Charleston brewery food
foodie_69

Charleston, WV

#1 Apr 29, 2013
Just went and had dinner. Fish and chips. It was ok, but not worth the $18 price tag by far.

Anyone else think the prices are a tad steep?

Yes, I know there are a ton of restaurants in the area and I can go somewhere else if desired. I was just making an observation.
duhh

Moneta, VA

#2 Apr 29, 2013
For $18 you should have got a steak also lol
Nicky

Charleston, WV

#3 Apr 29, 2013
I had lunch there last week. Two lunch specials at $8 each, a coke, a beer, and a desert was $34. That was too rich for my blood, and the lunch was horrible.
PaleAle

Morgantown, WV

#4 Apr 30, 2013
Charleston has needed a brewery, and I hope it succeeds, but I agree that the food is pricey (I had the fish, too) and not that great. I tried the beer sampler and the beers weren't that good either, but maybe they'll improve. They were too hoppy and bitter. I noticed several customers took a few sips and left the rest. I guess they didn't like it either.
T Tebow

Lynchburg, VA

#5 Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, me and my GF stopped in there while we were in town. I had the fish and chips. It was bad, no flavor at all. I don't recall what she had but she said it was so bland as to be almost inedible. Yes, everything on the menu is horribly overpriced, especially when you consider the food quality. Also, the beer was so-so and service was very slow.

I might try it again but ill give it 6 months and probably wouldn't go there to eat again.$18.00 for two smallish cod fillets and a cut-up potato? No thanks.
CharlestonFoodLu vr

Buffalo, WV

#6 Apr 30, 2013
I stopped in and had a beer sampler, the beer-cheese soup, and the shepherds pie. Everything was OK- but not great. For example, the person who poured the beer left a 1.5" head of foam on top of each glass- ended up being very little beer left in those tiny glasses. The soup was decent but lacked flavor. The pie had a subtle flavor but needed more vegetables and more cheese. It was mostly potatoes. This place has MUCH potential but needs some attention quickly as people begin frequenting the place.
Brewmeistro

Charleston, WV

#7 May 2, 2013
Sounds like they should figure out how to make their beer drinkable before they try to sell overpriced bar food that tastes nasty. Their beer only contains about half the ABV content of cheap canned brew also. Paying a lot for something that tastes bad and won't get you drunk is never a good idea.
user

United States

#8 May 5, 2013
Overpriced

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Jones Please Resign 7 min Bones 4
Kevin Cook / the wv handyman / a simple handyman (Jan '15) 16 min access2 15
Cold spot dunbar/charleston location 46 min Langley 12
Tonya Devitt running from cartel 1 hr Hosea looking 3
Breakfast delivery? 3 hr Starvednhungover 1
Best Spa in the Kanawha valley? Opinions apprec... 3 hr Sam 1
massage 3 hr Annoyed 6

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance