First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Need help

Bronx, NY

#1 Jan 11, 2013
I need to know is it illegal for someone to record your phone conservation without your consent or I should say without you knowing anything about the recording?
nis

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Jan 11, 2013
No it isn't.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#3 Jan 11, 2013
NIS is correct. WV Statuate allows as long as at least ONE PARTY is aware. Then there is the Federal Patriot Act of 2005 that makes exceptions as well.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#4 Jan 11, 2013
wv Code: 62-1D-3(e).
yep

United States

#5 Jan 11, 2013
You can video someone one without them knowing but you cannot record audio without them knowing. Only the law can record audio without them knowing.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#6 Jan 11, 2013
You can do one or the other, but can't do both at the same time.
Just sayin

Saint Albans, WV

#7 Jan 11, 2013
It's definitely legal to video tape someone, my husband and I caught a registered sex offender video taping the neighborhood kids playing and called the cops and they told us they couldn't do anything about it, so if he can get by with than anyone can! Freakin sicko, it's sickens me to think what he does while watching those videos and get by with it!!!
Need help

Bronx, NY

#8 Jan 11, 2013
Now What if the person that did the recording sent you text saying he has you recorded saying something and he will cause trouble for you at work and in your life with the recording
1 post removed
Cmon Man

Charleston, WV

#10 Jan 11, 2013
Need help wrote:
Now What if the person that did the recording sent you text saying he has you recorded saying something and he will cause trouble for you at work and in your life with the recording
Then you shouldn't say things that will get you in trouble in the first place.
See also: The entire Republican Party of the United States
Ensilgh Teehcar

Chesapeake, VA

#11 Jan 11, 2013
Need help wrote:
I need to know is it illegal for someone to record your phone conservation without your consent or I should say without you knowing anything about the recording?
What is a Phone conservation? Is that when one conserves phones? I'm stuck on this one.
Might be

Charleston, WV

#12 Jan 11, 2013
Need help wrote:
Is he asking for something in return for not sharing the phone conversation? Then thats blackmail. They might be able to record you, but what they choose to do with that recording can get them in trouble. Blackmail, Harrassment, lots of things. I would call an attorney if you are afraid of this costing you your employment.
Need help

Bronx, NY

#13 Jan 11, 2013
Might be wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he asking for something in return for not sharing the phone conversation? Then thats blackmail. They might be able to record you, but what they choose to do with that recording can get them in trouble. Blackmail, Harrassment, lots of things. I would call an attorney if you are afraid of this costing you your employment.
Yea he wants something in return for me not to talk to his new girlfriend and tell her he's been cheating on her. He's that type of a** to cause problems for me.
Ashley

Hurricane, WV

#14 Jan 11, 2013
Maybe you should have thought about that, before you slept with him.

;
Need help

Bronx, NY

#15 Jan 11, 2013
Ashley wrote:
Maybe you should have thought about that, before you slept with him.
;
I'm sorry maybe he should learn how to tell the truth bout him being in relationship before he decides to sleep with not only myself but a few others too
Ashley

Hurricane, WV

#16 Jan 11, 2013
Sorry, if you lay with dogs, you are gonna get fleas! It seems to me like he's the one who should be concerned about what is said and not you....unless maybe you are cheating on your spouse/boyfriend too?
Need help

Bronx, NY

#17 Jan 12, 2013
You know what you are right But when you with aomeone for over 5 years you tend to trust and believe that person I'm sorry I did that because the TRUTH finally did come out and NOT from him he had let the other one moved in plus he had myself and three others he was going too so again I'm sorry I trusted and believed him
Ashley

Hurricane, WV

#18 Jan 12, 2013
So is he threatening to tell your husband/boyfriend? I have a feeling you work at one of the local hospitals?
Need help

Bronx, NY

#19 Jan 12, 2013
I'm sorry but no I don't have a husband or boyfriend like I said I was with him for over 5 years and no one else what he is threatening to tell is a comment I made about a coworker which can and will cause a lot of problems if they found out
Ashley

Hurricane, WV

#20 Jan 12, 2013
So he is a cheating dog, and you are worried about what he has to say? I wouldn't worry one bit, who do you think the coworker will believe? You, or a cheating, lying, bastard?
Need help

Bronx, NY

#21 Jan 12, 2013
Well IF he has me on tape saying it I sure cant say I didn't say it can I. You have to understand this man is a very revengeful person he doesn't care who he hurts in any way he can as long as he gets what he wants. It's the kind of stuff he is capable of doing that worries me more than anything

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS in Charleston 58 min Concerned 61
Dr. Kalou (Sep '12) 1 hr CHAD 26
Reese Guy? 1 hr bxtchBbadzZZ 3
Look out drunk drives the snitch is here 1 hr rick 7
Wvwho's Worley pulls a Ray Rice on girl 2 hr jeez 6
Sarah working for a private investigator 2 hr curious 2
Court house security 2 hr THESE DUMB ASS PE... 34
rev watts arrested for selling heroin. 2 hr prayers 11
•••
•••