New Place Grumpy's????
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Charleston, WV

#1 Aug 25, 2011
Has anyone been to Grumpy's? If so were you waiting forever for your drink and food? I will never go back there... seems like the owners are more concerned about their partying lifestyles then taking care of their customers. They are always there drinking and socializing. Seems like they dont know when to cut the drunks off either.... sloppy drunks there. All the owners wanna do is make the money and think they are 16 again....
1 post removed
yuck

Charleston, WV

#3 Aug 25, 2011
place is Gross !!
2 posts removed
Sissonville Sky

Charleston, WV

#6 Aug 25, 2011
Same thing happened to me. I actually had to pull the little hostess out of the Bar TWICE to get seated and then have the proper menu delivered to me. She was watching a football game on TV and she seemed aggravated that I had even bothered her.

I thought by now the kinks would have been worked out there. Obviously not.
1 post removed
wonder

Jersey City, NJ

#8 Aug 26, 2011
I didn't eat.....drank a few beers....seemed more of a bar than a resturant....but I liked it.
red dragon

Reston, VA

#9 Aug 27, 2011
The old tomahawks????
Blue Eyes

Saint Albans, WV

#10 Aug 27, 2011
I guess if you like hangin with swingers and phone company hoes then it's a great place to be
Kornho Granny

Orlando, FL

#11 Aug 27, 2011
Blue Eyes wrote:
I guess if you like hangin with swingers and phone company hoes then it's a great place to be
Well hello Blue Eyes. I hear Nitro is a Ho town.Guess thats why you enjoy it so. If you don't like Grumpy's no one forces you to go there. Just cause you couldn't score due to your personal hygiene and ugliness, don't bad mouth the place.Try Ohio,all skanks there!!!!!!!!!!I just responded to one a little while ago.
here and there

United States

#12 Aug 29, 2011
We went last weekend and waited 10 minutes for a hostess. Five minutes to have our drink order taken. Ten minutes to get our drinks while one of the owners was talking to a guest right next to us. Our pizza didn't have all the toppings we ordered. I went to the bathroom and saw the owner sweeping the bathroom floor. I had to stop and ask wtf the problem is there and let him know we will not be back. We got two free beers. Whoopty freaking s#+t. Grumpy's...FAIL!
here and there

United States

#13 Aug 29, 2011
Hilarious how some can turn a thread in to a personal attack. Oh well there is something sad about people with low self esteem and their strong need to put others down.
hank

Demotte, IN

#14 Aug 31, 2011
Where is it

Charleston, WV

#15 Aug 31, 2011
I'm a little surprised to hear the negative comments. It is a complete turn-around from the old Tomahawks. You can tell that the owners have did alot of work and spent alot of money remodeling. My husband has a Harley so nothing against bikers at all but I am glad they no longer allow club patches and colors. That seems to have really changed the atmosphere at this restaurant/bar. We have been there several times and thought it was wonderful. The owners all seem to be very hard workers who are just trying to offer a nice restaurant and cool place for people to hang out. The first couple times we was there the service was a little slow but as with all new restaurants, the kinks have to be worked out. The food has always been excellent and the service has came a long way. It is by far one of the cleanest restaurants I've been to and we love driving up on our boat and enjoying the relaxing outdoor seating! Not too many places on the river for families to pull up to a nice boat dock and enjoy an excellent meal! My husband and I have also visited the bar on our nights out without the kids and the bands and crowds were great. Nothing but fun and no drama. We love it! And they must be doing something right because it's always packed!
momto2boyz

United States

#16 Aug 31, 2011
diamondust wrote:
Has anyone been to Grumpy's? If so were you waiting forever for your drink and food? I will never go back there... seems like the owners are more concerned about their partying lifestyles then taking care of their customers. They are always there drinking and socializing. Seems like they dont know when to cut the drunks off either.... sloppy drunks there. All the owners wanna do is make the money and think they are 16 again....
Who owns the place?
mnm

Charleston, WV

#17 Aug 31, 2011
Grumpys rock! Stop hatin, you can obviously tell you know them personally. Jealousy gets you know where. Stop hatin!

Charleston, WV

#18 Sep 1, 2011
Honestly "mnm" there is no hatin goin on here... just the facts. If anyone wants the truth then go see for yourself. When I was there.. A bunch of girls were advertising theirselves like fresh meat. it was pitiful really. maybe if I was single and wanted to put myself out there, then i would understand more. I really had thought it was supposed to be a kid friendly place, but I wouldnt want my kids with me there. I hope they get a clue and turn the place around to somthing besides a wild/meat market.

Charleston, WV

#19 Sep 2, 2011
OK--- So for "mnm" and "1happy1"
This was on the Eyewitness News Behind the Kitchen Door.
"We start out at Grumpy's over in Jefferson. Inspectors found 25 violations, including 9 critical. A lot of things needed cleaning, the ice machine, mixer, meat slicer, pop nozzle and can opener. There were gnats in the bar, inspectors made them throw away corn beef and prime rib that was stored at an incorrect temperature and the ice scoop was cracked. All but a couple of those critical violations were corrected on the spot."

Enough said.
2DaHouse

Reston, VA

#20 Sep 2, 2011
diamondust wrote:
OK--- So for "mnm" and "1happy1"
This was on the Eyewitness News Behind the Kitchen Door.
"We start out at Grumpy's over in Jefferson. Inspectors found 25 violations, including 9 critical. A lot of things needed cleaning, the ice machine, mixer, meat slicer, pop nozzle and can opener. There were gnats in the bar, inspectors made them throw away corn beef and prime rib that was stored at an incorrect temperature and the ice scoop was cracked. All but a couple of those critical violations were corrected on the spot."

Enough said.
If you based Where you ate by how many violations a restaurant received, you would eat only at home. It's a new place too, they will work out the kinks. I consider the place a bar for the most part, best river view in the valley.

Charleston, WV

#21 Sep 3, 2011
did you happen to read the part that said most violations were corrected on the spot? this is a new restaurant and they are going to have issues in the beginning. have you ever ran a resaurant? i doubt it. that report wont't stop my husband and i from going there...we were there last nite and guess what? still packed. so evidentally wont stop most from going. im sure you were probably there too.:) btw...did you know that the Outback was shut down for 3 days because of the health inspection and guess what? they are still packed too. lol

sounds to me like you have a personal issue with the owners or someone who works there by your earlier comments. like someone else said....must be jealousy! nuff said.
1 post removed
CRW

Huntington, WV

#23 Sep 3, 2011
1happy1 wrote:
did you happen to read the part that said most violations were corrected on the spot? this is a new restaurant and they are going to have issues in the beginning. have you ever ran a resaurant? i doubt it. that report wont't stop my husband and i from going there...we were there last nite and guess what? still packed. so evidentally wont stop most from going. im sure you were probably there too.:) btw...did you know that the Outback was shut down for 3 days because of the health inspection and guess what? they are still packed too. lol

sounds to me like you have a personal issue with the owners or someone who works there by your earlier comments. like someone else said....must be jealousy! nuff said.
I was there and it was NASTY. Nothing more than a Skank Bar. The service was terrible and the food very substandard. Nuff said? I hardly think so. I'm sure there are others who had the same bad experience.
happy

Charleston, WV

#24 Oct 12, 2011
anyone go there?
Swinger 56

Reston, VA

#25 Oct 14, 2011
2DaHouse wrote:
<quoted text>
If you based Where you ate by how many violations a restaurant received, you would eat only at home. It's a new place too, they will work out the kinks. I consider the place a bar for the most part, best river view in the valley.
. This place is freaking gross. And is a joke. Won't last 6 months. Swingers meeting tonight - at 9. Be there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Linzy Gardner 23 min Insider 3
I SCREWEDa girl on the desk in my office 36 min San antonio 1
possible hooker up Campbells Creek?? 38 min Wilbur 34
##reward for info on person using "idgt" text s... 40 min Ron 21
Judge Todd Kaufman 55 min ummm 3
Republican Congressional Report Card ---Not Good ! 1 hr Hookin for Jesus 8
I like to smell Asscrack on my finger 1 hr meat 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages