AmberKaren

Charleston, WV

#1 May 3, 2013
I am not here to be bashed or look for drugs, I HAVE just moved here and I am having problems finding a Dr. because I do not know where to start. I am requesting your help in to letting me have information on a Dr, that will accept insurance for a new patient and help me with medication prescribed before I came I was on 1mg of xanax so I would prefer to be able to find a Dr. thats easy to get in and to help me before I have to run out of my medication in 3 weeks, and since I am a resident here now in Charleston I cant drive out of state to my old Dr and keep having having him writing them I would be scared to get in trouble and so if anyone can help me find a Benzo Dr around here Id appreciate it, Thanks in advance!
One life to live

New Kensington, PA

#2 May 3, 2013
Your insurance page should have a list of physicians on their website or a service where you can call and have them setup appt.
missing mish

Charleston, WV

#3 May 3, 2013
Hmmm. You say you are not looking for drugs but then you say you need help finding a "benzo dr." I won't bash you or make accusations, but I will tell you that stating it that way will arouse suspicion.
AmberKaren

Charleston, WV

#4 May 3, 2013
Ok, Thank you, I have not had any luck with the ones I have researched on here. I was raped at 14 and been on them since and I do not know anyone around here to confide in so I know I would be redicouled but I have no other choice but I do appreciate the opinion of you both, Thanks for taking time to answer me quickly. I have called a few therapist and most arent accepting new patients or my carelink insurance, I just feel like even though I have a 3 week supply its not only the benzo Im prescribed my therapist also prescribes 3 other medications and I am sorry if I come out this way I am just starting a life in a state alone and I am already beginning to cause stress about this, once again apoligy to you both.
what

Saint Albans, WV

#5 May 3, 2013
What does " Benzo Dr " mean ?
1 post removed
AmberKaren

Charleston, WV

#7 May 3, 2013
Drs I have went to refer Klonpin, xanax, and nerve meds as Benzos, I dont know why or how they came up with that but I dont even care if its just a non narcotic I just need a good therapist is all.
patient

Charleston, WV

#8 May 3, 2013
Try Bea Carper...psycare in south charleston wv by the mound..went to her the first time not long ago..easy to talk to and very nice
1 post removed
AmberKaren

Charleston, WV

#10 May 3, 2013
awsome thanks!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#11 May 3, 2013
AmberKaren wrote:
Drs I have went to refer Klonpin, xanax, and nerve meds as Benzos, I dont know why or how they came up with that but I dont even care if its just a non narcotic I just need a good therapist is all.
"Benzos" = benzodiezapine based medications.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine
suggest

Hurricane, WV

#12 May 3, 2013
Yes - Bea Carper is one of the therapists that works out of the same location as Dr Dan the contact number for the office is the same
2 posts removed
jjklnn

Charleston, WV

#15 May 4, 2013
AmberKaren wrote:
awsome thanks!
Dr. Hutton at Damous psychological is good. It's located in So. Chas.
user

United States

#16 May 5, 2013
None. They all suck
Been there

Charleston, WV

#17 Jun 29, 2013
AmberKaren wrote:
Ok, Thank you, I have not had any luck with the ones I have researched on here. I was raped at 14 and been on them since and I do not know anyone around here to confide in so I know I would be redicouled but I have no other choice but I do appreciate the opinion of you both, Thanks for taking time to answer me quickly. I have called a few therapist and most arent accepting new patients or my carelink insurance, I just feel like even though I have a 3 week supply its not only the benzo Im prescribed my therapist also prescribes 3 other medications and I am sorry if I come out this way I am just starting a life in a state alone and I am already beginning to cause stress about this, once again apoligy to you both.
Look for the local rape crisis center; I went to one, and they were amazing. I don't have insurance and my counseling was free. Go to www.fris.org to find the center closest to you.
Been there

Charleston, WV

#18 Jun 29, 2013
suggest wrote:
Yes - Bea Carper is one of the therapists that works out of the same location as Dr Dan the contact number for the office is the same
She was the worst therapist I've ever been to. She told me it was my fault I was raped.
wow

Nitro, WV

#19 Jun 29, 2013
Been there wrote:
<quoted text>She was the worst therapist I've ever been to. She told me it was my fault I was raped.
That it is awful - it is NEVER the victims fault - you know that - right?
I don't care for Bea either - I received horrible advice from her - when I went to a new therapist at another location and told them what she had said - they were outraged - Bea is out of line for sure - she needs to retire!
Just me

Charleston, WV

#20 Jun 29, 2013
Like others said, bea carper is really great
lpo

Mineral Ridge, OH

#21 Jun 30, 2013
Bea is great. She has helped me thru issues related to molestation....
Been there

Charleston, WV

#22 Jun 30, 2013
I'm happy she has been able to help the two of you but she was horrible to me. I would never, ever recommend her to anyone. She got up in the middle of my sessions and made phone calls, not important ones. One was to ask her husband to bring her a soda, not even joking, and this was before my disclosure. So to me, she is unprofessional and does more damage than she can ever undo.
dont get it

Milton, WV

#23 Jun 30, 2013
Been there - I believe you 100%- she would make & accept calls during our sessions too - she is indeed unprofessional ! And never provided any useful guidance or information

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rump rangers 1 hr Jamal 37
Capitol Street (Aug '15) 2 hr Wong Hung Lo 47
O'Bryan rumor has it 2 hr Curious 6
deborah linz (Jul '11) 4 hr Peteryes 17
Tom Clarks Blue Goose 6 hr Santa 6
Dollar tree 6 hr Santa 8
Negro's loitering at the Transit doing nothing. 6 hr DrTruth 52

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance