First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Nookie

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Nov 3, 2013
Check out ""The Democratic Party Platform 1864". You will find out the democrats wanted to sell slavery out and keep blacks as slaves.. You can also check out " Chicago Platform 1864". You will find out the republicans stood up to do away with slavery. Ever hear of the Civil War?
Nookie

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Nov 3, 2013
It appears the ""Blacks have no memory about who really gave them freedom. They have again been sold out by one of their own. Once in Africa and now by Obama in the US. Got any spare chains???
human

Hurricane, WV

#3 Nov 3, 2013
Nookie wrote:
Check out ""The Democratic Party Platform 1864". You will find out the democrats wanted to sell slavery out and keep blacks as slaves.. You can also check out " Chicago Platform 1864". You will find out the republicans stood up to do away with slavery. Ever hear of the Civil War?
Yeah and you have to back to 1864 to find the last time that Republicans supported blacks. Nice try, but try being honest instead of trying to make people believe something about today that you know isn't true. Funny how you like to selectively use history for your own benefit. But, then again, that's what makes you a Republican.
WTF

Charleston, WV

#4 Nov 3, 2013
human wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and you have to back to 1864 to find the last time that Republicans supported blacks. Nice try, but try being honest instead of trying to make people believe something about today that you know isn't true. Funny how you like to selectively use history for your own benefit. But, then again, that's what makes you a Republican.
Admit it you are WRONG! You use the word Republican like it's a curse word almost like calling someone the "N" word!...how Christian are you really? Stop your stupid, uninformed rants! No one agrees with you!
SadForYou

Charleston, WV

#5 Nov 3, 2013
human wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and you have to back to 1864 to find the last time that Republicans supported blacks. Nice try, but try being honest instead of trying to make people believe something about today that you know isn't true. Funny how you like to selectively use history for your own benefit. But, then again, that's what makes you a Republican.
Was Lincoln for central banks or government expansion? No. Can you tell me what party filibustered for 83 days to keep black americans segrigated from white Americans. O it was Robert byrd and the democrat party still in power today. Most Democrats from the Southern states opposed the bill and led an unsuccessful 83-day filibuster, including Senators Albert Gore, Sr.(D-TN) and J. William Fulbright (D-AR), as well as Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, who personally filibustered for 14 hours straight. The same people who still to this day darken the door of the democrat party. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act ......Educate yourself
SadForYou

Charleston, WV

#6 Nov 3, 2013
By the way those 1964 and 65 civil rights bills and voting bills were all opposed by Democrats. Many of whom are still in power today or have sired those in power today.

Since: May 12

Charleston, WV

#7 Nov 4, 2013
Facts are stubborn things. Your only option is to open your mind to your own bigotry or put your fingers in your ears and repeat the lies you've been told your whole life.

Just ask yourself, why are African Americans perpetrated as generational victims in the Democrat party?

http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/DYK-H...
Ad man

Ravenswood, WV

#8 Nov 4, 2013
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Admit it you are WRONG! You use the word Republican like it's a curse word almost like calling someone the "N" word!...how Christian are you really? Stop your stupid, uninformed rants! No one agrees with you!
What was I wrong about?
Ad man

Ravenswood, WV

#9 Nov 4, 2013
SadForYou wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Lincoln for central banks or government expansion? No. Can you tell me what party filibustered for 83 days to keep black americans segrigated from white Americans. O it was Robert byrd and the democrat party still in power today. Most Democrats from the Southern states opposed the bill and led an unsuccessful 83-day filibuster, including Senators Albert Gore, Sr.(D-TN) and J. William Fulbright (D-AR), as well as Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, who personally filibustered for 14 hours straight. The same people who still to this day darken the door of the democrat party. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act ......Educate yourself
Keep up with the times, Sad. That was 50 years ago. I don't support the southern racist Democrat/Dixiecrat party of those years. Like I said, the south has always been racist right up to today. Their the same people. They used to be Democrats and when FDR started the new deal, the southern Dems didn't like it (you know, because it helped people) and they spent the next 30-40 years turning Republican. Look at an election map from the 30's to the 70s and 80s and you'll see those states go from voting only Democratic to voting almost exclusively Republican.
Human

Ravenswood, WV

#10 Nov 4, 2013
SadForYou wrote:
By the way those 1964 and 65 civil rights bills and voting bills were all opposed by Democrats. Many of whom are still in power today or have sired those in power today.
Again, I wouldn't be for those southern Dems. They were and are racists. And, you are completely wrong that MANY of those Dems who voted against the Civil Rights bills are in power today. I'm not sure that any of them are, but if there are, there are very, very few. I'll challenge you to name 15 of them, if you say there are many of them still in office.
Human

Ravenswood, WV

#11 Nov 4, 2013
compcarp wrote:
Facts are stubborn things. Your only option is to open your mind to your own bigotry or put your fingers in your ears and repeat the lies you've been told your whole life.
Just ask yourself, why are African Americans perpetrated as generational victims in the Democrat party?
http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/DYK-H...
What is my own bigotry? What lies am I repeating? How do you say African Americans are perpetrated as generational victims by the Dems?
Human

Ravenswood, WV

#12 Nov 4, 2013
From Wikipedia:

The South becomes Republican

For nearly a century after Reconstruction, the white South identified with the Democratic Party. The Democrats' lock on power was so strong the region was called the Solid South. Before 1948, southern Democrats believed that their party, with its respect for states' rights and appreciation of traditional southern values, was the defender of the southern way of life. Southern Democrats warned against aggressive designs on the part of Northern liberals and Republicans and civil rights activists whom they denounced as "outside agitators."

The adoption of the strong civil rights plank by the 1948 convention and the integration of the armed forces by President Harry S. Truman's Executive Order 9981, which provided for equal treatment and opportunity for African-American servicemen, drove a wedge between the northern and southern branches of the party.

With the presidency of John F. Kennedy the Democratic Party began to embrace the civil rights movement, and its lock on the South was irretrievably broken. Upon signing the Civil Rights Act of 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson prophesied, "We have lost the South for a generation."[46]

Integration and the civil rights movement caused enormous controversy in the white South, with many attacking it as a violation of states' rights. When segregation was outlawed by court order and by the Civil Rights acts of 1964 and 1965, a die-hard element resisted integration, led by Democratic governors Orval Faubus of Arkansas, Lester Maddox of Georgia, and especially George Wallace of Alabama. These populist governors appealed to a less-educated, blue-collar electorate that on economic grounds favored the Democratic Party, but opposed desegregation. After 1965 most Southerners accepted integration (with the exception of public schools).

Believing themselves betrayed by the Democratic Party, traditional white southerners joined the new middle-class and the Northern transplants in moving toward the Republican Party. Meanwhile, newly enfranchised Black voters began supporting Democratic candidates at the 80-90-percent levels, producing Democratic leaders such as Julian Bond and John Lewis of Georgia, and Barbara Jordan of Texas. Just as Martin Luther King had promised, integration had brought about a new day in Southern politics. The Republican Party's southern strategy further alienated black voters from the party.
Human

Ravenswood, WV

#13 Nov 4, 2013
You guys have obviously don't know that the two parties changed what they stood for in the 20th century. Look it up. Study some history and then you'll be enlightened. I've done that. You obviously haven't and that's why I understand this and you don't.
Dr Tom

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Nov 4, 2013
Human wrote:
You guys have obviously don't know that the two parties changed what they stood for in the 20th century. Look it up. Study some history and then you'll be enlightened. I've done that. You obviously haven't and that's why I understand this and you don't.
What you have done is confused yourself.
human

Ravenswood, WV

#15 Nov 4, 2013
Dr Tom wrote:
<quoted text>What you have done is confused yourself.
How so?
Dr Tom

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Nov 4, 2013
Don't you hear the chains clinking???
1 post removed
human

Hurricane, WV

#18 Nov 4, 2013
Dr Tom wrote:
Don't you hear the chains clinking???
I don't get it. Explain (if you can).

Since: May 12

Poca, WV

#19 Nov 4, 2013
You do understand that Wiki is not fact checked and anyone with an agenda can re-edit the page with truth or lies as they wish, right?

These days history is branded to whichever cause you wish to attach yourself to. Be willing to read other views and let them challenge any long held "truth" you believe. Play attorney and prove yourside against the other without the influence of Bill Maher, Jesse Jackson, Jon Stewart, etc.

With an open mind listen to men like:
Elbert Guillory

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Herman Cain
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/p...

Alfonzo Rachel
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Even women like Kira Davis
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
SadForYou

Charleston, WV

#20 Nov 4, 2013
Human wrote:
Gods you are silly. If there was a party shift, and it was more slight than popularity believed, it uniformly happened in the late 1700's and early 1800's not 1964. And pal you are supporting disguised racism and anti American intent through your inability to recognize it in your party leadership. If you give a man a fish he eats for a day, if you teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime. This simple concept if applied to the lowered standerds and expectations of minorities put in place in our education system by Democrats is why we have people like you pal. You spout without understanding. It also happens to be the biggest single reason for holding minorities in poverty. Lower education and expectations breeds desperation.
human

Hurricane, WV

#21 Nov 4, 2013
So you're interested in helping minorities, huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lil Man back to campbell creek in August 8 min Cabin Creek 10
Ladies . . . does size really matter? 31 min der 75
Ridgeview pastor charged with sexually abusing ... 1 hr Bigot Buster 26
Nick null still on administrative leave? 1 hr Curios 4
Rumor has Mark Plants running for Mayor 4 hr Loser 29
A First Timer 5 hr A First Timer 5
Tony Johnson at Treys barber shop. 5 hr ataboy 2
Jenifer McAndrews on WCHS 21 hr news watcher 30
Charleston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:29 am PST

NFL 6:29AM
Steelers reportedly to allow Worilds to hit market
Bleacher Report 8:08 AM
How Bengals Can Create Ultimate Defense in 2015
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers' Ultimate Free-Agency To-Do List
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
What Are the Steelers' Options at Slot Receiver?
CBS Sports 5:55 AM
Devon Still tweets that daughter Leah is home after latest treatment