New Place Grumpy's????
mojo

Charleston, WV

#26 Oct 14, 2011
The food was great, the deck out side is a great setting. The service was decent at bust, but the great food and very nice view of the river make up for any short comings. I've been there four times and there always seems to be attractive females ; ) I would highly recommend the place.
Chas girl

United States

#27 Oct 15, 2011
We've been there a few times since it opened as Grumpys and it's been the same everytime. Food is good, but the service is horrendous. Last time we were there it took an hour and a half to get our food and they weren't all that busy. I think one of the biggest problems is that they don't give the waiters and waitresses sections of tables. Instead they have tables here there and everywhere, inside and out. At least twice we had confused waiters come to our table bc they thought we were theirs and we weren't. There always seems to be a ton of ppl working, but nothing getting done. Good luck getting a drink or food. If you do get your food it's good though.
mojo

Charleston, WV

#28 Oct 18, 2011
I jerked my gurkin in the bathroom stall thinking about that bartender with the thick mustache. Anyone know that mancandys name?
Always Smilin

Scott Depot, WV

#29 Oct 19, 2011
CRW wrote:
<quoted text>
I was there and it was NASTY. Nothing more than a Skank Bar. The service was terrible and the food very substandard. Nuff said? I hardly think so. I'm sure there are others who had the same bad experience.
You must be mistaken...the crowd that hangs at Grumpy's is a mature and respectable. We love hanging there...no drama..great bands, good people. I go there quite often and its never been anything near Nasty or Skanky :(
mojo

Charleston, WV

#30 Oct 23, 2011
mojo wrote:
I jerked my gurkin in the bathroom stall thinking about that bartender with the thick mustache. Anyone know that mancandys name?
No need to use my name. Come out of the closet bro, free yourself. On a side note, I've noticed the service has slowly gotten better over time.

Since: Aug 11

Charleston, WV

#31 Oct 31, 2011
Well.... again.. it shows that Grumpys is really making their new joint a real "family oriented" place! Give me a break!! Ive never seen so much trash rollin in and out of there. Go look at their facebook pictures. Bikini Contests.. halloween parties... You see one of the owners.. with several diff women... umm which one is his wife, you surely cannot tell by the way he is holding on to all the different women. I also did see a little girls picture posted on there..so sad.. I would never want my kid associated with such trashiness. I am glad I have never decided to take my kid to the "family atmosphere" I would probably have been mortified at what they couldve seen.
justme

Reston, VA

#32 Oct 31, 2011
Diamond dust.......love your heart!!!!!! Just to clarify.....Grumpys is a Huge multifunctioning facility...the "Model Search" started at 10pm which is after the restaurant is closed.....the winner of the search won an All expense paid trip.to compete in the International contest....the winner was also accompanied by her entire family as was 90% of the participants....
As for the Halloween party.....it took place in the BAR area and was amazing......everybody there had a great time....personally I have met all the owners and the are hard working ( outside of Grumpys) and they are all very friendly, respectable people....I think its about time that there is. Place that people can go....have a great time in a NICE, clean and safe atmosphere!!!!
My condolences to you diamond dust....I hope u find happiness in your life or at least something to occupy your time other than "hating" on nice people trying to make something a success!!!!
BFE, tomorrows the first......don't forget to check.mail for your check!!!!! ;)
avesta dr

United States

#33 Mar 1, 2012
They have good wings
Don1

Charleston, WV

#34 Mar 1, 2012
Grumpy's food is great!
burnie

Lubbock, TX

#35 Mar 2, 2012
service is terrible, food is not so great, bathrooms are disgusting. Never again.
bored

Charleston, WV

#36 Mar 2, 2012
Employees are rude and lazy. Food mediocre
hanna

Charleston, WV

#37 Mar 2, 2012
I agree the food is really good.
2 posts removed
wow

Desoto, TX

#40 Mar 2, 2012
I'm amazed that grown men and women don't respect themselves enough not to gossip or call out people for having affairs on a website! It's ruining marriages and families! Maybe some women actually believe in there men and shame on there husbands for cheating but is it necessary to keep going on and on about it? Let it go and move on.
Ur mama

New York, NY

#41 Mar 2, 2012
One u dumb a s s e s. Ip addresses on forums to be tracked would be awfully costly one u have to get a judge to give u a order to summon the company. 2 . It's a local forum. Look up the word it's freedom of speech. U dumb a s s e s! And the people your talking about. Why don't y'all come out of hibernation and say ur names. Hold on. They already know . Karma is a m o t h e r f u c k !
you know nothing UR mama

Charleston, WV

#42 Mar 2, 2012
they can be tracked and its easy. Thats why when full names are metnioned topix removes, they dont want to get sued. its SLANDER. If you dont believe it, ask some of the high school kids near hurricane. this is faceless bullying bullshit from jealous people. you cant run with us, DEAL
Ur mama

New York, NY

#43 Mar 2, 2012
Yea but u have to go thru the whole process. There no it all. 1. Get a lawyer. 2 then find a judge that will even look into the matter to see if there's any evidence to issue a subpoena to the company for the ip address! It take time and money doll. Evidently u have both. Because u spend all ur useless time on this freaking crap. I have been in the computer field for 15 years. It's not as easy as u seem u know. Go back to school. Fat a s s !!!
Blind

Statts Mills, WV

#44 Mar 3, 2012
wow wrote:
I'm amazed that grown men and women don't respect themselves enough not to gossip or call out people for having affairs on a website! It's ruining marriages and families! Maybe some women actually believe in there men and shame on there husbands for cheating but is it necessary to keep going on and on about it? Let it go and move on.
I didn't see specific names mentioned?
joseph

Charleston, WV

#45 Mar 3, 2012
Grumpys is great, my family was visiting from NC and we had a blast, the food was awesome and we all had a great time.
Billy

Nitro, WV

#46 Mar 4, 2012
I ate there and then had the shits for 3 days. I think they are about ready to go out of business. They should. Before they kill someone.
ABC

Charleston, WV

#47 Mar 4, 2012
They better start asking for ID at the door, I myself have been in there undercover and they do not ask for ID. How would you the owners feel if you'r daughter or son came in there an order a beer and was only the age of 18 or 19.... And the Blond bartender is a mouthy bitch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Male doctors are perverts... 32 min Becky 51
Charleston Treatment Center nurse is stealing m... (Mar '15) 2 hr Blonde 34
Holli Lucenti 3 hr liteswitch38 5
Perverted doctors ...ready set ..go ... 7 hr Blonde 11
Patrick Morrisey Should Investigate Gas Prices 7 hr Blonde 11
Happy people in Indiana! 7 hr Blonde 22
Is he coming onto me ?? 7 hr Blonde 16

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance