creeker

Charleston, WV

#41 Mar 21, 2013
Recently I wanted a night out - so I had a friend drop me off at a bar and pick me up. No I didn't get drunk - but felt it safer to have someone who had not had a drink at all to drive me in case some other drunken/drugged up person fell in the road in front of my car or something.

It's scary to drive up Campbells Creek and see people staggering all over the side of the road, walking in the middle and ignoring traffic and laughing when a driver has to swerve in other lane or even off road to avoid hitting them. They are suicidal people out there for sure with their brains so burned up, they don't know how to protect themselves FROM THEMSELVES!!!!!Not to mention, they don't care if they cause a wreck between vehicles or someone being charged for hitting them when they ASKED FOR IT.

I'm missing something about the parking lots being full at those bars on Piedmont Road - MUST be after the Moose closes, the already drinking customer goes to them as I've never went by late of the evening (9-10 pm) and saw either lot full.

Even if people are denied being served, who is to say they don't have liquor or drugs they partake of before they pull out. I think ONLY IF AN UNDECOVER ABC worker witnesses a DRUNK/DRUGGED UP person being served is only the time the bar owner should be charged.

Victims who walk in the middle of the road or drive wtihout operators are more than 50% at fault if they get hit by a vehicle - the roads are made for driving NOT WALKING, especially late of night when the bars all close.
Perry Mason

Martinsburg, WV

#42 Mar 22, 2013
If the victim gets the right lawyer and this chick has a home or some sort of property then the victim can sue and get it all.

The man can sue the panties off of her.(no pun intended) but it's true. She will lose her license and home plus jail time. Hope she rents instead of own.
Interesting

Chesapeake, OH

#43 Mar 22, 2013
Perry Mason wrote:
If the victim gets the right lawyer and this chick has a home or some sort of property then the victim can sue and get it all.
The man can sue the panties off of her.(no pun intended) but it's true. She will lose her license and home plus jail time. Hope she rents instead of own.
you are exactly right. They can get more than anyone could ever imagine. All my friend ask for was his funeral paid for and they didnt want to pay that so she proceeded on with all she could get. If you made a mistake or accidentally hit and killed someone you should want to atleast help with the funerAl cost. She didnt so the lawyer said he would move on to getting all he could.
murder

Charleston, WV

#44 Mar 22, 2013
As I hate stated - yes the driver would probably be 50% fault and the victim in the road 50% fault if both were HIGH - so the price of a funeral, I'm sure she had insurance on her vehicle that should have come up with that? strange. But I do think most car insurance's state if a person drivng illegally, or committing a crime - they didn't pay - so I'm not sure how that went down.

Some people could not come up with cash for a funeral all at one time - BUT IN THAT Case, YES i WOULD have got a loan or something once signatures in place for the agreement. Cheaper than getting a lawyer etc. huh? and if sober I would have pushed my insurance company to pay for the funeral if that was agreed to by all parties - as a caring person would be very upset about a death in that manner no matter whose fault it was.
Interesting

Chesapeake, OH

#45 Mar 22, 2013
murder wrote:
As I hate stated - yes the driver would probably be 50% fault and the victim in the road 50% fault if both were HIGH - so the price of a funeral, I'm sure she had insurance on her vehicle that should have come up with that? strange. But I do think most car insurance's state if a person drivng illegally, or committing a crime - they didn't pay - so I'm not sure how that went down.
Some people could not come up with cash for a funeral all at one time - BUT IN THAT Case, YES i WOULD have got a loan or something once signatures in place for the agreement. Cheaper than getting a lawyer etc. huh? and if sober I would have pushed my insurance company to pay for the funeral if that was agreed to by all parties - as a caring person would be very upset about a death in that manner no matter whose fault it was.
I asked my friend today about the funeral expenses & she said she offered to pay the funeral bill but her dad paid it all. After it was determined that the lady could have missed him she asked that her insurance pay the funeral bill.
The insurance company said she didn't want them to pay at all but the insurance company said they would pay $3000 of the funeral. That was only a 1/3 of it. So the lawyer from the insurance company was told we will just take this to court. They settled in 3 days.
SAD

Charleston, WV

#46 Mar 22, 2013
any death, no matter whether accident or on purpose leaves loved ones behind.
Concerned citizen

Martinsburg, WV

#47 Mar 25, 2013
Anybody heard anymore on this story? Is the guy that got injured alright? If so then is all the trouble with Janeace over with?
Creeker66

Chesapeake, OH

#48 Mar 25, 2013
He is still in the hospital. Her troubles have just began.
Rumor central

Martinsburg, WV

#49 Mar 25, 2013
I heard Matt was intoxicated and fell in front of the car and there was nothing could be done about it. Any truth in hat rumor?
geesh

Saint Albans, WV

#50 Mar 25, 2013
In reply to "Anonymous"-Chances are they're from either Campbells Creek, Georges Creek or Black Hawk Hollow so again I ask who really gives a crap about those low life losers?"

Wow - you are a POS - I care and any decent human being would as well - and I don't even know anybody from those places - you are pathetic !
creeker

Charleston, WV

#51 Mar 25, 2013
geesh

Anybody normal feels a tug at their heartstrings when someone gets hurt regardless of their criminal/drugging/drinking/way s. I know I do - but I try not to show a weakness in front of them though -...
Slinky

Martinsburg, WV

#52 Mar 26, 2013
I heard that the dame who ran over the dude actually works there and that she may have been intoxicated when she rolled over him. Is there any truth to that rumor? And does anyone know how the dude is doing?
yes

Ashburn, VA

#53 Mar 26, 2013
She does work there and for the state, she was drunk and he is paralyzed. She went to jail for a duo that night and was PR bonded OUT.FACTS
Slinky

Martinsburg, WV

#54 Mar 26, 2013
Wonder if she has any remorse for almost killing another human being or maybe rendering him paralyzed for life? Is she still working there, and if so is she still drinking? And another thing how come (MADD) hasn't come forward on this one?

Does she have any children of her own? What about her husband was he with her when she ran over the man? Was he drunk also?

I realize this is a lot of questions, but I am just curious as to why this isn't front page news.
1 post removed
Anonymous

Charleston, WV

#56 Mar 27, 2013
I think MADD is for helpless young innocent children, not drug addicts who roam around in the middle of the roads... with cars driving on them..
lol

Charleston, WV

#57 Mar 27, 2013
She is remorseful she feels awful and she and he as drunk. Read earlier posts
Wow

Indiana, PA

#58 Mar 27, 2013
Again it's all gossip, innuendo, and here say ! So many untruths written here its ridiculous !
foooook matt jones

Charleston, WV

#59 Mar 28, 2013
Hes a pos and got what he deserved. When i was a kid all he did was torment me. I still have issues over it and im 27. F that scumb of nothing. Maybe one day i can make fun of him to his face and see how he likes it. Everyday for five years would be even enough for me. Ohhhhhh whats wrong mat? Pooped ur diaper haha baby pooped his pants. I blame his parents for how he was. He deserved what he got. Karma is a mother f er
foooook matt jones

Charleston, WV

#60 Mar 28, 2013
I Hhope he doesnt make it poor f n thing. Happy days for meeeeeeeee
creeker

Charleston, WV

#61 Mar 29, 2013
foooook matt jones wrote:
I Hhope he doesnt make it poor f n thing. Happy days for meeeeeeeee
I don't personally know HIM but about a dozen more just like him get high and stagger around on rural roads. If she had been sober, they could have done absolutely nothing - even sober people freak if someone falls in front of their car...

But I can tell you this - there have been tims I wanted revenge for things people did to me and it IS AWESOME, but life treated most of them so bad and they made such bad choices - that my revenge need, kinda turned to pity. I won't let hate eat me up. There is a reason for everything...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leave that light on JJ!!!! 43 min DRTRUTH 15
Band At the Barrel last weekend 47 min PopTart22 2
Tom Clark and Fred Estep 1 hr Joey 6
Tom Clark and Josh Holbert 1 hr Joey 4
Matt Harkins 2 hr Trenton 14
Best barber in Charleston? (Mar '14) 2 hr Tony 36
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 4 hr FIT59 4,011

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance