Mingo turned upside down

Mingo turned upside down

There are 37 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Sep 22, 2013, titled Mingo turned upside down. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

Recent federal charges in Mingo County have county residents hoping -- and maybe believing -- that decades of political corruption could come to an end.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Usin code name

Arroyo Grande, CA

#21 Sep 23, 2013
Ida Claire wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so very well stated! Most of us are equal opportunity corruption busters. ALL of us should be! Corruption and nepotism should not be tolerated. I am sick of the whiners that want to make this a "Truman vs. Team Mingo" issue. Get it through your thick heads! This is about right vs. wrong and legal vs. illegal. Now, are we Mingo citizens going to continue forth with our fatalistic attitudes about government? Are we going to continue with our feelings of apathy and hopelessness? We can all take a measure of blame. We have allowed our elected leaders to totally subjugate our citizens in every way imaginable. They have subverted our election process. When some of you go to the polls again, are you going to vote for clones of the ones forcibly removed from office because you were promised a load of gravel or a job? Or will you have enough sense to vote for someone that promises nothing but a fair and equal opportunity and good government for all?
As i stated on the previous post when you have officials buying their way into office you have to wonder how far is your vote going to go.That area is filled with so many illiterate people they only worry about their next drink or a few dollars in their pocket now.They could care less about who is running the county as long as they have a few dollars to get plastered on.these are the people who's votes are bought,I have personally witnessed it years ago.
Usin code name

Arroyo Grande, CA

#22 Sep 23, 2013
Night Train wrote:
<quoted text>Can't do better if you don't know better. This judge and his boys made people feel that if they rocked the boat they could end up in jail...or dead. People with nowhere to turn sometimes get fed up and seek their own justice. Like the guy that shot the sheriff maybe. I wish the Feds would try that bunch under the RICO Act. I just hope that judge gets sent to a real federal prison like Atl. and not some fancy tennis court, buffet style prison with a line painted on the ground instead of a fence prison. He deserves hard time with the big boys. We'll see.
I totally love it when a crook gets a taste of their own medicine!I wonder how many people this guy has sent up the river that really never deserved it.If he gets sent to where he should be going they are going to love him.Karma can be a beautiful thing if you are a good person,but it holds true for the opposite as well.
Usin code name

Arroyo Grande, CA

#23 Sep 23, 2013
When I lived in New jersey i used to work with inmates from the local prison,I know for a fact the people they hate most are child molesters being #1 next in line are police officers and politicians.That is one of the reasons people in office get sent to the federal country clubs.As well as it being a federal crime.Federal prisons are a cake walk.
LMAO

Verner, WV

#24 Sep 23, 2013
I think they should all be replaced! Thornsburry should be sent off to a good nice prison and join the chain gang! As for Dave Baisden, psh... good riddance! He should be right beside the other a-hole shackled together so they can talk about how they can try and BUY their way out!
Usin code name

Arroyo Grande, CA

#25 Sep 23, 2013
LMAO wrote:
I think they should all be replaced! Thornsburry should be sent off to a good nice prison and join the chain gang! As for Dave Baisden, psh... good riddance! He should be right beside the other a-hole shackled together so they can talk about how they can try and BUY their way out!
Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall listening too that conversation?
JTC

Logan, WV

#26 Sep 26, 2013
Honest judge

Logan, WV

#27 Sep 26, 2013
Tish Chafin for judge lets all get behind her!!!!!!!!!!
OMG

Charleston, WV

#28 Sep 26, 2013
JTC wrote:
Interesting, indeed. Since the Supreme Court has granted Sparks a hearing for Oct.16, and Thornsbury is expected to enter his guilty plea on the 2nd (Oct.), will the public have access to everything Thornsbury is alleging in his guilty plea? I know the general story, but will the evidence provided by him be discussed at all during his guilty plea? And, will that day have any effect on Sparks scheduled hearing? I can't believe the Supreme Court is allowing him to continue as prosecutor, knowing full well what he has admitted to with the federal investigators. It is a true miscarriage of justice to the people in Mingo County to allow him to continue on as though nothing has happened. Does the Supreme Court think the federal investigators are lying on Sparks? Unbelievable!
nemesis

Charleston, WV

#29 Sep 26, 2013
Sounds like he has a lot of pull with the members of the Massey Supreme Court.
1 post removed
Jacked up

Avondale, WV

#31 Sep 27, 2013
There has always been corruption in the coal fields, I think it is funny that everyone is against the judge and his family, so what if he had a wondering eye, most men do, get a life and as for the ex judge, it is a vacation when you get out, hope to see you around.
OMG

Charleston, WV

#32 Sep 27, 2013
Jacked up wrote:
There has always been corruption in the coal fields, I think it is funny that everyone is against the judge and his family, so what if he had a wondering eye, most men do, get a life and as for the ex judge, it is a vacation when you get out, hope to see you around.
Yes, you are quite Jacked up.
Rick

Kodak, TN

#33 Sep 28, 2013
Well, I always knew if your daddy knew the judge you could get away with murder. It's been proven time and time again in Bloody Mingo. Can't believe it's took so long to catch these high rank criminals. And if you picked every county in the country our, there would be some type of corruption. That's why you should tune in and drop out.
I Know A Leech

Brooklyn, NY

#34 Sep 28, 2013
Well we always knew you would fake disability. People who do this and post on here and have a Facebook account get caught to. LMAO!
Hmm

Knoxville, TN

#35 Sep 28, 2013
Jacked up wrote:
Only thing is,when your elected to that Post you are supposed to lead by example.Please remember that Court-House crew also incarcerated people and ruined a lot of life's for a lot less than what they are guilty of..Shame too but I hope each and everyone of them get time and not some slap on the wrist.There no better than the rest of us average Joe..Mike's and Dave's..
Curious

Prestonsburg, KY

#36 Sep 28, 2013
Usin code name wrote:
I have to agree with Mike on this one!Mingo county has been crooked as far back as I can remember.I moved away in 84 sounds like nothing has changed.It has always been about who you know and how much money you have.I have always wondered how good the sports teams would be if they played the kids that could actually play ball, instead of playing the kids who's parents have status in the county.Growing up I always saw really good players setting on the bench while people of status kids were on the court.Unless you were really really exceptional.Heck the Cubpack and the Wolfpack would of had a ton of state championships at this point.The coachs always sucked up to the parents of the kids who had status in the community.So friggin sad.
its the same everywhere! It's just not as easily seen elsewhere because outsiders aren't as close and the populations are more dense. But it who you know everywhere, make no mistake about it!
Mae

Charleston, WV

#37 Oct 21, 2013
There is no such thing as good politic!!!! My oppion
itwillrotoff

Charleston, WV

#38 Sep 20, 2016
Usin code name wrote:
<quoted text>I totally love it when a crook gets a taste of their own medicine!I wonder how many people this guy has sent up the river that really never deserved it.If he gets sent to where he should be going they are going to love him.Karma can be a beautiful thing if you are a good person,but it holds true for the opposite as well.
"CODE NAME" Delbarton lmfao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teachers 34 min Just sayin 4
One Word Game (Jul '12) 43 min So_da_lish_us 30
FIRE all the teachers that walk out on their st... 1 hr Satinmakesmecooler 52
Land Whale Teachers 1 hr Joe 8
Paramount Pictures Presents 2 hr Plumber Nickle 7
Mitch Carmichael needs to go 2 hr HerbertC 2
Yoga Power 3 hr YogaMattie 29

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance