Logan man charged with murder in beat...

Logan man charged with murder in beating death over $20

There are 33 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Apr 3, 2012, titled Logan man charged with murder in beating death over $20. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Police in Logan County charged a man with murder Tuesday after he allegedly beat another man to death over $20. Christopher Paul Dingess, 34, of Mount Gay, was charged with first-degree murder in connection to an altercation on March 27, said Logan Police Sgt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carrie Sue

Hurricane, WV

#1 Apr 5, 2012
That man has throwen his entire life away becuase of 2 dollars.. I will NEVER understand this..Such a shame.
wrong

Prestonsburg, KY

#2 Apr 5, 2012
20 dollars, not 2
Logan C girl

Washington, WV

#3 Apr 6, 2012
Chris Dingess is crazy he well do any thing for beer or a buzz ...that is what it was all over is beer .... this people chris hangs out with are all bums in the town of logan C
Heather Holland

United States

#4 Apr 7, 2012
Joel Holland was a good man although yeah he did like to drink but heck who doesnt now days and i will tell you all this my dad was a fighter for as long as i can remember, but when i saw him the day before he passed away, im no expert or anything but i can tell you this he didnt have a chance to fight back the only marks he had on him besides what they did to him was from him crawling himself to find help other than that their was no marks once so ever of him even tryin to defend himself, which is not my dad at all!!! all i hope is everyone that was involved get all the right charges against them even though nothing will ever bring my dad back....
very good friend

Alkol, WV

#5 Apr 10, 2012
Like i told your sister Casey on the other topix page. i am so sorry for you and your family's loss. i know him as joe and if u go read the one on the other page, my children loved him so much and yes joe told my oldest one about fighting when he was younger. i hope everyone even if they did not hit him , all go to jail for NOT stopping this, and i hope they all get beat everyday in jail! prayers for u and your family. so sorry for a loss of a man i knew who had a big heart and was a wonderful man.
hmmm

Charleston, WV

#6 Apr 10, 2012
Heather Holland wrote:
Joel Holland was a good man although yeah he did like to drink but heck who doesnt now days and i will tell you all this my dad was a fighter for as long as i can remember, but when i saw him the day before he passed away, im no expert or anything but i can tell you this he didnt have a chance to fight back the only marks he had on him besides what they did to him was from him crawling himself to find help other than that their was no marks once so ever of him even tryin to defend himself, which is not my dad at all!!! all i hope is everyone that was involved get all the right charges against them even though nothing will ever bring my dad back....
I am so sorry for your loss. I consider myself a good person and believe that my parents did a great job raising me but I don't think I could look at this situation the way you are. I commend you for this. it can't be easy. I pray that god has mercy on you and your loved ones.
Friend of Joels

Hurricane, WV

#7 Apr 11, 2012
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry for your loss. I consider myself a good person and believe that my parents did a great job raising me but I don't think I could look at this situation the way you are. I commend you for this. it can't be easy. I pray that god has mercy on you and your loved ones.
I don't understand why can't you look at the situation the way she does ??? you tell me if someone done this to your dad or one of your family members you wouldn't want the same done to them ??? this man was beating to death by this man and this wasn't the first time Chris had done Joel this way so yes I hope he gets beat everyday that he spends in prison and hope he gets it up the butt everyday and as for the others I hope they get the same thing... one of them could've stopped this or called for help not only did they beat him from what I heard but also burnt with cigarettes and water throw in his face to bring him too so the could be beat again so you tell you wouldn't you want the same done to them as they done to Joel ??
NOSEY GRANNY

Peach Creek, WV

#8 Apr 11, 2012
What about the other ones involved in this I heard they was several people involved, someone mention that he had been fighting earlier and he went into a store and told them that he had been hit several times and then they followed him home, isn't that called accesory too the fact of a fight and then a murder that took place,
Smrter then average B

New York, NY

#9 Apr 11, 2012
Heather Holland wrote:
Heather,
I don't know you or your father but I'm so sorry for your families tragedy. And this horrible story of greed and lack of ppl helping this man is a tragedy. Sounds to me like a few ppl could of prevented this poor mans death. You and your family will be in my thoughts.
Razor

Charleston, WV

#10 Apr 11, 2012
They should throw the book at the people responsible for this death...It sounds like they beat a man to death, that was unable to defend himself...If you was there and you didn't help you are just as guilty...Logan is getting full of thugs, and something needs to be done...A woman was attacked a few weeks ago in Logan, and now this man was beat to death...This place is gone to hell in a handbasket...Logan was once full of drunks and bars. R.D. Platt and George Farmer cleaned the drunks off the streets.
David

United States

#11 Apr 12, 2012
HI lived in logan wv for years and I never seen anything bad, shure I had my fights with my friends but stuff that is happening today is bad ,i will never move back to logan wv again
What

Prestonsburg, KY

#12 Apr 13, 2012
What has our world came too....
logan

Chapmanville, WV

#13 Apr 13, 2012
IF YOU ASK THE PEOPLE THAT WAS THERE SOMEONE DID TRY TO HELP JOE BUT I COULD NOT GET CHRIS OFF I TOLD THE COPS WHAT HAPPENED SO GET IT RIGHT.IM SORRY ABOUT WHAT WENT DOWN THE PEOPLE THAT KILL JOE ARE IN JAIL AND ILL GO TO COURT AND TELL WHAT HAPPENED AND SEE TO IT THEY PAY FOR WHAT THEY DONE.
i love u jojo

Denver, CO

#14 Apr 13, 2012
Its not right that jojo had to indore the pain because of a bum could handle his own habit. he had family and friends that will keep him in their prayers and dreams.
April

Hagerstown, MD

#15 Apr 13, 2012
i love u jojo wrote:
Its not right that jojo had to indore the pain because of a bum could handle his own habit. he had family and friends that will keep him in their prayers and dreams.
I can't help myself. Endure.
lol

Charleston, WV

#16 Apr 13, 2012
April wrote:
<quoted text>I can't help myself. Endure.
so glad I am not the only one who does that...the ones that irritate me the most: no being used instead of know and there, they're and their...I think topix is a true indication that K-5 needs a little more attention in our public school systems
Friend of Joels

Hurricane, WV

#17 Apr 13, 2012
logan wrote:
IF YOU ASK THE PEOPLE THAT WAS THERE SOMEONE DID TRY TO HELP JOE BUT I COULD NOT GET CHRIS OFF I TOLD THE COPS WHAT HAPPENED SO GET IT RIGHT.IM SORRY ABOUT WHAT WENT DOWN THE PEOPLE THAT KILL JOE ARE IN JAIL AND ILL GO TO COURT AND TELL WHAT HAPPENED AND SEE TO IT THEY PAY FOR WHAT THEY DONE.
Sorry to tell ya this but your a accessory to murder and should also be in jail, I don't care what you say if you was there you could've helped by calling someone not only was Joel beating in his apt. but was also taking to and left for dead on Charles St. So you tell me why your not as guilty as the ones that done it ??? Why didn't you say anything when someone came to the door and said that it was loud for the other people living there ??? so with that being said yes your guilty so I hope you also rot in jail
Casey Holland

United States

#18 Apr 14, 2012
logan wrote:
May i ask who you are you can email to if you want to it [email protected] If you tried to help him why didn't you call 911 or what ever it is down where your at so a cop could come to the apt before it got worse trying to get a drunk off someone never really works. you need enforcement sometimes. in this case you guys needed the cops my dad should not of died of 20 dollars let alone in any reason besides natural causes. this is down right bullshit and i will see that EVERYONE involved will be in jail. There is no reason no one couldn't of called for help if there was alot of people there that night. I understand some people where trying to help by stopping it or cleaning my dad up. Here the wrong cops should of had been called people shouldn't of let my dad leave someone should of stayed until help got there and most of all no one should of let chris touch him. So to everyone involved you haven't met his kids yet!!!
logan

Chapmanville, WV

#19 Apr 14, 2012
Friend of Joels wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to tell ya this but your a accessory to murder and should also be in jail, I don't care what you say if you was there you could've helped by calling someone not only was Joel beating in his apt. but was also taking to and left for dead on Charles St. So you tell me why your not as guilty as the ones that done it ??? Why didn't you say anything when someone came to the door and said that it was loud for the other people living there ??? so with that being said yes your guilty so I hope you also rot in jail
SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY BUT I DID ALL I COULD AND I CAN SLEEP KNOWING THAT.
Casey Holland

United States

#20 Apr 14, 2012
glad you can because his family can't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump and His Supportors are Racist Pigs 2 min bigdawg 11
Come on over 35 min REAL TALK 5
Man nicknamed Soda pop. 1 hr Wink wink 7
News 'Black Lives Matter' painted on Charleston buil... 2 hr Truth 11
Donald Trump and His Supporters are Stinky and ... 3 hr Here Comes da Judge 3
Donald Trump and His Supportors are Rampant Whi... 3 hr Here Comes da Judge 3
Donald Trump and His Supporters are Demented, S... 3 hr Here Comes da Judge 3

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance