titled Logan man charged with murder in beating death over $20. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Police in Logan County charged a man with murder Tuesday after he allegedly beat another man to death over $20. Christopher Paul Dingess, 34, of Mount Gay, was charged with first-degree murder in connection to an altercation on March 27, said Logan Police Sgt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Friend of Joels

Hurricane, WV

#21 Apr 14, 2012
logan wrote:
<quoted text>SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY BUT I DID ALL I COULD AND I CAN SLEEP KNOWING THAT.
I'm so glad you can because I know his girlfriend, kids and family don't fall asleep every night with out thinking of the pain he went through.... You have to be one heartless person to lay your head down every night without thinking I could've done more (like call for help) to save this man... and one more thing if you talked the the cops like you said you did why not email Casey and let her know everything ???? maybe this could help her deal with this murder a little better
i know u

Charleston, WV

#22 Apr 14, 2012
logan wrote:
IF YOU ASK THE PEOPLE THAT WAS THERE SOMEONE DID TRY TO HELP JOE BUT I COULD NOT GET CHRIS OFF I TOLD THE COPS WHAT HAPPENED SO GET IT RIGHT.IM SORRY ABOUT WHAT WENT DOWN THE PEOPLE THAT KILL JOE ARE IN JAIL AND ILL GO TO COURT AND TELL WHAT HAPPENED AND SEE TO IT THEY PAY FOR WHAT THEY DONE.
Phillip Wayne, I know you're the person who made this comment. Why don't you put you're name? Probably becuse you and Chris act just the same,bullies! You have beat Tracy 3 times,just because you can.
Just like another person said on another thread you'll get out of this too, just as always.

y
i know u

Charleston, WV

#23 Apr 14, 2012
your name^^ sorry
shorty
#24 Apr 14, 2012
Phillip Wayne should already have been arrested.....proof-positive that he is a rat......he has never won in a one-on-one fight.....I am awaiting my chance to crush him!
1 post removed
hahahaha

West Hamlin, WV

#26 Dec 10, 2012
logan wrote:
IF YOU ASK THE PEOPLE THAT WAS THERE SOMEONE DID TRY TO HELP JOE BUT I COULD NOT GET CHRIS OFF I TOLD THE COPS WHAT HAPPENED SO GET IT RIGHT.IM SORRY ABOUT WHAT WENT DOWN THE PEOPLE THAT KILL JOE ARE IN JAIL AND ILL GO TO COURT AND TELL WHAT HAPPENED AND SEE TO IT THEY PAY FOR WHAT THEY DONE.
I know who you are. YOu were in the room doing drugs with Kellie Franklin you freakin liar. OMG. You are just as bad as Chris. Just like you bragging that you helped joe catch a fish..Yea right..only because you knocked him out and was gonna push his body in the river while he was knocked out and Chris STOPPED YOU THEN...so the hell with you both. You are JUST AS GUILTY YOU DIRTY LITTLE LOSER. Cindy needs to ditch you and find ANDREW a REAL FATHER aka DADDY...someone that'll be there for him EVERYDAY ALL DAY!! You are Scum. And I know you are feelin guilty now since you tried to "pretend to kill yourself" blow your hand off. I hope they chop the thing off. One less hand to rob someone or beat on poor helpless people like Joe.
iknow

West Hamlin, WV

#27 Dec 10, 2012
logan wrote:
<quoted text>SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY BUT I DID ALL I COULD AND I CAN SLEEP KNOWING THAT.
Honey, You don't want Philip Emailing you. I know you want to know every detail that went on honey but you're not going to hear the truth from him. He's the person who wrote that post.
I agree

West Hamlin, WV

#28 Jun 17, 2013
Friend of Joels wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to tell ya this but your a accessory to murder and should also be in jail, I don't care what you say if you was there you could've helped by calling someone not only was Joel beating in his apt. but was also taking to and left for dead on Charles St. So you tell me why your not as guilty as the ones that done it ??? Why didn't you say anything when someone came to the door and said that it was loud for the other people living there ??? so with that being said yes your guilty so I hope you also rot in jail
I agree...but, he is lying. Phillip, you know you never tried to pull chris off Joe because you were in the room with Kelley doing drugs. You came in after Chris pulled Stevie off joe cause he wouldn't quit kickin joe in the face. YOU (Phillip Wayne Workman Jr.) are the one last seen with Joe. So, You tell us....what happened...Please!! Spare us your pathetic lies. OMG. I hope the investigators put you away you lousy ass bum that has to depend on mommy n daddy. Ya know, I KNOW about you knocking Joe out yourself and going to push him in the RIVER! Yeah, I know. YOu piece of dog shit. I fucking HATE YOU. To boot it off, You tried to act like you were Joe's best friend after wards n acting like you took him fishing and caught him a big ass carp. YEa, nice thank you to him for going to "kill" him. Plus, I watched you knock Joe out @ Chris Dingess apt. on Dingess street. Shame even the Land Lord, DAVID QUICK seen it and didn't say or do anything. ALL you could do was brag. Whippie you knocked out someone helpless just because he was at ur friends house. You are pathetic. You always pick on the helpless bums and beat on them. Shame on You. Yet, you want to be placed on this big white horse like you are a HERO..Forgive me but you are NOT. You deserve punishment for what you have done...all of you do. Funny how Chris gets all the blame. Chris had money. Stupid him for giving it to another whino and a pill head..aka..Joe and Kelley. He never beat joe to get 20. Joe took it. bUT STILL not a reason for what has happened. I always liked Joe. Out of all the whino's...Joe and Billy are the only 2 that were respectful and IF they knew ya, had a decent conversation with you. Just because some of them are whino's doesn't mean they are all bad. God Bless you Joe..miss ya....and FUCK YOU PHILLIP...you piece of shit liar. Go suck Jimmy Shephard's nut sack some more so you can avoid getting into more trouble. Piece of shit.
spirit

Chesapeake, VA

#29 Jun 17, 2013
very good friend wrote:
Like i told your sister Casey on the other topix page. i am so sorry for you and your family's loss. i know him as joe and if u go read the one on the other page, my children loved him so much and yes joe told my oldest one about fighting when he was younger. i hope everyone even if they did not hit him , all go to jail for NOT stopping this, and i hope they all get beat everyday in jail! prayers for u and your family. so sorry for a loss of a man i knew who had a big heart and was a wonderful man.
how can you pray for some one and at the same time hope that others get beat up everyday while they are in jail?
1 post removed
Whatever

United States

#31 Jun 25, 2013
That's Sad.. Why beat someone up for $20.00? Jesus people! That's no money now days. That won't even get you but half a gallon of gas.
1 post removed
FYI

United States

#33 Oct 6, 2013
Really Logan ? Wow! Omg. Lmao. Really it's sad though w man got beat over $20.00! Jesus, somebody should beat Chris!
1 post removed
Yes

Chesapeake, OH

#35 Oct 27, 2013
Just Saying a known fact! Logan has more murders down there and every single day 2 deaths occur from murder. I Wong visit there ever! It's sad, like this man he didn't deserve it. But Logan is corrupt!
Yes

Chesapeake, OH

#36 Oct 27, 2013
Won't- oops.
Yes

Chesapeake, OH

#37 Oct 27, 2013
Sad. You all are worrying about a damn troll ! diva needs to shut the fck up and get a life. A man lost his life over 20 dollars and you are a moron who doesn't even stay on right topics or know wtf you are talking about! Jesus effing christ. Get a life and job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ppl who hide behind fake names 16 min Donald Trump 11
Wvwho will go 7-5 at best 29 min Doc H 2
the cold spot -chaleston location 31 min Doc H 22
Sonic coming to Kanawha City 1 hr Wilson 23
Marshall will get hammered by Southern Miss 2 hr Doc H 4
Sarah Jessica Parker moving to Charleston 2 hr Garbage man 14
Marshall loses to 4-4 UTSA 2 hr Garbage man 3

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance